Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 05:08 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme
Well, police are not hired for their high intellect......charge him with 2 counts of murdering police officers that were smarter than him.
Its sad they couldnt somehow break the glass or someone else didnt SMASH IT @ least so they had air!!!!!!

Poor things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 05:15 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Its sad they couldnt somehow break the glass or someone else didnt SMASH IT @ least so they had air!!!!!!

Poor things
There would've been 2 dogs and a dead person if someone would've smashed the windows.

Or one dead person and 2 live dogs. Depending on when the officer got back

Old 05-28-2015, 05:18 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
He is an officer he should be given he benefit of the doubt. It was just a mistake. He got in the job to protect others sow some respect. I bet you would be fine if a black person did it. Obama.

Did I miss any excuses?
I have no idea where you got the idea about a black person and the President. People who make judgments about posters who they do not know come off as not being very smart, and, quite often, foolish.

Anyway, there are mistakes and then there are deadly mistakes. A police officer is held to a higher standard than the average person and that will always be the case. Partners have each other's backs. This was not just a mistake like the officer forgot lunch. The officer should have realized that the dogs were missing. That is part of the job.

And, please make no more judgments about me.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:19 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
There would've been 2 dogs and a dead person if someone would've smashed the windows.

Or one dead person and 2 live dogs. Depending on when the officer got back
Only if he was black. If you want to keep up with your victim agenda you might as well be consistent.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:19 PM

50,710 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He returned from his shift around midnight and did not discover them until 7 pm. These poor dogs perished in South Florida. What a horrible way for them to die.

The officer was responsible for the deaths of the dogs which I believe are considered police officers so he should be charged as such. Obviously he completely forgot about them although I don't understand how he did not notice their missing presence all day until 7 pm.
He was probably sleeping. I don't know what is usual routine was with them, but chances are they were alseep in the back, it was very early in the morning after working night shift. I feel the guy wa sprobably half asleep and the dogs asleep and quiet and he just went in and crashed and didn't wake up and then remember until it was too late.

In the pics they have along with the story, it appears the guy loved them and had a good relationship with them.
I think this could be just a terrible, terrible accidental tragedy, like when a distracted parent does this. I would bet he feels much worse than any punishment will make him feel. Those poor, poor babies, though.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:30 PM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Only if he was black. If you want to keep up with your victim agenda you might as well be consistent.

Maybe the dogs were black ?

Old 05-28-2015, 06:59 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Maybe the dogs were black ?
Oh the irony!!!!

Old 05-28-2015, 07:13 PM

1,136 posts, read 922,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I have no idea where you got the idea about a black person and the President. People who make judgments about posters who they do not know come off as not being very smart, and, quite often, foolish.

Anyway, there are mistakes and then there are deadly mistakes. A police officer is held to a higher standard than the average person and that will always be the case. Partners have each other's backs. This was not just a mistake like the officer forgot lunch. The officer should have realized that the dogs were missing. That is part of the job.

And, please make no more judgments about me.
Umm i was being sarcastic and actually agreed with you. Those are the usual excuses people trot out when ever a cop does something wrong. For some people even if an officer does something wrong just being an officer is an excuse. The Obama part was me making fun of people who bring the president into conversations that have nothing to do with him. Lol someone actually brought up the president in thread about prostitues in newyork the other day. My post was all just a joke.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:13 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
There are so many stupid, brain dead people in South Florida that some are bound to end up as cops.

Honestly--the stupidity you see here on a daily basis is just unreal.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:14 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,699,285 times
This was a really horrible, horrible mistake by that officer. He's going to get fired - and maybe even charged with some sort of low level crime or a neglect related civil offense.

And none of that will compare with the hell he is going to put himself through, allowing his two partners to die because of his own mistake, if he was a true K-9 officer.

For a very short time, I was one. It is a bond you cannot believe.

(1979 joined K-9 program. One month later, chief found dog hair in the squad cars. End of K-9 program.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events