U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 10:29 PM

15,307 posts, read 16,867,859 times

Advertisements

I wonder where the *upstate* came from. Rockland County is not upstate. It's not far from NYC actually - it's downstate. I see a comment about that on the article I posted. Ramapo is not upstate either, nor is Suffern. CNN also is saying upstate. Weird, imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 10:34 PM

3,029 posts, read 2,030,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
First, I said, oh crazy 911 caller being paranoid, that's it. But then I read the allegations:

What's funny to me is imagining in my head of the internal conflict within some of the C-D posters who are pro-police 100% of the time, and pro-white 100% of the time, at the same time. When the blacks are playing on the your team, the decision is not so easy as usual.

Mick
They will say the black officers didn't follow procedure by contacting the local pd. They'd be wrong, but they'll claim it.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:10 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,865,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I wonder where the *upstate* came from. Rockland County is not upstate. It's not far from NYC actually - it's downstate. I see a comment about that on the article I posted. Ramapo is not upstate either, nor is Suffern. CNN also is saying upstate. Weird, imo.
They wouldn't want to poop on the liberal mecca of NYC now would they????

Old 05-13-2015, 09:46 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,278,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
That guy takes the words right out of my mouth. I have been anti-police my entire life. Well since i was about 15 anyway, when I first realized that cops were not heros. But rather just low life criminal thug gangsters who harassed and robbed honest hard working people, the same way any criminals did.

But now for the first time I feel like I'm not in the minority anymore. Finally the majority of people are starting to realize that the police are nothing but gutless, pathetic, coward, criminal thugs.
Ha. Every word out of your mouth is anti police ..too many tickets too many booking slips could certainly foment irrationality in even the best of us
But to think you are somehow not a fringe... well.. you are..I know this everyday when the majority of normal people I meet just say thanks... I've even had arrestees say it... so the feeling you might be experiencing might be a medication reaction...
People who experience life in the manner you state might check in with a professional who can help

Old 05-13-2015, 10:27 AM

6,742 posts, read 3,876,712 times
Absolutely shocked.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:22 AM

2,336 posts, read 1,661,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
They wouldn't want to poop on the liberal mecca of NYC now would they????

Doubtful, it doesn't even border NYC. Across the TZ Bridge you got Westchester County, to it's south, you got Jersey.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:34 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,865,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Ha. Every word out of your mouth is anti police ..too many tickets too many booking slips could certainly foment irrationality in even the best of us
But to think you are somehow not a fringe... well.. you are..I know this everyday when the majority of normal people I meet just say thanks... I've even had arrestees say it... so the feeling you might be experiencing might be a medication reaction...
People who experience life in the manner you state might check in with a professional who can help
Or....personally experiencing your colleagues going out of their way to be complete and total anal orifices when you have done absolutely nothing wrong makes people feel that way also. Maybe in your little Bizzaro World everyone who objects to the police state is a scumbag but those of us who actually live in the real world know the real truth.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:56 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Ha. Every word out of your mouth is anti police ..too many tickets too
Yes, I have been robbed by you thieving bastards too many times, and so have a lot of other people. Just keep it up. The tide is turning and people are getting fed up with the thug behavior of cops. I wouldn't want to be in your position when it happens.

Old 05-13-2015, 03:27 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,486,916 times
Quote:
After receiving a 911 call from a women about four big scary people wearing bullet-proof vests, the Rockland County Police Department in upstate New York decided they needed to show up in full force to shut this frightening band of thugs down.

Except, they weren't thugs. They were licensed parole officers, two men and two women, in full uniform, with badges. What they were, was black. They weren't even big, but their blackness, to the 911 caller, maybe made them look larger than life.
Not surprising with how dumbed down people are now..... AFRAID OF THIER OWN SHADOW!!

Old 05-15-2015, 12:19 PM

12,447 posts, read 14,587,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
All white upstate NY police officers pull over four black officers who are in uniform and have their shields prominently displayed.
Lucky for them they didn't have a cell phone in their hands or they'd probably be dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or