Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 11:29 PM

11,146 posts, read 10,915,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Birth control is very cheap and even free in many cases. It's intentionally not taken - each child = more $$. No excuses for this.
What does each child net per month these days... Something like $600 in welfare?

I mean, can you really blame them? Why would they want to work?

This goes for people of all colors around the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 04:31 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,404,710 times
^Don't forget earned income credit. File tax return, get big refund check even though not one dime of tax was ever paid in, go out and have a good time. Car dealers love it in February. It's the reason that every Walmart has a tax filing booth in the spring.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:40 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,724,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
^Don't forget earned income credit. File tax return, get big refund check even though not one dime of tax was ever paid in, go out and have a good time. Car dealers love it in February. It's the reason that every Walmart has a tax filing booth in the spring.
Not just Walmart. Come January, new "tax preparation agencies" (satellite welfare offices) pop up all over the place. April 15 may be Tax Day for taxpayers, but for EITC recipients it's a bonanza.

The EITC began under a Republican administration and, not surprisingly, has morphed into a behemoth redistribution program under Dems, particularly under Obama. There's a reason TPTB don't want people to do their own taxes--they might get a peek at those EITC "refund" tables, and see just what each additional child rakes in (complete with instructions to "attach paper for additional children").

Hold onto your wallets, folks.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:44 AM

277 posts, read 362,069 times
When you let them "blow off steam" as one person naively suggested, you foster an climate of lawlessness and that anything goes.

Baltimore Police Department: 28 Shot, 9 Fatally, During Memorial Day Weekend in City

Old 05-26-2015, 10:11 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,802,562 times
I think it is good for police to pull back a lot. Let the streets do their thing for a few years and see how that goes. I hope the police continually pull back hard. These people feel they can take care of themselves. Let them.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:05 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,404,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I think it is good for police to pull back a lot. Let the streets do their thing for a few years and see how that goes. I hope the police continually pull back hard. These people feel they can take care of themselves. Let them.
Baltimore will become a wasteland like large portions of Detroit and St. Louis. They will be sending in the bulldozers to push down the rubble.

Well. It seems that may happen anyway.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:41 PM

6,420 posts, read 9,735,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Well the mayor of Baltimore certainly pulled back. She was busy playing corn hole this weekend while her city was busy lol

Old 05-26-2015, 02:42 PM

44,961 posts, read 59,955,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
What does each child net per month these days... Something like $600 in welfare?

I mean, can you really blame them? Why would they want to work?

This goes for people of all colors around the U.S.
I've had foster parents tell me they get around $1000/month/kid plus Medicaid, EBT and FARM for them. There was a cottage industry of foster parenting in my (now former) school system a few years ago with people fostering 10 or 12 kids at the same time.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:57 PM

19,710 posts, read 11,965,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I've had foster parents tell me they get around $1000/month/kid plus Medicaid, EBT and FARM for them. There was a cottage industry of foster parenting in my (now former) school system a few years ago with people fostering 10 or 12 kids at the same time.
I would hate to live next door to anyone with 10-12 kids, especially if the children are cash cows for the adults.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:58 PM

545 posts, read 590,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I would hate to live next door to anyone with 10-12 kids, especially if the children are cash cows for the adults.
Me too! Would look like some dusty village in Zululand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events