U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 09:15 AM

9,871 posts, read 8,024,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Back in the 70s many big cities elected black mayors, councilmen, school board members, etc. The idea was that with an ALL black government education would eventually improve and that the inner city folks would get out of the hole.

It did not happen: Having a black government did not help the poor because those in charge were lining their pockets as politicians of all colors do. For example mayor Marion Barry hire one of his concubines to teach inner city girls how to do their fingernails and gave her a juicy government contract. MArion Barry was a crack head and is still a legend among DC voters and was known as "mayor for life".

Obama won and black folks are no better. It seems Bill Clinton was more black than Obama.

How can the inner city folks be helped? I see a devastating situation with no real solution.

I think in the end this is all about FAMILY. Those folks with great families do well regardless of skin color. There is no FAMILY in the inner city.

Toya Graham the woman that beat up her son after she caught him rioting has been called "mother of the year". Really? If her son was rioting she obviously failed as a parent. Toya is an unwed mother with six kids and I suspect her kids will not get out of the hole. They will be Baltimore inner city kids destined to fail.

So what can be done?

Great kids often have a good FAMILY with great parents. How can we give a good FAMILY to the inner city kids? Forget the adults, there are goners!
Yah, she didn't beat him enough.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 09:17 AM

9,871 posts, read 8,024,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
President Bush had 2 daughters........no son
President Obama had 2 daughters ...no son

President Obama injected his nose in the Trayvon Martin case by claiming the young black thug as his hypothetical son

President Bush .......never did, never would have........stuck his nose into a case involving a white thug and claimed him as his hypothetical son.

But, Barack HUSSEIN Obama's goal is to further divide our nation along racial lines.
That goal he has accomplished !
By being an Uncle Tom?

Old 05-03-2015, 09:24 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,108,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The problem of single motherhood causes economic distress along all of society, not just in the black "families". It is caused, more often than not, by the lack of wealth in the first place. If you are a poor woman, you might not be able to get birth control pills. If you are a man, no matter how much money you have, you know that using a condom kills the enjoyment of sex. If you don't have anything to lose($), what difference does it make if you get a woman pregnant?

Unwed motherhood has, unfortunately, lost its negativity in society. That will have to change before the problem will ever be changed. There has to be more negative consequences that transcend poverty for the results. It's easy to determine which women are getting pregnant without the means to raise the kids on their own. It is technologically possible to determine who the father is, although it might mean putting together a database of DNA for everyone. Then a plan to punish those that repeatedly ignore the new social 'norm" has to be devised. Maybe after the second or third out-of-wedlock child is born, and the children are taken away, the mothers and fathers can be shipped off to a new Siberia that has walls, since mobility might allow people who haven't learned their lesson to come back into the same society that ostracized them in the first place. I would much rather be seeing my taxes go to raising these kids outside of the influence of the biological parents that are doomed to perpetuate the problem. If one of the biological parents can pay for the upbringing of the child, then they would both be exempt. Otherwise they both get shipped off.

This might seem like a drastic solution, but the problem is not getting better with anything else that has been attempted so far. We have to get over this political correctness that allows these societal problems to fester.

Now, I ask everyone reading this post to this point to go back and read it again, and pay attention to the fact that I make no mention of race after the first sentence. This would have to apply to every person.
Bolded part = ignoring the problem...... which again, hasn't helped. If it was truly about poor vs. wealth, then what about those poor white people in Appalachia (mentioned earlier in this thread). That area has almost no crime and some of the poorest people in the country who are white. I do agree that single motherhood does make many situations worse, but then you'd have to ask yourself, why are so many black families raised by single mothers with often no father in the picture. What makes them so much more prone to keep reproducing without consequence, often with multiple "baby daddies". To keep pretending it's an economic problem isn't solving it and won't solve it. We've been throwing money at that for decades and it's only become worse.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:33 AM

5,834 posts, read 3,775,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Bolded part = ignoring the problem...... which again, hasn't helped. If it was truly about poor vs. wealth, then what about those poor white people in Appalachia (mentioned earlier in this thread). That area has almost no crime and some of the poorest people in the country who are white. I do agree that single motherhood does make many situations worse, but then you'd have to ask yourself, why are so many black families raised by single mothers with often no father in the picture. What makes them so much more prone to keep reproducing without consequence, often with multiple "baby daddies". To keep pretending it's an economic problem isn't solving it and won't solve it. We've been throwing money at that for decades and it's only become worse.
If they continue to have kids at the expense of society(welfare etc.) then they would have the same outcome. Why not? Why should society have to pay the freight for people thumbing their nose at society's norms?

Let me add to my solution that, it would only be applied to people that as of right now who are 10 years old or less at the time the solution would be implemented. It took a while to get to this point and it will take a while to make the necessary changes to fix it.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:24 AM

601 posts, read 722,167 times
Average IQ's of the races vary. The source of the problem is the low average IQ in Baltimore, sad to say. Impossible problem to correct. Change the channel if it upsets you to watch.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:44 PM

3,107 posts, read 2,225,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You need to read up on what affirmative action is before you make blatantly false statements such as that:

"First, only businesses who also happen to be federal contractors have any obligations to implement “affirmative action” programs. Businesses that provide goods or services to the federal government in the amount of $50,000 or more, and who have 50 or more employees"

"Whether you are a federal contractor or not, affirmative action does not mean preferences or quotas. Period."

"However, at no point, ever, is the employer permitted to use race or gender as a deciding factor in hiring an employee and must consistently hire the most qualified candidate. To hire a less-qualified person due to race or gender would violate the other federal discrimination laws."

"In closing, the law simply abhors preferences, quotas and hiring less-qualified individuals. There is no real “affirmative action” (as that term is commonly known) under the law for hiring, or promotions. Always remember -- discrimination of any form is discrimination – in favor of or against any one group"

Labor Law: Affirmative action and employers - Richmond.com: Learning Center

Do you feel foolish yet? If not you should
You seem to have missed the part where I explicitly said "and fear of court action." Virtually every corporation has "diversity" programs now which basically amount to giving blacks positions they don't deserve. Almost all of us who work in private industry have worked for what used to be called a "token." Someone else always does his or her work, and at best he/she is a harmless mascot. At worse, they actively screw things up because they don't know that they are only there to prevent a law suit.

So no, I don't feel the least bit foolish.

Affirmative action, by the way, is a hell of an advantage that many would love to have, and yes, it is a quota. It is nothing but a quota. It is conceived and implemented as a quota. There is an active cognitive dissonance going on to where we have these quota's but swear up and down that they are not quota's. Most of us do not share in that cognitive dissonance and call it like it is. Rally only those who benefit from the quota and their rich white gentry enablers cannot face the reality of it.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:52 PM

27,294 posts, read 11,408,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
You seem to have missed the part where I explicitly said "and fear of court action." Virtually every corporation has "diversity" programs now which basically amount to giving blacks positions they don't deserve. Almost all of us who work in private industry have worked for what used to be called a "token." Someone else always does his or her work, and at best he/she is a harmless mascot. At worse, they actively screw things up because they don't know that they are only there to prevent a law suit.

So no, I don't feel the least bit foolish.

Affirmative action, by the way, is a hell of an advantage that many would love to have, and yes, it is a quota. It is nothing but a quota. It is conceived and implemented as a quota. There is an active cognitive dissonance going on to where we have these quota's but swear up and down that they are not quota's. Most of us do not share in that cognitive dissonance and call it like it is. Rally only those who benefit from the quota and their rich white gentry enablers cannot face the reality of it.
That (bolded text) is absolutely against the law, if you have witnessed it, why haven't you complained about it? I would have...You are never allowed to hire a lesser qualified applicant because of their race or ethnicity, I posted the laws on the matter, did you read it?

Old 05-03-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
Average IQ's of the races vary. The source of the problem is the low average IQ in Baltimore, sad to say. Impossible problem to correct. Change the channel if it upsets you to watch.
have some backup for that? Let's see some studies that lend some credibility to that claim

Old 05-03-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
And that will help solve the problems how? I would imagine many races may have a little of this and that here and there, but nit picking these things are doing a darn thing to help or change the problems with blacks in the US. You can stick your head in the sand and pretend it's something else and the problems will continue for decades more as they already have.
"something else" something else other than what, something other than the claim folks are making on this thread that blacks are somehow inferior to whites? Because that is in fact what a number of people in this thread are saying.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:02 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,108,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
have some backup for that? Let's see some studies that lend some credibility to that claim
Have you lived under a rock? Study after study has shown this but it's taboo to discuss in society since it's comes off as "racist". Google it for yourself and do some reading.

I remember even hearing of a study about brain size in correlation to IQ and race. There was a slight difference in the brain sizes, Asians were the largest, white anglo saxon was second, Hispanic (latinos) was third.......... and guess what race had the smallest brain? I'll give you one hint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events