U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 07:06 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,494,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Good lord, you criminal apologist people who believe that everybody who's not rushing to blame 6 (at this point innocent) cops for murder throw all common sense,critical thinking AND the legal premise of "innocent until proven guilty" out the window just to promote your agenda...

Let me ask this, if all of Freddie's arrests don't mean squat because he was not convicted, which has been said here many,many times then how exactly are the cops guilty because they were charged and not (yet) convicted?
Is the benefit of the doubt only given to those without a badge and no prior arrests?
I don't understand your logic here. There was no "Innocent till proven Guilty" for Freddy. He just arrested and detained for nothing. Major Civil Rights violation. The Civil Rights Violations where also Criminal and lead to his Death. You can't complain about "Innocent till Proven Guilty" because the Cops thought it did not apply to their "Agenda", so why should we think it applies to them.

Freddy's previous record has no part in this Case, since he is the Victim and not on trial here. We have enough evidence already to know that the Cops are guilty, but not sure as to the degree yet, from the charges presented. They can't change the fact that they killed him, and/or let him die. If you think they will be set free, you need to think again.

All the Police Unions in the Nation can't help these folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 07:14 PM

22,947 posts, read 21,479,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
What agenda? And how am I throwing common sense and critical thinking to the wind? I'm not the one trying to blame heroin and weed for a severed spine and crushed throat. You clearly have an agenda of blaming the victim. All evidence points at the officers but you decided to ignore evidence and shut your brain off just to side with the cops. It has nothing to do with "innocence until proven guilty" and everything to do with common decency and critical thinking.

Freddie Gray's arrests don't mean squat because he wasn't killed by his rap sheet, he was killed by the police, be it through a failure to follow proper procedure or through sheer malice. He's dead because of what the police did to him and at every stage of these events the police did everything wrong. They arrested him without cause, they gave him a "rough ride" to abuse him, they ignored his pleas for help and screams of agony, and they falsified reports to cover up their crimes. You cannot argue against these points because this is what the evidence shows. Until there's new evidence that shows otherwise you're just spinning yarns and making excuses for bad cops.
Actually, I didn't blame anyone as nobody knows exactly what happened at this point. I did raise the issue that there are cops who've reported that the prelim tox report showed Freddie to have Heroin and Pot in his system which in my opinion, logically thinking (I'm NOT a doctor) could have led to his demise for various reasons.

As for "all evidence points at the officers" well, which officer exactly and what did that officer do to cause his demise? Who exactly broke his neck and how was it done? Who "crushed his windpipe" and how was that done? When exactly did he die?

Ahhh, don't know any of that do any of you? I know I don't.
Thing is, nobody on here does and won't until discovery occurs or trial if there's a gag order.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:17 PM

22,947 posts, read 21,479,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I don't understand your logic here. There was no "Innocent till proven Guilty" for Freddy. He just arrested and detained for nothing. Major Civil Rights violation. The Civil Rights Violations where also Criminal and lead to his Death. You can't complain about "Innocent till Proven Guilty" because the Cops thought it did not apply to their "Agenda", so why should we think it applies to them.

Freddy's previous record has no part in this Case, since he is the Victim and not on trial here. We have enough evidence already to know that the Cops are guilty, but not sure as to the degree yet, from the charges presented. They can't change the fact that they killed him, and/or let him die. If you think they will be set free, you need to think again.

All the Police Unions in the Nation can't help these folks.
You don't know that for certain, you,like everyone else is just going off what was said by the S.A. which is NOT proven as of yet, it's no more than a theory at this point.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:23 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,870,112 times
I guess the medical examiner's finding just don't mean squat to some people.

The irony is strong in this one.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:28 PM

15,170 posts, read 15,210,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
So heroin and pot would make his spinal cord herniate and his voice box crush itself??? What like when the alien creature comes out from the inside out??? WOW?! That's freaky. You're right, the cops are home free.

OH HAPPY DAY!

Nope, but it would make him feel a LOT less pain when he is injuring himself.

Watch some episodes of Cops, people in custody try to injure themselves all the time. Not saying that is what happened to Mr. Gray.......but it is a possibility!

Old 05-03-2015, 09:13 PM

3,196 posts, read 2,353,016 times
Quote:
Actually, I didn't blame anyone as nobody knows exactly what happened at this point. I did raise the issue that there are cops who've reported that the prelim tox report showed Freddie to have Heroin and Pot in his system which in my opinion, logically thinking (I'm NOT a doctor) could have led to his demise for various reasons.
That's not logical at all. It's stupid. The cops didn't strap him in and the only way he could have had his spine severed the way it was is by being slammed into a bolt at very high velocity. Heroin and weed don't factor into that at all. You don't get to play the logic card because your thought process is so entirely flawed and biased.

Quote:
As for "all evidence points at the officers" well, which officer exactly and what did that officer do to cause his demise? Who exactly broke his neck and how was it done? Who "crushed his windpipe" and how was that done? When exactly did he die?
Ahhh, don't know any of that do any of you? I know I don't.
Thing is, nobody on here does and won't until discovery occurs or trial if there's a gag order.
We know who has been charged with what and what happened to Freddie Gray. And guess what? This isn't a court of law. Those thugs get no due process here. They killed Freddie Gray and none of your mental gymnastics will change that.
Your bigotry is showing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

Watch some episodes of Cops, people in custody try to injure themselves all the time. Not saying that is what happened to Mr. Gray.......but it is a possibility!
Why don't you do a little research before spewing nonsense. He didn't injure himself. Those reports were false and his wounds are entirely inconsistent with self-harm. The medical examiner ruled his death a homicide for a reason.

Last edited by MordinSolus; 05-03-2015 at 09:40 PM..

Old 05-03-2015, 09:25 PM

27,182 posts, read 11,359,293 times
Quote:

I think that (in bold) is the problem with some of you folks, you watch too much TV

Old 05-03-2015, 10:41 PM

511 posts, read 360,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
You know what would've prevented all of this? If he had lived like a law abiding citizen like the majority of people.

let me fix this ^^

You know what would've prevented all of this? If the Cops had lived like law abiding citizens like the majority of people

Last edited by MrsApt; 05-03-2015 at 10:50 PM..

Old 05-03-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
You don't know that for certain, you,like everyone else is just going off what was said by the S.A. which is NOT proven as of yet, it's no more than a theory at this point.

You and I both know that the evidence that has already been submitted is enough to get them Jail time, even if they don't have anything else. Its more than "Theory" to say he was wrongly arrested, and held, and was alive. He died while they had him illegally. That's facts. I see Jail time coming.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. It applies to Cops too. A good "Wake Up" call to all Police who bend the rules, and think they are beyond the Law.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
No its not. Not even a remote Possibility.

He had no business being in the van in the first place. It was an illegal arrest and detention. In plain language, they basically kidnapped him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or