Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 05:03 PM

8,242 posts, read 8,586,873 times

Advertisements

And how is this a current event?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 05:11 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,265,812 times
Maybe it's not a black/white thing, but a cute/ugly thing.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:23 PM

387 posts, read 587,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
it happened today.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:54 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,952,557 times
You should have put your game face on and asked her if she digs Spike Lee movies, particularly Jungle Fever.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:01 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,512,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
so with all the black on white conflicts going on, I wanted to get your opinion on what you would have done in this situation.

i went to a Subway restaurant for lunch and all of the employees are black. the black customer in front of me was flirting with one of sandwich artist. she makes his sandwich and when she cashes him out she tells him since today is Black Shirt day, he gets a free bag of chips. he did. cool i thought. i got a black shirt too! well, she took my order, made my sandwich, but offered no deal on the chips! instead asks if i want to add a chip and drink to make it a combo. hmm, was it not offered to me because i was a non-black? my shirt was blacker than his too. i just paid and left but thought about calling her out or contacting the store owner. what do you think??
don't you have any friends or family you can discuss this with? does this thread really belong here? if this really happened to you, perhaps she actually knew the other person. there is no vast conspiracy by us to give each other discounts and freebies.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:13 PM

1,136 posts, read 918,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Its a sign of the times. So many people want to blame everything on race. Even unattractive people want to blame their lack of desirability on race lol.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
don't you have any friends or family you can discuss this with? does this thread really belong here? if this really happened to you, perhaps she actually knew the other person. there is no vast conspiracy by us to give each other discounts and freebies.
Chances are they would immediately know why he didn't get a discount and smirk as he told the story.

When I worked in customer service I use to overcharge everyone white person i met. I even gave them caffeine in there decaf and made there lattes look warm. I always gave blacks and Arabs discounts because, "**** America."

Old 05-15-2015, 06:24 PM

50,422 posts, read 36,064,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
so with all the black on white conflicts going on, I wanted to get your opinion on what you would have done in this situation.

i went to a Subway restaurant for lunch and all of the employees are black. the black customer in front of me was flirting with one of sandwich artist. she makes his sandwich and when she cashes him out she tells him since today is Black Shirt day, he gets a free bag of chips. he did. cool i thought. i got a black shirt too! well, she took my order, made my sandwich, but offered no deal on the chips! instead asks if i want to add a chip and drink to make it a combo. hmm, was it not offered to me because i was a non-black? my shirt was blacker than his too. i just paid and left but thought about calling her out or contacting the store owner. what do you think??
You said they were flirting, I would attribute it more to she liked him, like attracted to him liked him, and that's why he got the special treatment. It sounds like there were probably many black people there, did they all get given free chips? I highly doubt it, they'd all be fired for wasting the owner's money. She was flirting. I've had guys let me get in front of lines and other "extra" things because they were flrting with me. Me and my best friend were given free tickets by a guy working at an amusement park once. Funny how I never attributed it to it being a member of the secret "white people's club".

Old 05-15-2015, 06:36 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,512,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Chances are they would immediately know why he didn't get a discount and smirk as he told the story.

When I worked in customer service I use to overcharge everyone white person i met. I even gave them caffeine in there decaf and made there lattes look warm. I always gave blacks and Arabs discounts because, "**** America."
joking?

Old 05-15-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
joking?
My Heart is as dark as my skin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events