U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-21-2015, 08:51 PM
 
Location: 23.7 million to 162 million miles North of Venus
5,199 posts, read 4,775,644 times
Reputation: 4219

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
No, It appears that it was not a switchblade, since its the same charge as before. False Arrest. Same Charge as the original one.

If it was as you say, that would have been thrown out by the Grand Jury, since the only witness to that is dead, and the Cops claim they arrested him for the knife, so that kind of blows your theory out the window. .
Not my theory. I posted this link in the other current FG thread..see Page 7
http://s3.documentcloud.org/document...-motion-to.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2015, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry NC/Randolph NJ/Cape Coral FL
12,925 posts, read 24,048,548 times
Reputation: 10739
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Faux News Alert. Yeah, it must be because of the black cops, because anyone can see that those white cops clearly had nothing to do with it.

Regardless, if a black man is murdered by black cops, in a city with a black mayor, in a country with a black president, that is supposed to justify it? Your logic is hurting my brain. :smack:
By no means does it justify it, but it can't be blamed on racism unless one is really reaching to stir the pot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2015, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
3,150 posts, read 3,816,470 times
Reputation: 3893
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
  • Likens the investigation to Duke Lacrosse, when a student at Duke University falsely accused three lacrosse players of rape
Minor correction - she was a student at NC Central, not Duke.
Duke lacrosse case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2015, 09:09 AM
 
28,411 posts, read 14,121,326 times
Reputation: 19545
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Faux News Alert. Yeah, it must be because of the black cops, because anyone can see that those white cops clearly had nothing to do with it.

Regardless, if a black man is murdered by black cops, in a city with a black mayor, in a country with a black president, that is supposed to justify it? Your logic is hurting my brain.
You're brain must have already been hurt if you can't figure out the illustration was about the lack of racism and not justifying death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2015, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Future resident of heaven
163 posts, read 86,702 times
Reputation: 187
The police officers are free and out on bail until July, their next court date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2015, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,492,728 times
Reputation: 5609
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Not my theory. I posted this link in the other current FG thread..see Page 7
http://s3.documentcloud.org/document...-motion-to.pdf

Still did not see any "Back peddling" on the knife. It still is a "legal" knife, according to the article. Also, technically, the article is right. They did tackle, handcuff, and arrest him before they knew he had a knife of any kind, and that's illegal, but they could try getting around that by saying they searched him for their own safety to see if he was a danger. A Jury could buy that. If the knife is leagal, they have no defense for an illegal arrest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2015, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,492,728 times
Reputation: 5609
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
By no means does it justify it, but it can't be blamed on racism unless one is really reaching to stir the pot
Racial profiling maybe, but not "Racism." Has more to do with Criminal behavior on the part of the Police. It was made a "Racial Issue" by the people after the fact. It would not have mattered to these Police if he was Chinese, white, red, or pink. They would have still killed him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2015, 10:42 PM
 
Location: 23.7 million to 162 million miles North of Venus
5,199 posts, read 4,775,644 times
Reputation: 4219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Still did not see any "Back peddling" on the knife. It still is a "legal" knife, according to the article. Also, technically, the article is right. They did tackle, handcuff, and arrest him before they knew he had a knife of any kind, and that's illegal, but they could try getting around that by saying they searched him for their own safety to see if he was a danger. A Jury could buy that. If the knife is leagal, they have no defense for an illegal arrest.
It's a legal knife if they were in MD, but not in Baltimore, when they discovered the knife. If they were in Baltimore than it is not a legal knife. Were they outside of the Baltimore city limits at the time they found the knife?

Being placed in handcuffs does not automatically make it an arrest. Cops can cuff people to 'detain' them, for safety purposes (both theirs and the suspects), without it being an actual arrest while they investigate the situation. If they hadn't found the knife then, more than likely, they would have taken the cuffs off and let FG go on his way. So the question is--did the cops inform FG he was under arrest before they found the knife?

P.S. That is not an article, it is the court filed Response to the Motion that had been filed by the cops lawyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2015, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 2,492,728 times
Reputation: 5609
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It's a legal knife if they were in MD, but not in Baltimore, when they discovered the knife. If they were in Baltimore than it is not a legal knife. Were they outside of the Baltimore city limits at the time they found the knife?

Being placed in handcuffs does not automatically make it an arrest. Cops can cuff people to 'detain' them, for safety purposes (both theirs and the suspects), without it being an actual arrest while they investigate the situation. If they hadn't found the knife then, more than likely, they would have taken the cuffs off and let FG go on his way. So the question is--did the cops inform FG he was under arrest before they found the knife?

P.S. That is not an article, it is the court filed Response to the Motion that had been filed by the cops lawyers.
If you read the posting on another thread, about the knife, there was a link to the copy of the filing for disclosure by the Cops attorney. He said and maintained the knife was illegal in the "STATE" of Maryland, so he is not contesting it on "Baltimore's" Ordinances.

And that's a good question. Did they arrest him before or after. Does not really make a difference either way, since they where charged for Illegal Arrest. This charge is the least of their worries, and you can defend their actions till the cows come home, but the fact remains that these people screwed up "Big Time" by being lazy, not following what they where taught to do and required to do, not caring about human life, just plain incompetence. A life was lost, and they are directly responsible for this, and it brings consequences. They aren't going to get sent home free. Period...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2015, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Washington State
15,350 posts, read 8,020,336 times
Reputation: 13158
There was probably negligence involved but what they did was standard practice not to strap prisoners in until recently. It's unfortunate that they were negligent and the convict was probably very high and less able to control what happened resulting in his death. The response in Baltimore shows why there is white flight with good reason and why cops have to be careful and tough. Those cops probably need a slap on the wrist but politics is demanding they be convicted beyond the severity of their 'offenses.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top