Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 12:55 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,025,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Wow, just wow. If you look back at the first several pages "thug" was mentioned many times then there was this post:

So, which is it? If the word "thug" is used for blacks it's bigoted but if it's used on anyone else it's not "natural" and is a put on...

How come the MEDIA and that weak simp DON LEMON hasn't called them "thugs"?

Don Lemon had no problem calling black protestors in Ferguson, NY and Baltimore "thugs", but yet he's silent on this. Not just him, even the Daily Mail is watching how they refer to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 12:57 PM

Yeah, and not one person said a cop did it.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Here's what I wonder. If there were all those cops around the parking lot including snipers on roofs etc. then why didn't they show themselves en masse to diffuse the situation?
You gotta know that if all those cops had rolled up surrounding the restaurant the bikers would've been scrambling to hide whatever stuff they had or beating feet for their bikes so they could leave. Why wait until a gun came out, why wait until something jumped off? They knew odds were great that something would happen.
Why not just roll up, show yourselves and watch 'em?
That's crime prevention...

NYPD would have had the city on LOCK had they pulled this mess over here.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:37 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,365,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Actually the Census Bureau does no such thing. The CB lists the following categories:

Texas:

Black or African American alone: 12.4%

American Indian alone: 1%

White alone, not Hispanic or Latino: 44%

Hispanic or Latino: 38.4%

Texas QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
You're completely clueless.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:33 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
How come the MEDIA and that weak simp DON LEMON hasn't called them "thugs"? Don Lemon had no problem calling black protestors in Ferguson, NY and Baltimore "thugs", but yet he's silent on this. Not just him, even the Daily Mail is watching how they refer to them.
Well..... your mistake here is putting any kind of faith into the USA MSM, and especially that of any cable "news" channel, CNN included. They are race hucksters no doubt about it.

As for the Daily Mail, it routinely uses the word "thug" to refer to non-black criminals. A quick search will prove that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rous-jail.html

Old 05-24-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well..... your mistake here is putting any kind of faith into the USA MSM, and especially that of any cable "news" channel, CNN included. They are race hucksters no doubt about it.

As for the Daily Mail, it routinely uses the word "thug" to refer to non-black criminals. A quick search will prove that.

Wigan thug 'too dangerous' for jail after repeated girlfriend attacks | Daily Mail Online

We finally agree on the media being race hucksters.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
How come the MEDIA and that weak simp DON LEMON hasn't called them "thugs"?

Don Lemon had no problem calling black protestors in Ferguson, NY and Baltimore "thugs", but yet he's silent on this. Not just him, even the Daily Mail is watching how they refer to them.
Thankfully the MM and Don lemon are not ME nor I'd bet are they any of the people on here.
Marilyn, you've got to remember that the media (as a whole) has NO connection to the reality of the average person rather, they try to create their own reality. They put bigoted,stupid people from both sides of an issue on TV and in the paper that they think will draw the "right" eyeballs (the proper demographic), the more outrageous the better it seems.
ALL of them are guilty of this, they pander to who they think their audience is so please don't judge those on here by what the talking heads do or do not say.

"I" certainly think some of those involved in the incident in Texas are thugs, just as I think those who loot,riot,burn and injure innocents are thugs/sheeple as well.

Doesn't matter a whit to me what color they are, although I can't speak with certainty for others on here I'm betting (hoping) it's the same with them.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Thankfully the MM and Don lemon are not ME nor I'd bet are they any of the people on here.
Marilyn, you've got to remember that the media (as a whole) has NO connection to the reality of the average person rather, they try to create their own reality. They put bigoted,stupid people from both sides of an issue on TV and in the paper that they think will draw the "right" eyeballs (the proper demographic), the more outrageous the better it seems.
ALL of them are guilty of this, they pander to who they think their audience is so please don't judge those on here by what the talking heads do or do not say.

"I" certainly think some of those involved in the incident in Texas are thugs, just as I think those who loot,riot,burn and injure innocents are thugs/sheeple as well.

Doesn't matter a whit to me what color they are, although I can't speak with certainty for others on here I'm betting (hoping) it's the same with them.
You don't know how much this makes me happy that "some" folks on this forum finally get what's happening.

At this point, it really is beyond "race".

The police beat up this man white man either last week or a couple of weeks ago and all it got was a small paragraph blurb on the DM. His face was a mess!

He wasn't armed, on drugs or a big man. The vicious beating he received was unnecessary and made no sense. This is why many people in the urban communities are starting to say that cops across the nation are getting a "new" type of training when dealing with the public. They don't seem to care about repercussions or going to prison.

The cop who jumped on the hood of a car to empty 15 rounds into the windshield of people who were not moving is another one of those "proof positive" things that shows many of them will never be punished. Eric Garner's killer cop is STILL on the force. The NYPD doesn't seem to have any plans on firing him either.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:19 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
NYPD would have had the city on LOCK had they pulled this mess over here.
You're right, as would many major metro areas. That is what makes me wonder "what don't we know" about this whole deal.
It just doesn't make sense, the PD goes to the Mgr of the restaurant prior to the arrival of the bikers and tell them "bad people are coming and we offer our services to help out so bad things don't happen". Mgr refuses (as has been reported ) and instead of showing a huge LEO presence in the lot around the place to dissuade trouble they hide snipers on rooftops and cops down the road.

Could anyone imagine the response from Sheriff Joe in AZ if something like this was about to go down? He'd be in front of every news camera available with spittle flying,hair slicked down and surrounded by legions of deputies and posse members (mounted and in cars) as well his Mobile Command RV and of course armored cars.

Further thought: It seems to me the LEO's that have been the most outspoken about criminals,thugs and such and are regularly derided in the news are probably the ones that wouldn't let things like this happen?

Old 05-25-2015, 12:02 AM

932 posts, read 898,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post
people who cry race over something that has nothing to do with race make me want to hurl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
No.

And there WON'T be.

I'm really not understanding this thread and the need to find these mangy animals "innocent".

In the thread on Freddie Gray, many of these same posters caping for these bikers were doing back flips trying to say how Gray ripped 80% of his spine from his body and CRUSHED his own voicebox. They were supporting the police to the fullest. Even said that Freddie eating lead paint as a kid made him damage himself as an adult.

It's the complete opposite in THIS thread.

The bikers are the "heroes" and the cops are the "criminals".

Hmmmmmm....
hahaha exactly...!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events