U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 02:28 PM

10,728 posts, read 17,742,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Here you go. Updated daily. They literally just added the new one.

https://www.odmp.org/search?state=Ne...m=2015&to=2015
I think you missed the point of my post...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 02:30 PM

9,721 posts, read 6,670,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I think you missed the point of my post...
I wasn't 100% sure how to take it, but yes, it would appear I initially missed the point lol.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:58 PM

5,098 posts, read 4,321,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that kind of info virtually always gets buried, yet when it's the other way around, it IS the story.
Blacks killing xxxxx is not news. It is the norm in most cities. This is the same when a Democrat is accused of corruption. They only list the party affiliation if they are "Republican".

Old 05-04-2015, 03:23 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,208,787 times
Of course race isn't listed...

Old 05-04-2015, 03:34 PM

3,139 posts, read 2,182,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
I don't get it? Any time a black man is killed and a cop or white person pull the trigger, it is front page news with headlines indicating race of everyone involved. There are riots. There is looting.

Yet when an officer dies and is killed, the race of the suspect is not listed? I read a few articles today regarding this and none of them listed the suspect's race. After seeing an image posted later of the suspect, I could obviously tell he was black.

NYPD Officer Brian Moore dies two days after being shot in the head - CBS News

The cop's were in a lose-lose situation. Defend themselves and shoot the suspect and they lose their job and have a target on their back and get charged with murder. Let the suspect draw first... and well... you all see what happens.

Not a good time to be a cop. The well-being of a violent criminal is more important than that of a cop (doing their job) according to the general public.

Hell, I usually use Yahoo for my news (I know, I know), but this wasn't even front page news? Baltimore was front page with at least 3 articles of the top 5, for weeks!
yawn...go start a protest. You're looking to start, if you already haven't engaged in, race-bating.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:37 PM

9,417 posts, read 6,296,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Silence, OP! You are upsetting the delicate racial imbalance that can only be rectified with meaningless deaths of white police officers!

Even in jest, this is so wrong!!! We need to stand with the cops.

Even in Garland last night, whatever your politiics may be, as the attendees were notified as to what happened they prayed for the officer that was shot, then said The Pledgeof Alegience and sang God Bless America and the Star Spangled Banner.

This evil crap will be more and more prevelant in the US. We need to stand up and support our LawEnforcement Officers and Military. They are putting their lives on the line for all of us

Old 05-04-2015, 03:58 PM

625 posts, read 472,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Blacks killing xxxxx is not news. It is the norm in most cities. This is the same when a Democrat is accused of corruption. They only list the party affiliation if they are "Republican".
What's an xxxxx?

Old 05-04-2015, 04:01 PM

632 posts, read 757,591 times
Everybody wants debate whether it's a race/non racial issue, but nobody ever wants to discuss banning firearms altogether.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:42 PM

756 posts, read 625,411 times
Exclamation Really? Are You Sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
I don't get it? Any time a black man is killed and a cop or white person pull the trigger, it is front page news with headlines indicating race of everyone involved. There are riots. There is looting.

Yet when an officer dies and is killed, the race of the suspect is not listed? I read a few articles today regarding this and none of them listed the suspect's race. After seeing an image posted later of the suspect, I could obviously tell he was black.

NYPD Officer Brian Moore dies two days after being shot in the head - CBS News

The cop's were in a lose-lose situation. Defend themselves and shoot the suspect and they lose their job and have a target on their back and get charged with murder. Let the suspect draw first... and well... you all see what happens.

Not a good time to be a cop. The well-being of a violent criminal is more important than that of a cop (doing their job) according to the general public.

Hell, I usually use Yahoo for my news (I know, I know), but this wasn't even front page news? Baltimore was front page with at least 3 articles of the top 5, for weeks!
Yes it is sad, but did the black man get away with murder? If he did then that is wrong. It is just as wrong as if a white man killed a black man and got away with murder. I believe that one of the reasons why black people protest is based on black people being killed by whites (and mexicans) and the killers are getting away with murder. I support the concerns of a black man because based on my observations EVERYTHING that black people do for justice gets ridiculed. People do not understand. And they do not want to. But if I ever see any black man kill a white man (and if the black man gets away with it) I would not be so sympathetic.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:53 PM

10,728 posts, read 17,742,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
Everybody wants debate whether it's a race/non racial issue, but nobody ever wants to discuss banning firearms altogether.
It's been discussed to death. The more important question is why you think that it would help. Law abiding, gun owning citizens don't run around shooting people. Banning guns will not keep them out of the hands of criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or