U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 04:16 AM

38,084 posts, read 15,294,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Still searching for mobile phone that looks like a Glock (or any other gun for that matter) but I'll keep trying.
You must not know how to use google. I got this on the first hit.

Guns disguised as mobile phones

Of course you could just say instead, "I don't believe it because I think cops are bad" and be done with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 04:18 AM

38,084 posts, read 15,294,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
..... Law enforcement isn't even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs. Let's thank those workers who put their lives on the line to literally clean up our streets!
That article from Time has already been disproven.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:20 AM

30,407 posts, read 9,086,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I love this and read it on here

Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Point dark colored objects at police mimicking a gun can end badly for those testing Darwin's theory...
Its also a fact some people are cowards and want suicide by cop... or are so stoned out of their gourd they commit stupid acts.. in this case Darwin was hallucinating

Good shoot..poor family control

Keep trying.. I know you're on it 24/7

Thanks

Yes, the fact that he'd sought treatment for hallucinations just hours before got lost in the sauce, typically. So we can assume he was on anti-psychotic meds. Or not. Either way, it's another variable that makes the OP's simplistic thread title more than a little sparse on facts.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:53 AM

5,324 posts, read 4,006,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly.

There is nothing nice about it at all. It's the price we pay as a society in order to stop the criminals, or people who present themselves as criminals, from harming the public.
Why would you add your voice of reason to this obvious cop hate thread?

Old 05-13-2015, 08:00 AM

5,324 posts, read 4,006,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Still searching for mobile phone that looks like a Glock (or any other gun for that matter) but I'll keep trying.
Go play in traffic on the interstate. You are not a car I'm sure the motorists will avoid hitting you.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:09 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,273,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Go play in traffic on the interstate. You are not a car I'm sure the motorists will avoid hitting you.
You made me belly laugh.. but so true

More Darwin awards... couldn't rep you again so quickly .. wish CD would allow a repeat button

Old 05-13-2015, 08:13 AM

11,759 posts, read 5,207,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That article from Time has already been disproven.
How? Link?

Mick

Old 05-13-2015, 08:19 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,569,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
That is so true. Darwin does not discriminate. Awards are issued regardless of color.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:22 AM

11,759 posts, read 5,207,444 times
Unlike many other recent cases, this one could certainly be a good faith mistake in that the dude was on top of a 25 foot lumber pile. Depending on the officers' distance from the pile (also affects the viewing angel), whether the victim was standing up or crouching on the pile, and how the sun was shining at the moment, it might have been difficult to make an assessment in an instant.

Honestly, I don't have problems with reasonable, honest mistakes made by cops with no racial animus. We all f-up at work from time to time, and they have much less time to react than us. And as a cop, I know I would be in constant fear (or state of concern, at least) when approaching a menacing civilian.

But I have a problem with other types of situations.

Mick

Old 05-13-2015, 11:17 AM

13,026 posts, read 7,196,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It must be nice to be able to blow people away at will, get a free pass, and then get a pat on the back by the police boot licking sheeple.
Wow be careful your blind hate is showing. I'm embarrassed for you since you seem unable to control your contempt. I sincerely hope you find a way to heal yourself lest all that hate eat you alive and blind you to the fact that not all police shootings are unjustified. Just once I'd love to see you on a cop thread where you actually acknowledge that the shooting was justified. Humor me please. Until then what can I do to help you find some middle ground?
(ps I'd shoot some nut case first and ask questions later if they were threatening me by pointing what looked like a gun and acting crazy. Stupid is what stupid does. I certainly wouldn't be saying Ah sir is that a gun and do you intend to shoot me )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or