Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 01:31 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,688,785 times

Advertisements

I dont understand why people follow Kate and the royal family.. makes no difference to me. Im glad they had a successful birth, but Its not anything I follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 01:31 PM

1,077 posts, read 870,912 times
LMAO

Yet, here you are.

Old 05-02-2015, 01:37 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,383,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
LMAO

Yet, here you are.
I know. It's hilarious! Let me go post on all the threads I have no interest in....

It's like when people are stuffing their face and complaining about the food. "This food is bad...gnaw,gnaw,gnaw. Is there any more?"

Old 05-02-2015, 01:55 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,522,638 times
Hate to be a rumour monger but it really truly seemed to me that Kate was holding a doll. I can understand why this would be done, but I'm certain that all those photographs taken with mega-zoom lenses will show the baby to be real.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:01 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,522,638 times
I could go into a lengthy explanation concerning myself but it would probably be a bit boring. In short I don't idolize people nor really follow, but I understand the historical and traditional significance of the Royal Family and how they are instrumental to the formation of the modern world and continuity of our western civilization -- even outside of the UK and the Commonwealth. Their coronations, births, marriages, and deaths are an affirmation of the prosperity of our way of life in the face of many negative forces that seek to destroy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
I dont understand why people follow Kate and the royal family.. makes no difference to me. Im glad they had a successful birth, but Its not anything I follow.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:09 PM

1,077 posts, read 870,912 times
The second royal baby was born at 8:34 a.m. (3:34 ET) at the Lindo Wing of St. Mary's hospital after Middleton was admitted to the hospital at 6:00 a.m. (1 a.m. ET), Kensington Palace first announced via Twitter.
The baby weighs 8lbs 3 oz.
The Duke of Cambridge was present for the birth, Kensington Palace said, and the both Middleton and her baby girl are "doing well."
The baby will be the fourth in line to the throne and ranks behind father Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, grandfather Charles, Prince of Wales, and brother Prince George, Prince of Cambridge.

The official birth announcement was just posted on an easel outside of Buckingham Palace.
Here's the official birth announcement outside of Buckingham Palace

Old 05-02-2015, 02:10 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
And so why are you griping on an insignificant message board rather than helping the people of Nepal yourself?

When you woke up this morning there were still billions of starving people in the world, nevertheless you have the gall to eat and drink and do routine things throughout the day rather than worry about that...
LOL! Exactly.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:59 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,267,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Naming the child after a reigning monarch? I'll believe it when I see it.
George's full name contains a nod to the Queen. His second name, Alexander, is the masculine form of Queen Elizabeth's second name, Alexandra. I guess they had trouble coming up with a masculine form of Elizabeth.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:00 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,267,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Hate to be a rumour monger but it really truly seemed to me that Kate was holding a doll. I can understand why this would be done, but I'm certain that all those photographs taken with mega-zoom lenses will show the baby to be real.
There's a close-up in post #25 ... that's definitely a real baby.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:16 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
FYI. In about 2 hours I'm going to drop off a case of canned Tuna at the LDS food bank. They're having a clothing and food drive for the quake victims. My daughter has some childrens jackets and jump suits that the grandson has grown out of all washed and ready to go. He'll be with us. She wants to teach him about giving to others.

I can't do much else but I'm not going to waste time following the wall to wall garbage about the new princess.

There are more important things going on in the world. Just sayin'.
Then stop following the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events