Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 12:47 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,853,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The Bible generally teaches against any sexual relations except between husband and wife. The Bible specifically mentions sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex as among the forbidden acts. IF you had READ the bible then ANYTHING that your God says NOT to do is... a SIN!

To my knowledge no one that is mentally sane can hear the voice of God, everything in the bible should be taken with a grain of salt, since most of it can't be verified anyway other than a few historical events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,131 times
Quote:
Well, technically, the lawsuit was filed by God and Jesus Christ, the woman being only an ambassador
Woman sues all the gay people all around the world
2 photosVIEW ALL

This past Tuesday, a woman in Nebraska, US, presented the District Court of Omaha with a 7-page handwritten petition asking that a judge strike their mighty hammer and rule once and for all whether or not being gay is a sin.
That's right, this woman, identified as 66-year-old Sylvia Ann Driskell of Auburn, filed a lawsuit against all the gay people everywhere on Earth.
Before you make any comments on this petition of hers, you should know that, technically, it wasn't Sylvia Ann Driskell who filed suit. Au contraire, the plaintiffs are God and Jesus Christ. The 66-year-old is only their ambassador.
Thus, the woman makes sure to point out that she wrote and filed the petition acting as “ambassador for plaintiffs God and His Son, Jesus Christ.”

Enough said...
It's good to see that she recognizes the courts' ruling over the opinions of "...God and His Son, Jesus Christ".

Old 05-08-2015, 01:01 PM

5 posts, read 5,326 times
The bible was written by man not a god. Simple why is that so hard to understand. Oh ya can't forget the fact its been translated a few times and has pretty much been proven that the translations were off.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:29 PM

922 posts, read 802,695 times
American crazies are the best in the world.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:30 PM

424 posts, read 380,119 times
lol I think this is the reason must states offer a GED, but in this case it wouldn't matter as she probably dropped out of junior high.......

Old 05-08-2015, 02:59 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,157,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Who cares if something is a "sin" or not? That's hardly a matter for a court of law to decide.

What a nut job.
Greed, pride, gluttony, lust, envy, wrath and sloth are the "7 deadly sins". By that reasoning, everyone should be in prison lol!

Old 05-08-2015, 03:09 PM

7,996 posts, read 7,348,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Isn't the basis of atheism that you get to hate people who don't think like you?
To the atheist who just left me the hateful, anonymous private message, you've just proved my point!

Old 05-08-2015, 03:11 PM

7,996 posts, read 7,348,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Is it? Apparently I'm failing at that then.

I just prefer to golf. I find it more enjoyable and keeps the blood pressure down.
LOL not all atheists (or golfers) are as easygoing as you!

Old 05-08-2015, 03:13 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,398,550 times
the thread title is hilarious

the thread not so much

it would probably be better for people to say that being homosexual is "gross".or "unnatural" vs bringing the *bible* into everything

mentioning the bible instead of just stating your personal feelings just gives the gay-crusaders a means of changing the subject to "looney christian"

and actually i dont blame them.

Old 05-08-2015, 04:56 PM

34,717 posts, read 16,746,807 times
Quote:
Well, technically, the lawsuit was filed by God and Jesus Christ, the woman being only an ambassador
Woman sues all the gay people all around the world
2 photosVIEW ALL

This past Tuesday, a woman in Nebraska, US, presented the District Court of Omaha with a 7-page handwritten petition asking that a judge strike their mighty hammer and rule once and for all whether or not being gay is a sin.
That's right, this woman, identified as 66-year-old Sylvia Ann Driskell of Auburn, filed a lawsuit against all the gay people everywhere on Earth.
Before you make any comments on this petition of hers, you should know that, technically, it wasn't Sylvia Ann Driskell who filed suit. Au contraire, the plaintiffs are God and Jesus Christ. The 66-year-old is only their ambassador.
Thus, the woman makes sure to point out that she wrote and filed the petition acting as “ambassador for plaintiffs God and His Son, Jesus Christ.”

Enough said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
A judge or court dosen't have to rule that homosexuality is a sin. The Bible is clear, it is.
Strikes me as a non-justiciable controversy. At least under the laws of the state in which I am admitted to practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events