U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 03:51 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,199,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Baltimore Police unlawfully arrest man for carrying a perfectly legal knife, then kill him.

The useful idiots make all sorts of excuses to justify this behavior.

Baltimore Police who unlawfully killed man after unlawfully arresting him are themselves arrested.

The same useful idiots are outraged.

This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 11:17 AM

22,947 posts, read 21,562,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Do you think that those incidents and hundreds like them contribute to the build up of rage that has finally found recent expression? If Gray had died in isolation I feel quite certain that you would have never heard of him, but Gray's death didn't happen in isolation, it happened at the end of a long list over very recent deaths of citizens at the hands of police.
One problem, not all of the victims I used were black. So I ask again, why were there no riots over those people?

Here's where I'm going with this line of thought, I fully believe we're coming very close if not already in a police state where the ends justify the means.

Forfeiture of property charge or not,warrantless searches, no knock warrants,tech that can see inside houses without the knowledge of those inside and finally the militarization of our local P.D.'s etc. etc. etc.

Why is it time after time only one group riots and burns down their own neighborhood over the death of a "questionable" person instead of a mere baby,father,daughter,husband who've done not one damn thing wrong?

I'm at a loss as to the answer.

It may just be me but I would think that the situations I list and the hundreds more I haven't would be something to protest over and yet...

Old 05-09-2015, 11:36 AM

5,941 posts, read 2,510,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
One problem, not all of the victims I used were black. So I ask again, why were there no riots over those people?

Here's where I'm going with this line of thought, I fully believe we're coming very close if not already in a police state where the ends justify the means.

Forfeiture of property charge or not,warrantless searches, no knock warrants,tech that can see inside houses without the knowledge of those inside and finally the militarization of our local P.D.'s etc. etc. etc.

Why is it time after time only one group riots and burns down their own neighborhood over the death of a "questionable" person instead of a mere baby,father,daughter,husband who've done not one damn thing wrong?

I'm at a loss as to the answer.

It may just be me but I would think that the situations I list and the hundreds more I haven't would be something to protest over and yet...
The Police Apologists are the ones making the case for a Police State. If Police are not going to be accountable for any illegal actions or killing people, it is a Police State. If Police ignore the Law and make up their own Laws, there is no reason for the average Citizen to obey any law they choose not to obey.

Old 05-10-2015, 03:42 PM

22,947 posts, read 21,562,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
The Police Apologists are the ones making the case for a Police State. If Police are not going to be accountable for any illegal actions or killing people, it is a Police State. If Police ignore the Law and make up their own Laws, there is no reason for the average Citizen to obey any law they choose not to obey.
I agree with what you've said <bold> my contention is that we ought to wait for the cops to be at least convicted in a court before convicting/sentencing them (on here).

The other thing is there are many,many more police actions that are more egregious to protest over than Freddie's death, not that I mean his death is insignificant by any means but if compared to a baby,child,totally innocent person just sleeping in their house... Well, you get the idea.

Old 05-10-2015, 03:55 PM

2,887 posts, read 4,623,736 times
The DA WAYYY overcharged, most of the charges will be tossed out or reduced, as they should be.
Another bad guy off the streets, too bad the cops got caught up in comrade obama's plot to destroy America...

Old 05-10-2015, 06:50 PM

2,989 posts, read 1,549,883 times

Old 05-21-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
The DA WAYYY overcharged, most of the charges will be tossed out or reduced, as they should be.
Another bad guy off the streets, too bad the cops got caught up in comrade obama's plot to destroy America...

Seems charges where not "tossed out" and looks as one was reduced. Kind of takes care of a lot of theories that this would happen. Looks like the knife was not a switchblade either, since the charges of "False Arrest" stayed.

Still has to go to Court, but not a good start for the ones being charged to have the Grand Jury Indict on that many charges to start with.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:32 PM

5,339 posts, read 4,823,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Seems charges where not "tossed out" and looks as one was reduced. Kind of takes care of a lot of theories that this would happen. Looks like the knife was not a switchblade either, since the charges of "False Arrest" stayed.

Still has to go to Court, but not a good start for the ones being charged to have the Grand Jury Indict on that many charges to start with.
It appears that Mosby is backpedaling on the knife and claiming he was arrested before they found the knife.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:44 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,471,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Faux News Alert. Yeah, it must be because of the black cops, because anyone can see that those white cops clearly had nothing to do with it.

Regardless, if a black man is murdered by black cops, in a city with a black mayor, in a country with a black president, that is supposed to justify it? Your logic is hurting my brain.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It appears that Mosby is backpedaling on the knife and claiming he was arrested before they found the knife.

No, It appears that it was not a switchblade, since its the same charge as before. False Arrest. Same Charge as the original one.

If it was as you say, that would have been thrown out by the Grand Jury, since the only witness to that is dead, and the Cops claim they arrested him for the knife, so that kind of blows your theory out the window. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or