U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 07:08 AM

10,577 posts, read 7,293,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
The problem a lot of gay people have is with the double standard. If you are straight and speak about your wife or husband in public you are lauded. If you are gay all of a sudden you are shoving it down someone's throat. I want to leave the south because so many gay people in Houston see there being gay as disrespectful. I have actually been told this multiple times. Yet every straight coworker feels free to tell me about there love life, which I actually have no problem with.
"Stop shoving it down my throat!" = "Pretend you're not really gay!"

These are the same people who can see story after story of this athlete and that supermodel, this actor and that actress, and on and on and on, and never utter a peep. Then comes some story in which a gay person mentions their mate and the hysterical reaction is:
"OMG, I don't want to know what you do in the bedroom! Oh, and I totally feel the exact same way about straights!"
Except that merely mentioning one's same-sex mate isn't talking about what one does in the bedroom, and the same crowd that insists that they're as horrified by any expression of heterosexuality doesn't actually flip out in the same way when, say, there's a story about Tom Brady and his wife Gisele.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or