Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 10:18 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
I always thought circumcision was a personal choice.

If this woman is being forced, is it her husband who had a court order?

Sorry, I didn't read through the thread and do not know if this is due to a court order.

My boys were done at birth not at 4 y/o. I imagine it would hurt like heck after the surgery to remove the foreskin.
She originally agreed to a family plan to have it done, but she changed her mind and fought there after to prevent it from happening. The father is arguing that he was diagnosed with a condition, which is caused by his foreskin, and the mother is claiming he does not have a condition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 10:21 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
She originally agreed to a family plan to have it done, but she changed her mind and fought there after to prevent it from happening. The father is arguing that he was diagnosed with a condition, which is caused by his foreskin, and the mother is claiming he does not have a condition.

Thank you.

I wonder if the dad and judge are aware of the risks for older children.

Quote:

When is circumcision done?

Circumcision is usually performed on the first or
second day after birth. (Among the Jewish population, circumcision is performed
on the eighth day.) The procedure becomes more complicated and riskier in older
babies, children, and men.
http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditio...e/circumcision

Last edited by Amythyst; 05-26-2015 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: added link/removed LEFT

Old 05-26-2015, 10:27 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Cases like this are where child advocates who are uninvolved volunteers ( I think it's called CASA) should be brought in. A neutral doctor should evaluate the child's urinary condition, and if surgery is required it should be performed under proper anesthesia. If a medical condition does not exist, it is a cosmetic procedure, and the CASA advocate should plea that the courts allow this decision to be made when the child reaches adulthood.

Just my opinion, but I get pretty pissed when warring adults use their child as a battering ram against each other.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Thank you.

I wonder if the dad and judge are aware of the risks for older children.

Circumcision: Get the Facts, Benefits, Risks & More
He has a condition. That is the purpose he is claiming for him pushing for the procedure. If you have to have a procedure to fix a condition there will always be risk involved. The mother fighting this in court has prolonged this.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Cases like this are where child advocates who are uninvolved volunteers ( I think it's called CASA) should be brought in. A neutral doctor should evaluate the child's urinary condition, and if surgery is required it should be performed under proper anesthesia. If a medical condition does not exist, it is a cosmetic procedure, and the CASA advocate should plea that the courts allow this decision to be made when the child reaches adulthood.

Just my opinion, but I get pretty pissed when warring adults use their child as a battering ram against each other.
I agree. It's not good for the child. His best interests are being lost in a situation that is becoming political. He deserves to have what's best done for him.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:06 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,447,861 times
Circumcisions are free of charge the Rabbis work for tips.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:17 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
What would you call chopping off a part of your penis at birth?
An improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Circumcisions are free of charge the Rabbis work for tips.
What did the leper say to the prostitute? Keep the tip.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:29 AM

1,136 posts, read 923,435 times
Quote:
What the media isn't really mentioning though:

Sun Sentinel
No the people who are siding with the mother are claiming the father either went doctor shopping to get the diagnosis he wanted or he is lying.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:31 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
I'm assuming the father must have been able to present documentation of the boy's condition? I truly hope so because as sad as this whole mess is, it would be even worse to have the procedure done just so one parent gets his own way. I'm pretty much middle-of-the-road when it comes to circumcision (one of my boys is circ'd, the other is not); I don't think it is "mutilation" or anything, but I do believe having it done later for cosmetic reason is unnecessarily cruel.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
No the people who are siding with the mother are claiming the father either went doctor shopping to get the diagnosis he wanted or he is lying.
And how would anyone know if it's true or not? The judge was satisfied with the father's evidence that he had a condition which prompted him to force the mother to sign off on the circumcision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events