Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 10:52 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,837,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
My favorite Craigs list story of all time was in Freeport, Long Island.

The Porsche dealership is closed on Sunday but lot is open. A guy advertised a used porsche at a great price being sold at the dealership. Must be cash as dealership need money.

So couple shows up sure enough he had keys to Porsche they do paperwork, he puts temp plates on and they pay cash and off they drive.

When they contact dealership to follow up on real plates they had no clue. Guy stole a porsche from a valet parking lot, sold it at Porsche dealer and couple got fooled.
My favorite Craigslist story involves a C level actress who needed help paying her phone bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 10:53 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Love that quote about CL being an electronic bathroom wall. So true...
... with a glory hole.

Mick

Old 05-08-2015, 02:29 PM

387 posts, read 589,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
That's a good idea but wouldn't the police accuse you of loitering?
good point. they might even shoot you when you 'resist arrest'.

Old 05-08-2015, 03:02 PM

11,112 posts, read 9,753,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
I gained a stalker when I sold my last car on Craigslist (I also did successfully sell the car to someone else). He made an appointment, my husband and I waited home all day on a beautiful Sunday, and he never showed. However, to this day I get weird emails from him, and he made a fake Twitter account using my name with a picture of a bikini model. I reported it to Twitter, not sure if they ever took it down. I Googled his name one time - troubled young man, by the sound of it. He'll stop, and then every six months or so I'll get a flurry of emails. This has been going on for 6 years. Never even met 'im.

To be sure, I've also successfully used Craigslist a few times. It definitely has its merits. You just have to watch out for a few weirdos.
Why don't you block his email address? Or just set a filter that sends it strait to the trash?

Old 05-08-2015, 04:31 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,476,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
I bought a car, rented a house, found quite a few jobs, sold numerous things, bought furniture AND agreed to go on 3 dates from Craigslist in the past 7 years.

I'm still alive?....... Is that luck?
Show us a picture of the dates and we'll be more able to comment.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:51 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,404,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Show us a picture of the dates and we'll be more able to comment.
Man 1 looks: 6/10. He turned out to be fairly cute, he was an older military man.. well put together and we had a fling. Nice guy, but I cut it short when I realized it wouldn't amount to much more than that; I didn't click with him.

Man 2 looks: 5/10 but he was HORRIBLE. Awkward turtle guy, he had major mental issues that were too apparent. I felt uneasy with that one so I didn't give him a chance to do anything insane. I cut it short in 30 minutes.

Man 3 looks: 8/10. Wow. So damnnnnn sexy, we had wonderful chemistry. I really liked him!.. but his 'package' was literally less than 3" fully on. Other than that, he was seriously great. We talked/met for a couple of months. I just... I... couldn't do it anymore. *shakes head* I never told him why I didn't want to meet up with him any longer.. he was already too upset... he adored me too... I regret the entire situation. We had such an emotional soft spot for each other... *sniffs.

They weren't all so bad; only bad one was guy 2, and he still didn't do much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events