U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 10:59 PM

16,367 posts, read 6,112,376 times

Advertisements

jazzarama
What do we agree on ? You think a prosecutor's indictment is proof of guilt; I don't"

It is proof that enough evidence was presented to their satisfaction to warrant a trial.

In the interim, at least one of the cops will, no doubt, talk for the sake of reduced charges for themselves. Just like all perps arrested en masse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 11:13 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,498,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
When Mosby offers you as her expert on switchblades ---.
Anyone who has ever had one can tell if its a switchblade. A Cop should be able to tell if its a "switchblade."

Your problem is that nothing supports your opinion in real life. The charges for illegal arrest where not dropped, even after the Grand Jury looked at the evidence. Everything stuck. Where are all those folks that where claiming the Grand Jury would kick out all these charges? Preparing Crow fritters? Face it, no one is going to "Walk" on this one, unless its for an hour a day in the main yard.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:51 AM

9,112 posts, read 4,533,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
jazzarama
What do we agree on ? You think a prosecutor's indictment is proof of guilt; I don't"

It is proof that enough evidence was presented to their satisfaction to warrant a trial.

In the interim, at least one of the cops will, no doubt, talk for the sake of reduced charges for themselves. Just like all perps arrested en masse.
I don't care about a grand jury decision. Getting indictments is like a sports team winning a game against an opponent that isn't allowed to play defense. Or like in the Eric Garner case, a prosecutor who maybe doesn't want to play offense.

As for Mosby bringing charges, what the heck was she supposed to do to stop the riots and further her political career.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:18 AM

16,367 posts, read 6,112,376 times
Mosby did her job, which was to bring charges the evidence warranted bringing, and the grand jury did the same. The resulting charges were very much the same as the original, further validating both decisions.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:55 AM

1,462 posts, read 942,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
You mean like some Vietnam vets... who kidnapped and tortured Cong... dropped napalm on innocent civilians .. lied about it.. got paid ..went on r and r.. retired and tell everyone their dd214 is honorable ... that kind of activity?

Blinded by hate colors the world.... completely
As usual your arguments lack for substance. I'm talking about Americans in their own country, where Freedom and Justice For All is supposed to prevail. Where there is a Constitution and a Bill of Rights, where there is the notion of innocent until proven guilty, due process, probable cause, etc.

You're trying to justify your actions by comparing them to wartime actions on the other side of the world! The Viet Cong had more integrity than police in the United States! They were fighting for their country. You're just waging war on Americans. Police should be labelled Domestic Terrorist!

Old 05-25-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Mosby did her job, which was to bring charges the evidence warranted bringing, and the grand jury did the same. The resulting charges were very much the same as the original, further validating both decisions.
Ok, if I tell you only what I believe and you end up agreeing with me, that validates both of us ? The cops might be guilty of a host of crimes, but Mosby saying so and a GJ deciding there's probable cause for a trial based on what she told them doesn't validate either of them.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Ok, The cops might be guilty of a host of crimes, but Mosby saying so and a GJ deciding there's probable cause for a trial based on what she told them doesn't validate either of them.
Your joking, right? You actually think a Grand Jury listens to the story a Prosecutor tells, and decides to indict or not to indict? That's comical.

The Grand Jury listens to the Prosecutions case, and all of its witnesses and looks at all the evidence the Prosecution has, then decides. They aren't just going on Mosby's story.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I don't care about a grand jury decision.

As for Mosby bringing charges, what the heck was she supposed to do to stop the riots and further her political career.
I bet the defendants care about the Grand Jury decision.....

Mosby did her job. That's what she was hired to do. Prosecute criminals. That's all the people wanted. She stood up to the Police Department, and the Police Union to right a wrong, and the Death of an innocent man to not go unpunished. I hope she keeps up the good work and roots out crime where ever it may be hiding, even if its hiding under the cover of color. A Badge is not a license to kill innocent people, mistake, blunder, not caring, or on purpose.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Your joking, right? You actually think a Grand Jury listens to the story a Prosecutor tells, and decides to indict or not to indict? That's comical.

The Grand Jury listens to the Prosecutions case, and all of its witnesses and looks at all the evidence the Prosecution has, then decides. They aren't just going on Mosby's story.
The prosecutor decides which witnesses to present to the GJ, which reports, what questions to ask.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I bet the defendants care about the Grand Jury decision.....

Mosby did her job. That's what she was hired to do. Prosecute criminals.
We'll know after the trials whether she prosecuted criminals or simply decided that was the best way to stop the riots and help her, hubby's, and the mayor's political careers. If the cops are convicted of a few lesser charges, not the murder 2 or manslaughter, she'll have some unhappy friends nipping at her heels.

I bet the cops [ham sandwiches] and their lawyers had no doubt what the GJ would do.

Last edited by jazzarama; 05-25-2015 at 04:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or