U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 08:54 AM

163 posts, read 86,832 times

Advertisements

And when do we get to learn the baby's new name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 09:00 AM

244 posts, read 181,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post

I got married just two weeks before Diana and Charles. Shortly after I got back from my own honeymoon, I got up at dawn to watch the royal wedding. I'd always hoped I'd see the day when Diana was Queen of England. Well, Kate will be a beautiful queen someday.
In my opinion, Diana was photogenic in a way few have been before and no one has been since. I could look at pics of her all day -- or at least in between donation runs to the food bank, pounding nails for Habitat for Humanity and jetting off to Nepal to assist in search and recovery. However, I think she was no more suited to the throne than Katherine Howard centuries before her; perhaps even less so because of what appears to have been a host of psychological problems and even full-blown mental illness. Diana had a tremendous heart, but few coping skills and little support and, yes, the fact that Prince Charles didn't love her or even enjoy her presence much only made matters worse. I can't believe she's been gone nearly 20 years already.

As for this thread's existence in current events, why the heck not? The birth of a future king or queen will always be news and it's a nice break from the massive White Folks Pontificating on the Black Experience circle-jerk dominating the rest of the forum.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:10 AM

4,043 posts, read 1,806,529 times
I understand British history, the whole lineage of kings and queens, royalty, fiefdoms etc. But none of it has any bearing on present day British government. The whole royal family is a black hole sucking up money better spent in other ways. What a scam they got going.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:20 AM

12,974 posts, read 24,032,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calculator View Post
When it's announced.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:50 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,146,280 times
With Prince George I believe it was two days after he was born.

Quote:

Old 05-03-2015, 09:51 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,146,280 times
More proof that anti-monarchists have absolutely no understanding of English law and history...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I understand British history, the whole lineage of kings and queens, royalty, fiefdoms etc. But none of it has any bearing on present day British government. The whole royal family is a black hole sucking up money better spent in other ways. What a scam they got going.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:01 AM

15,676 posts, read 8,769,434 times
Quote:
When they have confirmed ownership of all possible URLs containing permutations of the baby's name.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:26 AM

9,353 posts, read 8,747,711 times
I'd heard previously that William and Kate may name a daughter after Diana; however, if they do, it seems as though it should be the middle name. I don't think their daughter should have so many people constantly thinking of her grandmother every time they hear her name. She needs her own identity.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:33 AM

1,077 posts, read 650,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
With Prince George I believe it was two days after he was born.

Yes and I read that the baby's name is revealed after the Queen sees/meets her new great grandchild.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for this Princess' name.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:43 AM

9,159 posts, read 6,344,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I could say the same thing about any number of events that many people find interesting - the World Cup, the NFL draft, who won the Nobel peace prize, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, lunar eclipses, the latest cell gaming system, Game of Thrones, who shot JFK, Pat McCrory, you name it.

Apparently you're interested enough to click on the thread, read it, and comment. If you were truly uninterested, you wouldn't have bothered. Of course, I realize that some people get their jollies by ridiculing others, but that's pretty sad when you think about it.
IMO it's nice to hear some happy news for a change. I wish them all well too, and I can't help thinking how happy and proud Princess Diana would be of her son and his family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events