Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 04:42 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

I was at a Design center last week and a middle age really big butt woman was there wearing a pair of yoga pants that were 2 sizes to small.

Her wearing those pants was truly a sin (and really gross). Maybe that's what the Bishop meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 05:10 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Yoga pants can be considered perverse. They really accent and outline 'cracks', as well as, being skin tight in most cases, as if a woman practicing Yoga has to worry about things like drag and resistance with that form of exercise.

A priest, pastor, nun, cop, judge, athiest, pimp, drugdealer, doctor, agnostic, lawyer, cashier, complete sociopath, etc are all entitled to opinions.

It seems to me that Catholics are among the most abused in society. This is probably because it is such an old and large, worldwide form of Christianity - 'The King of the Hill' so to speak.

There is nothing either good or bad associated with that church that you cannot find on an equal level in other social communities - but, haters love their hate - it's YOURS that can't be tolerated.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:18 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Your opinion is no better than any other poster on here get off your high horse about Christianity. Talk about arrogance. chill out read your bible. Buddhism has aspects about it that are just as interesting as Christianity in my opinion. Yoga isn't my thing but to each his own. Priests get mocked all the time they should be used to it, big deal active Catholics talk crap about priests all the time I grew up in the Church I know what they're about.
I found her post to be more factual than opinion.
I often get asked if I do yoga. Maybe it's because I'm slim? I don't do yoga mainly because of the ties to eastern religion. I'm a Bible believing Christian. The Bible says to "meditate on the Word" and "pray without ceasing". We should all be cautious about emptying our minds. Satan has no physical power over us but he can affect our thoughts, putting doubt and yoga-pants thoughts in our heads. :P

If you don't believe in the Bible then you aren't particularly concerned about whether practicing yoga is sinning or not. Waking up and living in this world every day causes us to sin, actually. ALL of us. We all need forgiveness every day.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:30 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,866 times
Id love to see the internet browser history of said bishop....

Old 05-27-2015, 06:10 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,689,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I got news for you. Sunday worship actually started as a pagan day of worship (for the Sun God, Apollo, Duh!). Real Christians way back when do not do thiping on Sunday because it is a pagan day of worship.

Also, Dec 25 is Apollo's birthday. Anyone celebrating Christmas is in reality celebrating a pagan ritual.

We can dwell on these stupid rituals that started centuries ago but has since lost its paganess or we can be dumb. Just note that by that standard, even Christianity today is diluted.
This post is rediculous.. just because two events happend or are celebrated on the same day doesnt mean anyone who celebrates one will also be celebrating the other as well by default.

Also agree that he isnt necessary right wing either.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:11 AM

983 posts, read 994,528 times
I guess the Catholic Church is running out of steam on gay marriage, so it's yoga next.

Repent sinners, throw away those yoga pants!!!

Old 05-27-2015, 06:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Yoga is no more a sin than a criminal receiving Confession.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:51 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
I am Protestant, not Catholic but there is one Lord, one faith, and one baptism so all believers in Christ are united in one body, the church. While you guys arrogantly mock and sneer at what the Catholic Bishop stated, he is right and you are wrong.

Yoga is a spiritual practice based originating from India and based on spiritual practices from their religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. Do your own research if you don't believe it. Yoga was introduced to the West in the 1800's and people were attracted to it because it was "exotic". It has over the last few decades became more popular. Most Americans practicing yoga have no idea of its spiritual roots or what they're opening themselves up to when they chant the names of the gods of those religions. Yoga is not just a simple set of physical exercises even if that is how it is introduced to you. The more advanced a person becomes in yoga the more they will be lead to tap into the spiritual dynamics of the false religions from which yoga is based. That will lead you further and further away from the true faith of Jesus Christ (although at least one poster has already proudly bragged about being a heathen) into spiritual darkness and deceit which is part and parcel of pagan worship also known as false religion(s).

True.

And let me add what the 300 people who viewed this thread but didn't comment probably wanted to say.

Despite the inflammatory right-wing bishop [sacre bleu!] headline, this particular man is simply a [gasp!] traditionalist. Big deal. I know this is anathema to people into I'm okay, you're okay religions, hootenanny Masses, and the "cafeteria choice" branch of Catholicism, but there are Catholics who don't think that the church has to change with every whim. The lukewarm church might as well be no church. Someone once said that those who complain about the church's teachings will depart, leaving the faithful behind. Okay, then.

And the consistently mean-spirited Stephen Foster needs some serious couch time.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:00 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I found her post to be more factual than opinion.
I often get asked if I do yoga. Maybe it's because I'm slim? I don't do yoga mainly because of the ties to eastern religion. I'm a Bible believing Christian. The Bible says to "meditate on the Word" and "pray without ceasing". We should all be cautious about emptying our minds. Satan has no physical power over us but he can affect our thoughts, putting doubt and yoga-pants thoughts in our heads. :P

If you don't believe in the Bible then you aren't particularly concerned about whether practicing yoga is sinning or not. Waking up and living in this world every day causes us to sin, actually. ALL of us. We all need forgiveness every day.
The bolded part in the post below is what I was responding to, this forum isn't a church even though a few Jesus freaks like to post on here, I was responding to her preaching and proselytizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
I am Protestant, not Catholic but there is one Lord, one faith, and one baptism so all believers in Christ are united in one body, the church. While you guys arrogantly mock and sneer at what the Catholic Bishop stated, he is right and you are wrong.

Yoga is a spiritual practice based originating from India and based on spiritual practices from their religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. Do your own research if you don't believe it. Yoga was introduced to the West in the 1800's and people were attracted to it because it was "exotic". It has over the last few decades became more popular. Most Americans practicing yoga have no idea of its spiritual roots or what they're opening themselves up to when they chant the names of the gods of those religions. Yoga is not just a simple set of physical exercises even if that is how it is introduced to you. The more advanced a person becomes in yoga the more they will be lead to tap into the spiritual dynamics of the false religions from which yoga is based. That will lead you further and further away from the true faith of Jesus Christ (although at least one poster has already proudly bragged about being a heathen) into spiritual darkness and deceit which is part and parcel of pagan worship also known as false religion(s).

Last edited by AFP; 05-27-2015 at 07:12 AM..

Old 05-27-2015, 07:07 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,099,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
Isn't christianity already based on pagan beliefs like christmas and easter
Not true Christianity....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events