U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-02-2015, 09:41 AM
 
625 posts, read 440,302 times
Reputation: 1727

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
You know what would've prevented all of this? If he had lived like a law abiding citizen like the majority of people.
What was he doing exactly that justified (1) the police stop & (2) roughing him up & (3) losing his life with a severed spinal cord????

What would have prevented this is proper police procedure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-02-2015, 09:46 AM
 
7,325 posts, read 3,754,340 times
Reputation: 9073
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
And the back story

He didn't want to get murdered by thugs in his community for his earlier statement so he backpeddled... let's not make CD assumptions... OK? I an quite sure any statement he made has been tape recorded and submitted with the investigation package...
Seriously, whose making the assumptions? No one knew his name until he came forward, after he got out of jail.

If his alleged original statement was true, then surely that would have stopped the subsequent charges of six police officers cold.

Those aren't assumptions, those are facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 09:46 AM
 
9,392 posts, read 8,453,435 times
Reputation: 5546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Excuse me?

Where have I indicated I know what happened before anyone else does?

I responded to the OP where they claim other anonymous officers blames the victim for what happened to him. I am entitled to my own opinions or beliefs like anyone else here.

That was my response.

So being insulting isn't the way to go.
to me this is just another criminal off the streets. As for the behavior of the police regarding proper protocol that matter needs to be looked at and I think its good they are. I'm gonna wait for the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 09:50 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 649,970 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
to me this is just another criminal off the streets. As for the behavior of the police regarding proper protocol that matter needs to be looked at and I think its good they are. I'm gonna wait for the facts.


but as you wait for the facts will you also keep offering opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Los Awesome, CA
8,520 posts, read 4,743,415 times
Reputation: 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So last night a couple of interviews with Baltimore Cops who wished to remain anonymous give some inside information to that arrest and condition of Freddie Gray.
If these statements are proven to be true the cops that are now going to trial will most likely be criminally vindicated.
From one cop: The toxicology report shows Freddie had Heroine and Pot in his system when arrested. This is important given what is now being said about the reason Freddie was arrested which was that officers saw him doing a suspected drug deal (exchanging a small package for cash) in an area known for drug sales and when they went to confront both Freddie and the buyer they both ran in different directions.
When Freddie was caught he didn't have any drugs on him (surprise,surprise) so they listed other reasons for probable cause.
The officer went on to say that in that area when drug dealers are confronted they either run and toss the drugs or swallow the drugs.
Now if you look back to what Freddie (alleged) was found to have in his system at the time that lends credence to the idea he ate his own drugs to avoid a drug arrest and this alone could have led to his death.

Hmmmm, plot thickens doesn't it????

Can't wait for them to release all the information...
The plot isn't thickening; the wheels in the head of a certain type of person is just working overtime in an attempt to undervalue a lost black life. We've seen white supremacy attempt to justify the unjustifiable time after time. It's not going to work this time...


###Blacklivesmatter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 11:20 AM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 9,997,043 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
And the back story

He didn't want to get murdered by thugs in his community for his earlier statement so he backpeddled... let's not make CD assumptions... OK? I an quite sure any statement he made has been tape recorded and submitted with the investigation package...
It's hard for me to believe proven liars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 11:41 AM
 
10,339 posts, read 7,601,322 times
Reputation: 4513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
I believe, sometimes, even law abiding citizens come under attack by a brutal police force, think Jonathan Ferrell from SC.
Freddie Gray was a law-abiding citizen at the time of the attack on him. The prosecutor has already stated that Gray had committed no crime and that his arrest was unlawful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 11:45 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
27,272 posts, read 15,053,470 times
Reputation: 20869
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So last night a couple of interviews with Baltimore Cops who wished to remain anonymous give some inside information to that arrest and condition of Freddie Gray.
If these statements are proven to be true the cops that are now going to trial will most likely be criminally vindicated.
From one cop: The toxicology report shows Freddie had Heroine and Pot in his system when arrested. This is important given what is now being said about the reason Freddie was arrested which was that officers saw him doing a suspected drug deal (exchanging a small package for cash) in an area known for drug sales and when they went to confront both Freddie and the buyer they both ran in different directions.
When Freddie was caught he didn't have any drugs on him (surprise,surprise) so they listed other reasons for probable cause.
The officer went on to say that in that area when drug dealers are confronted they either run and toss the drugs or swallow the drugs.
Now if you look back to what Freddie (alleged) was found to have in his system at the time that lends credence to the idea he ate his own drugs to avoid a drug arrest and this alone could have led to his death.

Hmmmm, plot thickens doesn't it????

Can't wait for them to release all the information...
What about ANY of this warranted the death penalty? A severed spinal cord?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
You know what would've prevented all of this? If he had lived like a law abiding citizen like the majority of people.
You know what else? If the people whose job it is to UPHOLD the law actually abided by the law themselves. Just follow the proper and legal procedures. Like most of us do in our jobs every day - even though we might not want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 11:47 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
27,272 posts, read 15,053,470 times
Reputation: 20869
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
to me this is just another criminal off the streets. As for the behavior of the police regarding proper protocol that matter needs to be looked at and I think its good they are. I'm gonna wait for the facts.
You're not waiting for the facts; your statement indicates you have already tried and convicted the deceased and are A-OK with his death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 01:18 PM
 
Location: la la land
27,230 posts, read 11,375,700 times
Reputation: 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabazz310 View Post
the plot isn't thickening; the wheels in the head of a certain type of person is just working overtime in an attempt to undervalue a lost black life. We've seen white supremacy attempt to justify the unjustifiable time after time. It's not going to work this time...


###blacklivesmatter
^ this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top