Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 09:46 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
homosexuals, 10% of the population, must be lying when they indicate they were born that way.
I believe they are born that way. But your percentage of gay people is way over exaggerated. It's more like 4% or less.

And to get the numbers higher they have to count the transgender.

Just over 2% tell CDC they are gay, lesbian, bisexual

A total of 2.3% of U.S. adults said they were gay, lesbian or bisexual in the largest federal government survey ever to ask about sexual orientation. That number is a bit lower than the 3% to 4% found in some other recent surveys, including a Gallup Poll from 2012 — but some of those studies encompassed broader groups, including transsexuals. In the new survey of 34,557 adults, released Tuesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an additional 1.1% said they were "something else," didn't know or refused to answer.

3.8% according to this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_de..._United_States

No need to overestimate a groups numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 09:55 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Gay people are born gay.

Any questions?

Old 05-12-2015, 01:07 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,180,160 times
I believe most gays/lesbians were born that way, but I also think its possible for one's sexuality to be affected by events that happen in childhood, particularly abuse or other traumatic events. However, it would be nearly impossible to prove in any given case whether an individual is gay based on strictly nature or nurture.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:36 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
A total of 2.3% of U.S. adults said they were gay, lesbian or bisexual in the largest federal government survey ever to ask about sexual orientation. That number is a bit lower than the 3% to 4% found in some other recent surveys, including a Gallup Poll from 2012 — but some of those studies encompassed broader groups, including transsexuals. In the new survey of 34,557 adults, released Tuesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an additional 1.1% said they were "something else," didn't know or refused to answer.

3.8% according to this; LGBT demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No need to overestimate a groups numbers.
Perhaps a little bit of common sense is in order. Gay people more likely than not, do not "self-disclose" their sexual identity.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:12 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
It seems to make homophobes feel comfortable rationalizing that sexual orientation is, according to them, a "learned behavior" in order to justify their hate. So, all the homosexuals, 10% of the population, must be lying when they indicate they were born that way.
Bingo! They want to come across as loving, but, well, the Bible tells them to hate.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:23 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Gay people are born gay.

Any questions?
People are born with physical deformities, mental disabilities, and other diseases. It makes total sense some could also be born gay.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:32 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Sodomy is a behavior, but gay marriage is obviously a lot more than that. Same way sodomy does not define straight marriage. In fact, straight marriage tends to put an end to sodomy, regretfully.

Mick
Trust me straight marriage does not put an end to gay sex. Plenty of men cheat on there wives with other men. Sometimes these guys throw football parties and have orgies.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Perhaps a little bit of common sense is in order. Gay people more likely than not, do not "self-disclose" their sexual identity.
A lot of them deny it while having sex. I have had a few men tell me they were straight while w were having sex.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:50 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,500 times
I dont know, judging by my personal experiences in life, no one is ever going to love anyone else randomly, or even at times, bother to feel a need to be civil to anyone. I think everyone can relate to having an extremely bad day and wanting to vent it...anywhere and on anyone. Doesnt mean they manifest it, but everyone can remember a time of emmotional imperfection.

Love yourself, like everyone else does. The only problem I see is with people appearing somewhat vengeful when sueing old ladies who dont want to be a part of a union that goes against their personal (religious, etc.) beliefs. That can turn a negative eye on the whole thing. For anything to flourish, it must be stellar in the eyes of public opinion. The general public nationwide likes the concept of live and let live. Is it wise to negatively move to cause a change in that opinion?

Does anyone considered mainsteam 'perfect' and 'normal' expect everyone to randomly and openly accept everything about them in relationship to anything and everything in life?? That hasnt been my experience in life.

As a rule of thumb I expect anyone and everyone at any given time to become a self-righteous, or just selfish, "adze". That way, Im never disappointed if someone doesnt deside to pleasantly surprise with a cordial interaction.

I dont think GLBT people can expect much less of humanity. It is what it is. *shrugs*

Old 05-16-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
I dont know, judging by my personal experiences in life, no one is ever going to love anyone else randomly, or even at times, bother to feel a need to be civil to anyone. I think everyone can relate to having an extremely bad day and wanting to vent it...anywhere and on anyone. Doesnt mean they manifest it, but everyone can remember a time of emmotional imperfection.

Love yourself, like everyone else does. The only problem I see is with people appearing somewhat vengeful when sueing old ladies who dont want to be a part of a union that goes against their personal (religious, etc.) beliefs. That can turn a negative eye on the whole thing. For anything to flourish, it must be stellar in the eyes of public opinion. The general public nationwide likes the concept of live and let live. Is it wise to negatively move to cause a change in that opinion?

Does anyone considered mainsteam 'perfect' and 'normal' expect everyone to randomly and openly accept everything about them in relationship to anything and everything in life?? That hasnt been my experience in life.

As a rule of thumb I expect anyone and everyone at any given time to become a self-righteous, or just selfish, "adze". That way, Im never disappointed if someone doesnt deside to pleasantly surprise with a cordial interaction.

I dont think GLBT people can expect much less of humanity. It is what it is. *shrugs*
The problem a lot of gay people have is with the double standard. If you are straight and speak about your wife or husband in public you are lauded. If you are gay all of a sudden you are shoving it down someone's throat. I want to leave the south because so many gay people in Houston see there being gay as disrespectful. I have actually been told this multiple times. Yet every straight coworker feels free to tell me about there love life, which I actually have no problem with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events