U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2015, 08:58 AM
 
625 posts, read 469,377 times
Reputation: 1729

Advertisements

Maryland State's Attorney: Gray's death was a homicide.

All 6 officers will be charged in Freddie Gray's death.

Arrest was illegal (per State's attorney).

Charges will include 2nd degree murder, manslaughter, assault, negligence.

Last edited by BamaBlue; 05-01-2015 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2015, 08:59 AM
 
556 posts, read 468,079 times
Reputation: 760
Arrest warrants issued.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2015, 09:04 AM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,476,406 times
Reputation: 15493
Overcharged in my non attorney opinion. Probably just the usual "shotgun" approach to see what sticks at trial and/or appeasement of the mobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2015, 09:04 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 683,510 times
Reputation: 1636
Freddie Gray’s death ruled a homicide, charges to be filed against 6 officers

Posted 7:48 AM, May 1, 2015, by CNN Wire,

Updated at 07:57am, May 1, 2015 BALTIMORE — Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby told reporters Friday that her office’s investigation, coupled with a medical examiner’s determination that Freddie Gray’s death was a homicide, led her to determine there is probable cause to file criminal charges.
Six police officers have been charged in the death of Freddie Gray, Mosby said.

Mosby said that three Baltimore police officers illegally arrested Freddie Gray on April 12. She also said that a knife that Gray had was not illegal.



http://q13fox.com/2015/05/01/freddie...s-to-be-filed/


BBM

People want to know why someone runs from police? Illegally detained, knife was not illegal.

At least this is a step in the right direction. If officers can't do their jobs within what the law requires, time to let them go.

Last edited by Amythyst; 05-01-2015 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: forgot link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2015, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Sugarland
13,743 posts, read 12,654,169 times
Reputation: 16584
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Maryland State's Attorney: Gray's death was a homicide.

All 6 officers will be charged in Freddie Gray's death.

Arrest was illegal (per State's attorney).

Charges will include 2nd degree murder, manslaughter, assault, negligence.
I have a hard time believing that it was homicide and an illegal arrest, but we'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2015, 09:06 AM
 
625 posts, read 469,377 times
Reputation: 1729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Freddie Gray’s death ruled a homicide, charges to be filed against 6 officers

Posted 7:48 AM, May 1, 2015, by CNN Wire,

Updated at 07:57am, May 1, 2015 BALTIMORE — Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby told reporters Friday that her office’s investigation, coupled with a medical examiner’s determination that Freddie Gray’s death was a homicide, led her to determine there is probable cause to file criminal charges.
Six police officers have been charged in the death of Freddie Gray, Mosby said.

Mosby said that three Baltimore police officers illegally arrested Freddie Gray on April 12. She also said that a knife that Gray had was not illegal.



Freddie Gray’s death ruled a homicide, charges to be filed against 6 officers | Q13 FOX News


BBM

People want to know why someone runs from police? Illegally detained, knife was not illegal.

At least this is a step in the right direction. If officers can't do their jobs within what the law requires, time to let them go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2015, 09:08 AM
 
625 posts, read 469,377 times
Reputation: 1729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I have a hard time believing that it was homicide and an illegal arrest, but we'll see.
Why do you have a hard time with that?

Regardless, as we know from past cases, just because they've been charged doesn't mean anyone will serve a single day of time or even go to trial.

They are, of course, innocent until proven guilt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2015, 09:08 AM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 10,369,871 times
Reputation: 4228
Good news that this case is going to trial. Too often cases involving officers don't even make it that far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2015, 09:10 AM
 
7,328 posts, read 3,999,259 times
Reputation: 9074
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Why do you have a hard time with that?
Do you really have to ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2015, 09:11 AM
 
556 posts, read 468,079 times
Reputation: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Overcharged in my non attorney opinion. Probably just the usual "shotgun" approach to see what sticks at trial and/or appeasement of the mobs.
Facts that have come out so far are pretty bad for police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:16 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top