Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 12:10 PM

269 posts, read 783,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
Somebody need to stop these thugs! How are we suppose to respect bikers. This will turn ugly

In Arizona, Bikers Plan Armed Protest Outside of Mosque |
You do realize ISIL thought " somebody needs to stop these thugs" in regards to the Draw Mohammed Convention, and that the bikers thought " somebody needs to stop these thugs" in regards to Islam. Just thought I would point out the irony…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 12:11 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
How exactly do you know this.......considering thousands of people attend that mosque without any incident and out of all those people, two nutjobs decided to go on a shooting spree, which they completely failed at, the proof that this mosque is "radicalizing" people is pretty weak.
It was interesting that when the Iman of this Mosque was interviewed he was very apologetic that people who attended his peaceful Mosque would do something so sinister.

Interestingly enough he also said he warned his congregation that there was an FBI informant among his congregation, and to be careful what they said around the Informant. If his congregation was so innocent why would he warn them not to say anything around an FBI informent?

Old 05-29-2015, 12:19 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityBassWorks View Post
wow these bikers are beyond stupid.... It's people like this why I would never live in the southern US.....
"wow", and it's reasons like this that I would never live in Portland, Or.

America?s Unhappiest Cities: Portland, Ore. - BusinessWeek

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/21/ma...oung.html?_r=1

Old 05-29-2015, 12:25 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatless Wonder View Post
In Saudi Arabia, yes. In Syria, which currently has a civil war, probably. In Qatar, Bahrain, the UAE, Turkey Lebanon, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, or several other Middle Eastern countries, Christians are allowed to worship freely. They may be ignored, but they aren't actively suppressed.

The Middle East is not Saudi Arabia, any more than America is rural southern FLDS Utah.
Wrong!
Country of Concern: Turkey Suppressing Christian Worship - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

Violence Against Copts in Egypt - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

Shattered Christian Minorities in the Middle East

Old 05-29-2015, 12:27 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,539,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
When will people learn that not all muslims are terrorists? lol
Probably the same day they learn that:

All Black people are not rioting thugs
All White people are not smug minority-hating racists
All Asian people are not smart
All Latinos are not illegal immigrant fruit pickers

etc....etc....

in other words, never

Old 05-29-2015, 12:29 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Islamic terrorism in Texas, so they're going to protest an an Islamic Community Center in Phoenix?

That makes about as much as sense as responding to the Olympics terrorist bombing in Atlanta in 1996 by protesting at church somewhere in North Carolina.

Oh, well, it's a free country, and people are free to do pointless things that make themselves feel good and righteous...
It's the Mosque where the two Texas dead jihadi guys attended.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityBassWorks View Post
wow these bikers are beyond stupid.... It's people like this why I would never live in the southern US.....

Also just realized, doesn't this violate the first amendment as the members of the mosque will be unable to peacefully practice their religion that day...... ah the paradox....
I don't know, y'all have a pretty boisterous group of bikers there in Portland,OR do you not?
Granted the best they can do is bicycles but are "bikers" none the less...

Thousands of naked bicyclists stage festive Portland protest ride | Reuters

Old 05-29-2015, 12:47 PM

733 posts, read 853,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Either you aren't that old, or you are new to this country. Or both.

Regardless, you haven't lived here long enough to "have seen it all." Live long enough in the U.S. and you just might see it all. It's all here.

I am both armed and an atheist.

I'm not flamboyant and in-your-face about my beliefs like the nut taking an AR-15 into a family restaurant for no reason other than to be shocking, nor am I the annoying atheist who complains about people praying on a courthouse lawn.

I am an armed atheist, a veteran, and a liberal. I'm also a husband, a father, a football fan, a beer drinker, and many other things. Labels are dumb. Break into my house tonight and see what a "bleeding heart" I am.

A "walking contradiction?" Only if you believe in the absurd absolutes you are sold by Limbaugh and the talking heads on Fox News.

This country does have all kinds.
I believe the post was meant more in the vein of "marauding bands of armed atheists" or "large threatening groups of armed atheists."

Old 05-29-2015, 01:36 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Armed atheists? Get real.
Kinda funny considering the guy organizing this event is exactly that.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:42 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post

Would you support a KKK rally outside a synagogue?

Or a group of armed atheists marching outside a Christian church during Sunday services?

Both with the goal of creating a violent confrontation?
I fully support their freedom of speech to do so, as long as they don't start actual violence. I even support the freedom of armed radical Islamists to do that outside of a Christian church.

However, I also think it's a terrible idea to try to provoke possible armed conflict between Muslims and everyone else ...... I mean more than is currently the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events