U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 08:33 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,272,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Those folks must not have been out from under their rock yet, or they would have heard about the Paris incident. Stupid idiots.
or Pam Geller wanted and expected violence, I can not hink of any reason they would have had the contest in the suburb of Dallas with the largest Muslim population.
Dallas is a big place and many of the Suburbs and downtown sections have virtually no Muslims.

I think we need to look at 2 idiots from outside Dallas were the culprits and no Muslims from Dallas were involved says something about the Muslims in Dallas.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 08:37 AM

950 posts, read 714,064 times
Here is what I don't understand about the Muslim religion.

Most Muslims disassociate themselves from radical Muslim terrorists.
They claim those terrorists aren't following the Koran.

Yet, when a well known terrorist........bin-laden ... is killed, they are demanding to know if the US gave him the proper Muslim burial.

If they claim the radical terrorists are not following the Muslim Koran, why should they care what kind of burial he gets?

Old 05-04-2015, 08:37 AM

44,651 posts, read 36,106,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
or Pam Geller wanted and expected violence, I can not hink of any reason they would have had the contest in the suburb of Dallas with the largest Muslim population.
Dallas is a big place and many of the Suburbs and downtown sections have virtually no Muslims.

I think we need to look at 2 idiots from outside Dallas were the culprits and no Muslims from Dallas were involved says something about the Muslims in Dallas.
The event was held in that particular venue because the same venue held a Pro Islamic event in January.

I will give credit where credit is due - it is commendable that no Dallas or Texas Muslims were involved in the shooting. As a Texan living not far from this area, and in a smaller city with a large Muslim population (including a large mosque and a Muslim private school), this doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't have expected our local Muslim population to get jihadist on us - in general, this population locally is well educated, respected, professional, and very well integrated into the fabric of our community.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:49 AM

26,160 posts, read 15,346,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj
Any respectable channel have it? I mean one with more than 4 viewers??
Yes anyone covering it THAT ISNT MSM?? (Which is unreliable)

Old 05-04-2015, 08:55 AM

35,422 posts, read 10,475,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
See who is reaponsible for hosting such a lame art exhibit!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/39474970-post14.html

So?

Let's pretend that an "artist" is flinging elephant dung at a painting of the BVM, or displaying a crucifix in urine,.....okay?

Good try, deflecting responsibility here; no cigar. This ain't the U.K.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:56 AM

1,428 posts, read 837,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Eventually the U.S. will just be another Iraq or Somalia.
Yes, and we're all innocents over here, right?
Morons who set up this "show" are just doing their part to make your prediction come true; everyone else is playing their part, right on cue.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:57 AM

44,651 posts, read 36,106,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Morons who set up this "show" are just doing their part to make your prediction come true; everyone else is playing their part, right on cue.
What is your understanding of the First Amendment? Please expound. Thanks.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:01 AM

5,967 posts, read 3,458,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
This is America, where Jesus Christ on a slice of toast is as heralded as art as a photo exhibit of young women with anorexia. You don't have to like it; just don't buy a ticket and all will be well.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:02 AM

26,552 posts, read 19,023,480 times
AFDI paid $10K for security for the event and it was obviously money well spent.
two well placed shots and two dead thugs.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:06 AM

35,422 posts, read 10,475,434 times
[quote=AndyAMG;39475790]...

This is not a freedom of speech issue.. ..../QUOTE]

Yeah, it is. Though people like you are slapping pejoratives on its free exercise. That amendment isn't there to protect speech that doesn't offend us, and the answer to hateful speech is more speech.

Good luck with trying to muzzle Americans. Not gonna happen ; wouldn't be prudent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events