U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 05:58 AM

44,797 posts, read 36,172,094 times

Advertisements

Here is an in depth article on all parties involved:

Two shot dead after they open fire at Mohammed cartoon event in Texas - CNN.com

This was not just a "cartoon contest." The venue was chosen because it also hosted an "anti Islamophobia" event a few months ago. Though there were about 200 protesters at that event, there was no violence - unlike the reaction to this current event. Of course, that's not surprising to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 06:00 AM

44,797 posts, read 36,172,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbf2324 View Post
I have personally been threatened by a several people when I mentioned something along the lines of desecrating the flag in protest. I think they said something like "we'll beat the s*** out of you" and these were 4 grown men. I wasn't ever planning to do it, I was talking about it as an American right.

I would not burn the American Flag just b/c I could and I don't think I would draw the prophet just b/c I could. Its not going to change the minds of anyone or contribute to any real change.
I get where you're coming from, but this isn't a matter of civility - it's a matter of protecting one of the most basic tenets of our country's laws - the right to free speech.

1,978 posts, read 1,817,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
Actually, if organized properly, these events might be a good bait for potential terrorists. Just put some well-armed cops in plainclothes around and make sure they act fast and without hesitation whenever any middle-eastern-looking types appear on the scene (and they will appear since these animals simply cannot resist such a challenge). But of course it takes political will to happen.
"True that"

45,189 posts, read 17,936,731 times
'It's time for brothers in the U.S. to do their part': American jihadi allegedly called for attack on Texas Muhammad drawing contest

Old 05-04-2015, 06:02 AM

45,189 posts, read 17,936,731 times
ISIS claims responsibility. Got to wonder why the world's "most powerful military" can't seem to do that much about them.

ISIS 'claims responsibility' after two gunmen 'carrying explosives' killed in attack on anti-Islam art contest near Dallas: Suspects are shot by cops and security guard is wounded at 'draw Muhammad' event that offered $10,000 prize* | Daily Mail Onli

Old 05-04-2015, 06:12 AM

4,953 posts, read 1,959,098 times
The best response is for every city and town to have a similar event.
Now the Saudi's they really know how to insult the Prophet.

They tore down his wife's home and built a public toilet.

They have been trying to destroy his tomb too.

See

Destruction of Green Dome and Prophet's tomb and churches

Old 05-04-2015, 06:28 AM

4,953 posts, read 1,959,098 times
Andy,

" There are 660 million muslims and they all would defend the
prophet to the death."

Then why have 300 ancient Islamic sites associated with the prophet been destroyed in Mecca and Medina?

Why are the prophets remains to be moved to an unmarked grave?

Muslims are defending the right to own mega-yachts named Titz with tenders Nipple 1 and Nipple 2.

They just really never stop and realize how they are manipulated and that Islam is now a tool to control the people that object to Muslim government leaders.

Look in Malaysia. You can be arrested with no trial for simply saying an official did x, y and z. Even if you prove official did x y z.

Would you believe money to start raising more beef cattle went to buy a posh Singapore condo? Google cowgate.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:44 AM

15,734 posts, read 9,253,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Freedom of speech is one thing. Antagonistic slander is another.

I can go to a new black panther rally and yell the N word at the top of my lungs, but expecting to come out unharmed.... not guaranteed.

This is not a freedom of speech issue.. it's islamophobia perpetrated by militant racist European and American secular Jews and anti-islamic Christians.

There are 660 million muslims and they all would defend the prophet to the death.

I'm not saying I love Islam. I DO NOT. What I'm saying is: "mess with bull you get the horns" regardless of freedom of speech. If that bull happens to be a 660 ton brain damaged indoctrinated psychotic raging killer that will do anything to defend its honor... well... you may not want to ride it.
So you think it's ok to commit acts of terror against innocent people in order to defend you honor. Noted.

And continuing with that train of thought, if you mess with Texas, you will be gunned down and left in the street like the dogs that you are.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:22 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,381,420 times
My God is strong enough he can PERSONALLY deal with anyone who draws a cartoon of him he doesn't like.....just sayin'!!!!!!!

Last edited by Paka; 05-04-2015 at 07:41 AM..

Old 05-04-2015, 07:40 AM

4,274 posts, read 6,657,484 times
Where the Muslims are not happy:

They're not happy in Gaza.
They're not happy in Egypt.
They're not happy in Libya.
They're not happy in Morocco.
They're not happy in Iran.
They're not happy in Iraq.
They're not happy in Yemen.
They're not happy in Afghanistan.
They're not happy in Pakistan.
They're not happy in Syria.
They're not happy in Lebanon.
They're not happy in Indonesia.

So, where are they happy?

They're happy in Australia.
They're happy in England.
They're happy in France.
They're happy in Italy.
They're happy in Germany.
They're happy in Sweden.
They're happy in the USA.
They're happy in Norway.

They're happy in almost every country that is not Islamic!
And who do they blame [for their unhappiness]?

Not Islam...not their leadership...not themselves... They blame the countries in which they are HAPPY! And they want to change the countries in which they're happy, to be like the countries they came from, where they were unhappy.

Try to find logic in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events