U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 08:54 AM

625 posts, read 469,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Maybe he's one of those officers who can't tell the difference between a switchblade and a folding knife.
I think a SPORK would be enough in some areas to get your picked up.

Sorry, I have to throw the BS flag on FR swallowing his own drugs, having a seizure so severe that he threw himself against the walls, severed his own spine and crushed his own voice box. As Dr. Phil would say, "that dog don't hunt"

I'm amazed that this is a black and white issue (race only) for so many people.

Criminals come in all colors. Depends on where you live. If you think otherwise, you're only kidding yourself. Stats prove this out. Yes, in some areas, black on black crime is higher. But the reality is more of a police out-of-control issue. Some police think/know they can beat, mace, tase, assault, shoot people in custody and they will likely walk. That's the concern.

Maybe they police are "only" abusing the rights of black citizens now, but it's a slippery slope until they'll be abusing everyone. Because to the police everyone arrested is guilty, a skell and a criminal. That's why they've run and are being arrested. Black cops & white cops are the same: they think BLUE, as in protecting each other.

I don't care if the police are black or white. Don't care if the citizen is black or white, Hispanic or somewhere in between. Everyone deserves fair treatment and safe treatment.

I know most police officers are good people doing a very difficult job under difficult circumstances. I respect them. However, those that are out of control and being allowed to abuse citizens must be stopped.

All citizens (skells included) have the right to feel safe in police custody. NO ONE deserves a death sentence in the hands of the police. That's why we have a justice system, flawed though it may be in some instances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 08:56 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,472,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Good lord, you police apologists will throw all common sense and critical thinking out the window to blame victims, won't you? Heroin and weed don't sever people's spinal cords and crush their throats.
Good lord, you criminal apologist people who believe that everybody who's not rushing to blame 6 (at this point innocent) cops for murder throw all common sense,critical thinking AND the legal premise of "innocent until proven guilty" out the window just to promote your agenda...

Let me ask this, if all of Freddie's arrests don't mean squat because he was not convicted, which has been said here many,many times then how exactly are the cops guilty because they were charged and not (yet) convicted?
Is the benefit of the doubt only given to those without a badge and no prior arrests?

Old 05-03-2015, 09:38 AM

18,254 posts, read 9,465,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
You know what would've prevented all of this? If he had lived like a law abiding citizen like the majority of people.
Chis Rocks #1 tip to avoid getting your ass kicked by the police...'obey the law'

Old 05-03-2015, 10:34 AM

44,444 posts, read 17,746,809 times
People are now arguing this isn't about race.

Yet almost every other post there claims it happened because of his race (Black race).

People say many things, but it's only their actions that matter.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:42 AM

5,877 posts, read 2,368,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You're joking right? Or, you decided to pick and choose? There were many instances where he was charged with the intent to distribute. The majority of the 'controlled dangerous substance' listings never elaborated on 'what' type of substance it was, only two listings report marijuana. One listing showed "intent to manufacture"--just guessing, but the substance that he was intending to manufacture was probably not pot (meth, or something similar, maybe?)

• March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance

• March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault

• January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing

• January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute

• December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute

• December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing

• January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana

• September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape

• April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation

• July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute

• March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute

• February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation

• August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana

• August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance

• July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)
Thank you for your very well put together post to remind me that my old eye's aren't working too well So I guess the one thing I did point out that he was never in possession of a firearm since 2007 @ age 17. was correct, right? Since I didn't find that in your correction points

Thanks again, I stand corrected in a very nice manner

Old 05-03-2015, 11:03 AM

5,877 posts, read 2,368,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Aside from the fact Rush himself is a drug addict who abused prescription drugs...yet that "white" collar crime doesn't seem to be considered a crime, as opposed to having relatively harmless pot in a black neighborhood is treated as a crime.
Yeah, It's a huge disconnect isn't it? I love the way all of Freddie's charging documents use terms like dangerous, malicious, distribute etc..But guys like Rush get terms like improper purchase, contrary to law, etc..You know, this poor guy did a boo boo...bail set at 25,000.00 But if some youth did same thing..it's 500,000.00 bail. Bottomline line is, It all depends on who you are and who you know. You come from a ghetto or poor area..BAMM Fullest extent of the law!!

Unfair treatments by LE, Judicial System, and politicians who have been promoting it since decades ago.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:51 AM

1,077 posts, read 683,358 times
Quote:

Police officers arrest Freddie Gray last month. He later died in police
custody.
The place where prosecutors say Freddie Gray was fatally injured – the back of a Baltimore police van – is “like a black
hole,” a former detective told the Daily News.

“Nobody can see what’s going on over there,” Joseph Crystal said Friday – and
that was apparently how cops liked it.

The department “has a history of covering up wrongdoing,” the 31-year-old
said.

Crystal was a detective in the BPD until Aug. 14 of last year, when he says he was hounded off the force for blowing the whistle on
police brutality

Crystal had the guts to tell Baltimore officials what he’d seen on Oct. 27,
2011, when a handcuffed drug suspect was taken out of a police van to the home
of an off-duty officer named Anthony Williams at Williams’ request.

Crystal later testified that Williams dragged the suspect, Antoine Green,
into the back of the house where he began beating him.
Freddie Gray death: Back of Baltimore police van ‘like a black hole,’ former detective says | New York News

This is a former Detective from Baltimore who had spoken out against the brutality he witnessed and was hounded off the force for blowing the whistle on that officer.

So, nothing new, this has probably gone on for ages. But that is one bold move to bring this handcuffed drug suspect to the home of an off duty officer.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:58 AM

13,384 posts, read 7,353,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Freddie Gray death: Back of Baltimore police van ‘like a black hole,’ former detective says | New York News

This is a former Detective from Baltimore who had spoken out against the brutality he witnessed and was hounded off the force for blowing the whistle on that officer.

So, nothing new, this has probably gone on for ages. But that is one bold move to bring this handcuffed drug suspect to the home of an off duty officer.
He makes a good point that there should be a camera in back of the police van. It is just common sense.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:00 PM

1,077 posts, read 683,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He makes a good point that there should be a camera in back of the police van. It is just common sense.
I just read on twitter the camera in the back of the paddy wagon was not in working order.

Lisa Bloom@LisaBloom · 7h7 hours ago
Baltimore Sun reports video camera in Freddie Gray police van was broken. In several of my excessive force cases cameras have been "broken."

Old 05-03-2015, 12:44 PM

13,384 posts, read 7,353,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
I just read on twitter the camera in the back of the paddy wagon was not in working order.

Lisa Bloom@LisaBloom · 7h7 hours ago
Baltimore Sun reports video camera in Freddie Gray police van was broken. In several of my excessive force cases cameras have been "broken."
That would lead to a doubt of there being a problem with misuse of the van. Keep in mind, I tend to err on the side of law enforcement but imo, the camera SHOULD always be in working order. That should be a priority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or