U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-02-2015, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
30,910 posts, read 13,475,609 times
Reputation: 22029

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
That's hilarious. So far, it has been a "switchblade, suicide, banging head for sympathy, spinal operation, and now dealing dope, and eating his dope. Stand by folks, Aliens and Obama are going to be inserted here some place. Seems that some Cops are getting pretty desperate at this point, and I can see why they should worry. I understand, from "anonymous" sources that these Cops are scared silly, and think they will go to jail since being caught. From one source: The Cops do this all the time, just don't get caught.

How's that? Those darned "Anonymous Sources" are just all over the place aren't they? Wonder why they change their stories every couple of days? Probably because they can't remember what lie they told before.

Why not hold your breath until this information is released. And yes, the "Plot" is thick, just don't step in it or you will need to scrape your shoes before entering the house.
^^^^THIS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-02-2015, 08:35 PM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 10,371,005 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Not true. No one can be compelled to provide witness testimony that incriminates them.

Nolo.com: Your Fifth Amendment Privilege Against Self-Incrimination
He would say that right


You are correct. You can plead the 5th and not answer questions. You also don't have to talk to Police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Canada
5,877 posts, read 2,369,959 times
Reputation: 5333
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
No.. if he was determined to be a witness and not a suspect ...which he isn't.. he can be compelled to give testimony or face contempt...and actually departmental sanction for not cooperating ... police officers are required by policy including internal investigations to make truthful statements.. which is an easy way to fire liars...

All of us as citizens can be compelled to testify as witnesses... there is no harm as there is being a suspect

Obama has already drawn himself in... his subjects didn't have to
Guess this post seals the deal..You have NO understanding of THE LAW!! SMH Which is rather a sad thing since you CLAIM to be a Officer of the Law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 08:46 PM
 
Location: Gods country
5,511 posts, read 4,319,596 times
Reputation: 7656
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So last night a couple of interviews with Baltimore Cops who wished to remain anonymous give some inside information to that arrest and condition of Freddie Gray.
If these statements are proven to be true the cops that are now going to trial will most likely be criminally vindicated.
From one cop: The toxicology report shows Freddie had Heroine and Pot in his system when arrested. This is important given what is now being said about the reason Freddie was arrested which was that officers saw him doing a suspected drug deal (exchanging a small package for cash) in an area known for drug sales and when they went to confront both Freddie and the buyer they both ran in different directions.
When Freddie was caught he didn't have any drugs on him (surprise,surprise) so they listed other reasons for probable cause.
The officer went on to say that in that area when drug dealers are confronted they either run and toss the drugs or swallow the drugs.
Now if you look back to what Freddie (alleged) was found to have in his system at the time that lends credence to the idea he ate his own drugs to avoid a drug arrest and this alone could have led to his death.

Hmmmm, plot thickens doesn't it????

Can't wait for them to release all the information...
Another thing that may have led to his death could be that FG was not in the best of health. He looked pretty skinny and frail in one picture that I saw of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 08:57 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
30,910 posts, read 13,475,609 times
Reputation: 22029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Another thing that may have led to his death could be that FG was not in the best of health. He looked pretty skinny and frail in one picture that I saw of him.
not only that, but he was black
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 08:59 PM
 
10,812 posts, read 8,029,154 times
Reputation: 17006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Guess this post seals the deal..You have NO understanding of THE LAW!! SMH Which is rather a sad thing since you CLAIM to be a Officer of the Law
Maybe he's one of those officers who can't tell the difference between a switchblade and a folding knife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 09:07 PM
 
Location: West Hollywood
3,190 posts, read 2,493,268 times
Reputation: 5262
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So last night a couple of interviews with Baltimore Cops who wished to remain anonymous give some inside information to that arrest and condition of Freddie Gray.
If these statements are proven to be true the cops that are now going to trial will most likely be criminally vindicated.
From one cop: The toxicology report shows Freddie had Heroine and Pot in his system when arrested. This is important given what is now being said about the reason Freddie was arrested which was that officers saw him doing a suspected drug deal (exchanging a small package for cash) in an area known for drug sales and when they went to confront both Freddie and the buyer they both ran in different directions.
When Freddie was caught he didn't have any drugs on him (surprise,surprise) so they listed other reasons for probable cause.
The officer went on to say that in that area when drug dealers are confronted they either run and toss the drugs or swallow the drugs.
Now if you look back to what Freddie (alleged) was found to have in his system at the time that lends credence to the idea he ate his own drugs to avoid a drug arrest and this alone could have led to his death.

Hmmmm, plot thickens doesn't it????

Can't wait for them to release all the information...
Good lord, you police apologists will throw all common sense and critical thinking out the window to blame victims, won't you? Heroin and weed don't sever people's spinal cords and crush their throats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,692,857 times
Reputation: 5617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Another thing that may have led to his death could be that FG was not in the best of health. He looked pretty skinny and frail in one picture that I saw of him.

That's possible. He was deprived of food and water for 28 days in 2012 when he was abducted by an Alien Mother Ship and probed. He claimed the Aliens where dark blue and moved around on two large wheels. Its also possible that's why he ran when he saw Officers in Blue Uniforms on Bicycles.

OK, Lets add this one to the list. He could have died from being too skinny and frail for his neck to hold his head upright, and it fell over severing his spine. Good One...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Canada
5,877 posts, read 2,369,959 times
Reputation: 5333
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Maybe he's one of those officers who can't tell the difference between a switchblade and a folding knife.
Ya think?? LOL Constant ignorance of the law has been spun for far too long..This final one for me..led me straight for Ignore Button Will only have to read IF some quote ..Have no interest nor expectations of meaningful nor enlightened thought process!! Yikes!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 09:20 PM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,410,816 times
Reputation: 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Guess this post seals the deal..You have NO understanding of THE LAW!! SMH Which is rather a sad thing since you CLAIM to be a Officer of the Law
Continue to be ignorant... do you claim otherwise?
Believe what you want... you might want to reread your internet legal advice or contact a real lawyer to represent you if you find yourself in such a situation....
How many times has such thinking with a booking skip attached occurred for you ?

My statement stands

If you are not a defendant or charged with a crime a subpoena can be issued and you are required to testify
In this case a BPD officer not related to the incident claimed to have spoken to officers involved after the fact. If his identity was discovered and subpoenaed this unrelated officer could be compelled to testify under subpoena to either bolster or impeach one or more of the charged officers post incident statements ... if he chose not to testify he could be held in contempt.There are many generalities in law and statements like always are troublesome and why lawyers argue.

If the da was smart she would already build her case negating any statements or information gleaned from the public interviews made by this officer

Internet lawyers hua... stick to marijuana cookies please... or if you claim to be an RN.. perscription drugs? There's no shortage of friends I imagine....

Thanks

Last edited by notmeofficer; 05-02-2015 at 09:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:36 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top