U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 09:21 PM

21,018 posts, read 11,648,200 times

Advertisements

Celebrity gossip/news is never going to stop. And as far as celebrities go, at least William and Kate use their public status for positive things. I'd much rather read news about them than the latest happenings of the Kardashians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 09:37 PM

121 posts, read 79,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Do you want to get it, or is your only goal to ridicule those who are interested?
I am truly curious, is it along the lines of the Kardashian obsession in the US?

Old 05-02-2015, 09:40 PM

44,428 posts, read 35,894,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclover View Post
I am truly curious, is it along the lines of the Kardashian obsession in the US?
I wouldn't know - this American has never watched a single episode of the Kardashians and couldn't care less about them. But I do enjoy reading about the royal family, because I like British history, and because I think that Kate and William are good role models for young families today. Unlike the Kardashians, who disgust me.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:41 PM

17,087 posts, read 9,807,631 times
Quote:
Two reasons:

1) It's a pleasant diversion from the constant barrage of violence, death, & destruction on my local news.

2) My husband grew up in England.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I wouldn't know - this American has never watched a single episode of the Kardashians and couldn't care less about them. But I do enjoy reading about the royal family, because I like British history, and because I think that Kate and William are good role models for young families today. Unlike the Kardashians, who disgust me.
I made the comparison because they are both famous for being famous. I don't know the actions of either family.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Two reasons:

1) It's a pleasant diversion from the constant barrage of violence, death, & destruction on my local news.

2) My husband grew up in England.
Fair enough.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:58 PM

21,698 posts, read 23,587,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I know. It's hilarious! Let me go post on all the threads I have no interest in....

It's like when people are stuffing their face and complaining about the food. "This food is bad...gnaw,gnaw,gnaw. Is there any more?"
Or people when people complain about the TV shows they don't like. Why are they watching them?

Back on topic, this is a current event so I think it belongs here. There is no rule that says all current events talked about on this forum have to be disastrous. It's nice to hear good news for a change, the baby is healthy, everyone is happy so congratulations William and Kate.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:00 PM

35,121 posts, read 40,023,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Princess Kate has given birth to a daughter.

Royal Baby Live Updates & Coverage

I believe Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge has given birth.
Just like so many other women in the world.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:04 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,811,844 times
Quote:
Why does anyone care about the royal family? I seriously don't get it.
Same could be asked about boxing ... I seriously don't get it.
Or The Avengers ... I seriously don't get it.

Or pick anything else that you might be interested in ... Guaranteed there are some who seriously don't get it.

It's called different strokes for different folks.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:14 PM

163 posts, read 94,012 times
I heard the new baby might be named Katherine and have Diana's middle name (I forget what that was) as part of her name. I also heard it's likely the child will not have Diana in her name. Thanks to that poster for posting that picture of the baby. It's pretty lucky that they now have a girl after having a boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events