U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 06:00 AM

1,077 posts, read 650,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Oh, didn't you hear? The looters weren't unruly thugs. They were "caught up in the moment."

I've been listening to protesters on TV complaining about how racist the city is, but I just found these facts about Baltimore.

The Mayor is Black
The State Attorney is Black
The School Superintendent is Black
The Police Chief is Black
Most members of the City Council are Black
43% of the Baltimore Police Force is Black

Forgive me for asking, but isn't this a conflict between the community and the police, not a racial problem?
BBM

Yes, I believe this is not about race and more about police brutality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 06:01 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,455,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It has everything to do with race as this entire situation, riots, etc etc etc is being framed as yet another Black man killed by police. So it's important to know the race of all the parties involved.

If it wasn't for that fact, nobody would have every heard of Freddie Gray.

Certainly! At least not the people who think everytime police is being questioned is "just" because of the race involved and not because of the BS some policemen pull occasionally.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:09 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,491,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup
He can tell his family everything he wants, doesn't mean he didn't do something wrong.
Indeed!!

He knows what he did......... HE WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET OUT OF IT!!

Old 05-02-2015, 08:28 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,255,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
BBM

Yes, I believe this is not about race and more about police brutality.
I'd be willing to bet that the Baltimore Police (of any race) don't treat their white arrestees the same way.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:49 AM

23,965 posts, read 31,184,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
exactly. they are all blue. as a black woman, i don't think i would have made it as a cop. the first time my non black coworkers did something dirty, i would be the first one to snitch. i'd rather be an outcast than a scapegoat. i'm not saying this Goodson guy isn't guilty, but I have a feeling he's going to be the hardest hit when the smoke clears. but who cares. black, white, red, or brown, dirty cops need to be taken down.
What about your black co-workers? They get a pass?

Old 05-02-2015, 09:01 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,633,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What about your black co-workers? They get a pass?
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking..

Old 05-02-2015, 10:35 AM

7,626 posts, read 14,002,822 times
Until PEOPLE of all color start thinking of themselves as the member of ONE race....HUMAN, there will remain those that favor/hate those of their own/another race.

On reason I have appreciated growing up in and raising our kids as a "military brat". Life in the military is such a wonderful place to raise your kids, you work alongside and live with each other with a LOT less racial tension than we see in the general population.

We adopted foreign born children, and taught them to tell anyone who asked what they were to answer "American".

Old 05-02-2015, 10:39 AM

1,077 posts, read 650,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Until PEOPLE of all color start thinking of themselves as the member of ONE race....HUMAN, there will remain those that favor/hate those of their own/another race.

On reason I have appreciated growing up in and raising our kids as a "military brat". Life in the military is such a wonderful place to raise your kids, you work alongside and live with each other with a LOT less racial tension than we see in the general population.

We adopted foreign born children, and taught them to tell anyone who asked what they were to answer "American".
BBM

we all bleed the same color.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:41 AM

13,266 posts, read 10,004,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post

One of my business partners (white) uses that term all the time. And its true.

FYI, if you weren't pushing race or a 'certain' narrative during the protests you weren't getting any air time or even worse were getting blacked out.

BlackLivesMatter was a front. #TheMovement, was and still is all inclusive and united.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:16 PM

11,973 posts, read 6,588,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten_Moon View Post
I wonder if the Fox crowd will still support the officers now that they know three of them were black.
What an ignorant statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or