U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 08:26 PM

5,886 posts, read 4,192,336 times

Advertisements

The decline of the west continues...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 09:32 PM

911 posts, read 714,162 times
When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.
When Irish hearts are happy,
All the world seems bright and gay.
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, they steal your heart away.

Congratulations Ireland.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:36 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,421,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucrose View Post
It seems to me that your natural distaste for homosexuality has prevented you from learning the facts about it. That's understandable, to a point. But wouldn't you like to know the facts, rather than rely on vague opinions based on the 'ick' factor?

There has been same-sex attraction forever, even in different species.

It only seems to be "In" now because the acceptance has brought it into the light. Do a little reading on the subject and you will find it in nearly every culture, in every period.

Regarding sex change operations . . . gender dysphoria is a real condition. Transitioning to another gender is hard work, emotionally and physically. This is not something done for amusement, or because it's a fad. Also, there are intersex individuals, people born with ambiguous genitalia and other conditions preventing them from being defined clearly as either male or female. This is the main reason gender-based marriage laws make no sense to me.

The opinions you express are very common amongst those who adhere to religious teachings, are not curious enough to learn about it, or don't have much exposure to LGBT people. I hope you will take the time to rethink it, not for the benefit of others but for yourself.
I have a different view of the gay lifestyle... one forged by experience.
I worked West Hollywood station for five years of my career.. it was touted as the first all American gay city. I have no religious bias.
Most of my time there was immersed in dealing with the gay lifestyle and the abhorrent aspects of it. The male prostitution.. young males from small town America ... the chicken hawks.. the gay pride parades.. the screwing of strangers every night in West Hollywood park until we addressed it. The gay city council pushing an overtly gay agenda .. including requiring all of us to go through mandatory gay sensitivity training...even the mayor got popped at one point trolling the alleys.. only to use his power to keep the Beverley Hills D.A. from filing on what otherwise would be a good arrest
I saw the HIV and other diseases rampant ... lots of deputies including myself getting exposed to HIV patients who gained the disease through risky homosexual experiences .
The Pleasure Chest at 7772 Santa Monica blvd catered to this lifestyle.. selling anything and everything related that one human could do to another sexually...I used to take ride along there so they could see the tools of this lifestyle.. I opened the eyes of a Midwest fundamentalist ministers who rode along one time...bet he had plenty to tell his flock
I think for me a salient moment about the homosexual lifestyle that turned me off was a rescue call... we found a make hanging from a chain in the living room while his partner gave him amyl nitrate while they played with each other... the amyl nitrate blew the guys heart up.. so we got tasked with taking him down and trying CPR... in the days of HIV transmission not clearly understood it didn't happen well

To extend this behavior to marriage because a vocative well organized body of people want to redefine it... no thanks .. I've had enough exposure to the homosexual lifestyle for a lifetime... and I want nothing to do with legitimizing their behavior

Anything a social progressive wants I probably don't support.. as we dilute our traditions we will become desensitized to what makes common sense . The homosexual lifestyle means no procreation by default.. and as such unsustainable .

I believe this lifestyle will become legal nationwide... I also believe I will never support it... and no one can change my private thoughts... my time in West Hollywood made me want the normality of the ghetto...and the understanding I have never had any attraction to the same sex... thanks to a healthy upbringing and understanding of human sexuality. Alteration of ones body is unnatural..and ultimately damaging. No special classes and no do covers.. want to create something different.. sure.. I predict many will feel like me but be afraid to express their opinions

Last edited by notmeofficer; 05-24-2015 at 10:15 PM..

Old 05-24-2015, 10:17 PM

2,572 posts, read 3,526,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I worked West Hollywood station for five years of my career.. it was touted as the first all American gay city. I have no religious bias.
Most of my time there was immersed in dealing with the gay lifestyle and the abhorrent aspects of it. The male prostitution.. young males from small town America ... the chicken hawks.. the gay pride parades.. the screwing of strangers every night in West Hollywood park until we addressed it. The gay city council pushing an overtly gay agenda .. including requiring all of us to go through mandatory gay sensitivity training...even the mayor got popped at one point trolling the alleys.. only to use his power to keep the Beverley Hills D.A. from filing on what otherwise would be a good arrest
I saw the HIV and other diseases rampant ... lots of deputies including myself getting exposed to HIV patients who gained the disease through risky homosexual experiences .
The Pleasure Chest at 7772 Santa Monica blvd catered to this lifestyle.. selling anything and everything related that one human could do to another sexually...I used to take ride along there so they could see the tools of this lifestyle.. I opened the eyes of a Midwest fundamentalist ministers who rode along one time...bet he had plenty to tell his flock
I think for me a salient moment about the homosexual lifestyle that turned me off was a rescue call... we found a make hanging from a chain in the living room while his partner gave him amyl nitrate while they played with each other... the amyl nitrate blew the guys heart up.. so we got tasked with taking him down and trying CPR... in the days of HIV transmission not clearly understood it didn't happen well

To extend this behavior to marriage because a vocative well organized body of people want to redefine it... no thanks .. I've had enough exposure to the homosexual lifestyle for a lifetime... and I want nothing to do with legitimizing their behavior

Anything a social progressive wants I probably don't support.. as we dilute our traditions we will become desensitized to what makes common sense . The homosexual lifestyle means no procreation by default.. and as such unsustainable .

I believe this lifestyle will become legal nationwide... I also believe I will never support it... and no one can change my private thoughts... my time in West Hollywood made me want the normality of the ghetto...and the understanding I have never had any attraction to the same sex... thanks to a healthy upbringing and understanding of human sexuality. Alteration of ones body is unnatural..and ultimately damaging.
Your story sounds it could have taken place along Admiral Blvd in my hometown. Except Admiral Blvd is straight.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:20 PM

374 posts, read 568,941 times
Quote:
The U.S. has an estimated 300 million gay people and you're judging them by the behavior of one group of men experiencing their own sexual Rumspringa in one small city considered to be the gay male Disneyland? Wow. That would be akin to visiting the red light district in Amsterdam and leaving with the impression that all Dutch are hash-smoking hookers and johns.

Old 05-24-2015, 11:42 PM

424 posts, read 287,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
The decline of the west continues...
Move to Saudie Arabia then, no one's stopping you.

Yay for equality! Washington is next!

Old 05-24-2015, 11:52 PM

8,980 posts, read 8,120,601 times
I am fully heterosexual, and approve of this whole heatedly.

One of my grandsons was married today to his life partner as his state just made it legal in his state. I gave them my blessing for this union.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:10 AM

10,666 posts, read 9,051,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucrose View Post
The U.S. has an estimated 300 million gay people and you're judging them by the behavior of one group of men experiencing their own sexual Rumspringa in one small city considered to be the gay male Disneyland? Wow. That would be akin to visiting the red light district in Amsterdam and leaving with the impression that all Dutch are hash-smoking hookers and johns.
There's not 300 million gay people in the US, especially considering the population of the US is right around 320 million.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:18 AM

45,363 posts, read 17,992,440 times
Quote:
I worked West Hollywood station for five years of my career..
Nobody cares. I certainly don't.

If you want to be a bigot that is your right, but don't expect anyone else to accept it. Your personal anecdotes about how you somehow "suffered" at the hands of Gays and Lesbians all while ignoring the exact same things and worse going on in "straight" places of ill repute is hypocritical and disingenuous. Furthermore if you think sex houses in West Hollywood represents 99.9% of Gays & Lesbians in the USA then you are also ignorant as well. This despite presenting yourself as one of knowledge of the matter.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:54 AM

4,706 posts, read 3,620,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Even civil unions should not be tolerated. You're either married or you're not. To a member of the opposite gender that is.
This idea is slated for extinction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or