U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 11:42 AM

4,239 posts, read 3,310,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
He can tell his family everything he wants, doesn't mean he didn't do something wrong.

It also does not matter that he is black. What is most important is that he is blue. It's well documented that minority officers are just as bad as white officers. A crooked cop's a crooked cop.

As Charlie would say - "you're all crooked!"

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enh...4592549-21.gif
Well, at least the sharpton crowd can't start flaming the race war fire with this one.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 11:54 AM

1,077 posts, read 649,339 times
I don't believe this case was ever about race as it is about police brutality and not following SOP.

Seems some are stuck on race which to me tells me lots.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:43 PM

10,225 posts, read 4,113,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amythyst View Post
i don't believe this case was ever about race as it is about police brutality and not following sop.

bingo!

Old 05-02-2015, 06:09 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,084,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I realize there are two sides to every story, and this will all come out at their trials.

Don
Will that make a difference? George Zimmerman was acquitted, but plenty of people (even still some on this forum) are calling him a murderer.

What difference do facts make, when you have hordes of uninformed people passing judgement?

Old 05-02-2015, 06:34 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,305 posts, read 11,806,286 times
The strange thing about this is that they seem to have slapped the biggest charges on the least blameworthy cop - the guy driving the van who was recorded as asking that the prisoner get belted in.

Still, it bothers me that Freddie would have had his neck snapped by a police van that was travelling in city traffic ...... there's a limit to how rough a ride could be made without drawing a lot of attention. And one ER trauma doctor has said that it's not easy to break a neck at that point, it would take a large amount of force.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:03 PM

601 posts, read 355,818 times
There is a chance that this guy turns on the other cops. He has the most charges and wants to retire soon.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:47 PM

4,903 posts, read 2,767,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
I don't believe this case was ever about race as it is about police brutality and not following SOP.

I doubt there would have been rioting in the streets and business looted and burned had it been a white or Hispanic person who was treated this way.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:22 AM

14,271 posts, read 15,235,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I doubt there would have been rioting in the streets and business looted and burned had it been a white or Hispanic person who was treated this way.
You're right. There's a long list of them too.

Most of us remember when Kelly Thomas, a White man, was beaten to death a few years ago in California. He was White. The beating was caught on video but the cops got off because the victim was mentally ill.

A White man, John Loxas, answered the door to his Phoenix AZ home while holding his 7 month old grandson in his arms. The police were responding to a complaint by a neighbor. The cop put a rifle to his head and pulled the trigger. He died instantly. No weapon was ever found. The police officer was given a monthly pension of $4,500 and asked to retire early.

In February, a man from India who was visiting his family in Alabama was seriously injured by police officers and he was simply taking a walk. A neighbor thought he looked suspicious, called the cops and they slammed his face into the sidewalk. The man is still partially paralyzed.

Although there were some peaceful protests in Salt Lake City, did the national news cover the shooting of Dillon Taylor 8 months ago? He was told to halt by police after walking out of a 7-Eleven with 2 friends. The other 2 put up their hands, but Dillon was listening to music with headphones and didn't hear them so he was shot to death. As far as I know, he wasn't doing anything wrong. He was only 20.

Last edited by justNancy; 05-03-2015 at 01:37 AM.. Reason: fix spelling

Old 05-03-2015, 10:24 PM

3,029 posts, read 2,027,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What about your black co-workers? They get a pass?
not if they are doing dirt.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:27 PM

3,029 posts, read 2,027,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What an ignorant statement.
not really, it's the same as asking #freddiegray supporters if they still care, because some of the cops are black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or