Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 05:42 PM

1,136 posts, read 916,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
Stupid photo. Staged or not.

But there are more important things to worry about. People are being murdered, and people oversees are trying to murder us.

But social media will be in uproar for 2 weeks because the guy wearing the antlers is black.

The uproar when the blacks were running around and knocking out random white people in the "knockout game" wasn't trending like this stupid photo is.
Oddly enough this is the only place I have seen this story trending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 05:46 PM

Its a current event because the second officer was fired for this photo in 2013 I believe. He is taking the department to court to get his job back which is why the photo is just now being released. The other cop lead several other cops or a robbery spree and is now serving a 15 year sentence.

Last edited by Marka; 05-29-2015 at 06:49 AM..

Old 05-28-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Great that the media needs to dredge up a 15 year old story to fan some more race flames. Media hasn't had a juicy race story to sink their fanfs into since Baltimore. Sinking to new lows to drum up ratings for the summer riots they are trying to spark.
The media did drudge this up. The officer's suing the department to get his job back did.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:52 PM

19,702 posts, read 11,958,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Its a current event because the second officer was fired for this photo in 2013 I believe. He is taking the department to court to get his job back which is why the photo is just now being released. The other cop lead several other cops or a robbery spree and is now serving a 15 year sentence.
Well that certainly makes it current.

The photo is for the sole purpose to inflame and incite.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Well that certainly makes it current.

The photo is for the sole purpose to inflame and incite.
He is currently suing the department for firing him. I think he is having a hearing today actually. Is today not current enough for you? The picture was only released because it is a part of his lawsuit against the department.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:48 PM

10,163 posts, read 20,705,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
This isn't about media dredging up an old photo to fan "race flames".

This is exactly the same kind of photo that KKK members proudly took of a dead black man hanging from a tree back in the "good ole days" of Southern lynchings.

Please tell me you aren't that stupid to realize the similarities of racism here?
Stupid? Nope, not at all. But I'm not blind either. I know what the media is trying to accomplish here. If you are too ignorant or dense to see the patterns in the news, then wipe the fog from your glasses and put the Kool-Aid down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events