Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 04:36 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,738,825 times

Advertisements

It's an overreach, pure and simple, and hardly after a thorough investigation.

Maybe all suspects should be charged directly by the prosecutor, bypassing the grand jury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 04:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,176,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
There is no coroners report, yet.

But I posted the vid of SA Mosley as she goes through the charges, that might help you in lieu of the COD ME's report.

Many articles have been posted about FG's 80% severed spine and crushed larynx, along with head injury that matches a bolt from the van, which may have caused the internal decapitation.

These are no injuries one could sustain on their own.

The below link might help
Six Baltimore Police Officers Charged in Freddie Gray Death - WSJ
About that bolt. Have there been any photos of it? I don't put much stock in the Daily Mail, but it does raise an interesting question if there are not supposed to be bolts sticking out of the inside of the van normally. Why would a sign in a van have a bolt so large it could kill someone?

Where's the bolt that 'killed Freddie Gray' in Baltimore? | Daily Mail Online

Old 05-01-2015, 04:59 PM

6,459 posts, read 11,995,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
About that bolt. Have there been any photos of it? I don't put much stock in the Daily Mail, but it does raise an interesting question if there are not supposed to be bolts sticking out of the inside of the van normally. Why would a sign in a van have a bolt so large it could kill someone?

Where's the bolt that 'killed Freddie Gray' in Baltimore? | Daily Mail Online
No "bolt" killed that man.

A vicious beating torture session did.

Torn severed spine and crushed voicebox was not the work of bolt lock.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:10 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,176,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

After I posted this, the evening news showed the inside of the police van, and it was basically lined with bolts--there were tons of them, though I still don't know why they aren't covered. Other people (including a white woman) said they had those same 'rough rides' in Baltimore and said it was terrifying. It sounds like a regular sadistic thing that the Baltimore police do. There apparently needs to be cameras inside the vans as well if the police are going to treat people like animals.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:17 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,472,334 times
Quote:

So far, the DA hasn't mentioned any beating torture session. You think she's holding that part back for a big surprise at the trials.

Last edited by jazzarama; 05-01-2015 at 05:28 PM..

Old 05-01-2015, 05:33 PM

163 posts, read 124,669 times
Quote:
<b> I don't believe his family would be targeted.
I do. I also feel sorry for the state's attorney. She may not live long either. No, wait, I take that back. That would be too obvious. Her life will be made to be miserable, like any targeted individual.
Quote:
<b>]What the outcome will be, no one can know what a jury will do.
I'm guessing the outcome will be that no one goes to jail, as usual.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:50 PM

23,003 posts, read 12,154,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
and both of her parents and all of her uncles are/were Police Officers and she is going to charge 6 cops because an attorney contributed to her campaign? oh yeah..sure that happens every day... But you will vote for Political candidates who get their pockets stuffed by the likes of the Koch Brothers
It's not just campaign contributions. Mosby had stated that Murphy (the Gray family lawyer) is a 'mentor' to her. Murphy does stand to gain financially on any/all indictments, and since he is considered a mentor to Mosby there is already rumblings (in legal circles, etc.) that he has been pressuring her to indict. Also, Mosby's husband is a City Councilman, who stands to gain, or lose, on her actions. Too many things that could backlash on Mosby. If Mosby had been smart about this 'high profile' case she should have brought in an independent special prosecutor, and, turned the case over to the GJ. Highly unusual for someone in her position to not pass it off, whether she has those ties or not.

(P.S. nope 2sleepy, you weren't the one who jumped the gun and wrongfully posted that Gray was paralyzed before being put into the van, it was another poster on here)

Quote:

Trial date in June.

So it appears this is an old warrant from March, 2015 which could have been dealt with.

Nice try tho'
If the warrant had been dealt with then the court records would no longer have an open warrant listed. But, either way the point is moot since Gray was not busted on the warrant charge (perhaps if he'd lived and made it to the PD then they would have held him on the outstanding warrant)

[following post snipped for brevity in my post]
Quote:
I wonder if he will be the first to throw his comrades under the bus.
Per your post, he already has thrown his 'comrades' under the bus.

Quote:
Stephanie Rawlings-Blake

As mayor, I have said from the beginning that no one is above the law in our city. I was sickened and heartbroken by the statement of charges we heard today. No one is above the law in our city. Justice must apply to all of us equally.
[emphasis mine]
'give them space to destroy'

So, when is she going to be charged for inciting a riot?

Old 05-01-2015, 05:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,222,269 times
Quote:

Wouldn't the other prisoner in the van have heard or seen something ?

Old 05-01-2015, 06:12 PM

42,754 posts, read 25,988,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wouldn't the other prisoner in the van have heard or seen something ?
Apparently he was only in the van for 6 minutes, one account claimed that he said Gray was making 'banging' possibly to hurt himself, but he could not see Gray. In interviews with the press he denies having said that Gray was trying to hurt himself, and that he only said Gray made four banging sounds. From what I heard today Gray was already in bad shape by the time they picked up the second prisoner.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:17 PM

42,754 posts, read 25,988,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
It's an overreach, pure and simple, and hardly after a thorough investigation.

Maybe all suspects should be charged directly by the prosecutor, bypassing the grand jury.
In some states almost no criminal cases go to the Grand Jury, why do you have a problem with the prosecutor doing the charging? That's what would have happened to Freddie Gray if he didn't end up dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events