Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 04:19 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The prosecutor decides which witnesses to present to the GJ, which reports, what questions to ask.

Yea, Yea, Lets keep deflecting. I got it. We shall see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 05:35 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
jazzarama, In many cop as defendant cases, grand juries return no indictments at all. Here they fully agree with Mosby.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:58 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
jazzarama, In many cop as defendant cases, grand juries return no indictments at all. Here they fully agree with Mosby.
imo, and as was argued vehemently in the Brown and Garner cases, prosecutors aren't overly eager to indict cops. I happen to believe that is one of the reasons so few cops are indicted and why independent investigations and prosecutors are worthwhile ideas in cops cases.

In this case, Mosby desperately wanted charges and indictments. Maybe they're guilty of every charge against them. The mere fact that Mosby got a GJ to go her way just doesn't affect my opinion one way or another.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:08 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
In this case, Mosby desperately wanted charges and indictments. Maybe they're guilty of every charge against them. The mere fact that Mosby got a GJ to go her way just doesn't affect my opinion one way or another.
In this case, all Mosby did was present her case. There is no "Mosby got a GJ to go her way" to it. The Grand Jury is independent of Mosby or her wishes. If it makes you feel better, you can think the GJ and Mosby are all related and its a Grand Conspiracy to make Black people happy. Who cares. The fact is that its the Justice System, working as it should be, by the same Laws we all are subject to. You can't change that.

There are plenty of others out there that feel Freddy's death was no big deal and/or he deserved it because he was probably a bad guy. Your not alone, and those opinions don't change mine either. If something like this happens to these same people or some one in their family, you can bet they will be the first to yell "Murder" and want a Lynch Mob.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:32 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Political prisoners........ Sounds right.

Just like, we're supposed to ignore the fact that 3 of the 6 officers involved were in fact black, that way the media can peddle their usual " that's racist " narrative.

Clarke for POTUS!

Old 05-26-2015, 06:47 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
In this case, all Mosby did was present her case. There is no "Mosby got a GJ to go her way" to it. The Grand Jury is independent of Mosby or her wishes. If it makes you feel better, you can think the GJ and Mosby are all related and its a Grand Conspiracy to make Black people happy. Who cares. The fact is that its the Justice System, working as it should be, by the same Laws we all are subject to. You can't change that.

There are plenty of others out there that feel Freddy's death was no big deal and/or he deserved it because he was probably a bad guy. Your not alone, and those opinions don't change mine either. If something like this happens to these same people or some one in their family, you can bet they will be the first to yell "Murder" and want a Lynch Mob.
You've seen right through me Gray deserved to die and his death is no big deal One less happy-go-lucky drug dealing criminal in the community and society True, if a member of my family entered a cop van alive and exited dead, I'd have a rope in both hands ready to Lynch the cops

You're right, the old saying about prosecutors being able to indict a ham sandwich is pure bs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events