U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 08:15 PM

3,064 posts, read 5,604,839 times

Advertisements

Maybe the FBI will catch him using the NSA's copies of CSPAN'S phone records.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 08:18 PM

14,735 posts, read 10,636,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
one day we will find an honest politician, no seriously. we will...well... someday.
Jimmy Carter was an honest politician. Inept, but honest. I have often wondered if his honestly was part of the reason he struggled as a leader. Depressing commentary to make, isn't it?

Old 05-29-2015, 08:24 PM

19,521 posts, read 20,910,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Jimmy Carter was an honest politician. Inept, but honest. I have often wondered if his honestly was part of the reason he struggled as a leader. Depressing commentary to make, isn't it?
Certainly helps to explain Clinton I

Old 05-29-2015, 10:16 PM

4,824 posts, read 2,574,801 times
Quote:
Most likely guilty of blackmail. It will be interesting to see if person A is charged with that crime.
...or just as likely, an arrangement not dissimilar to a non-disclosure agreement initiated by Hastert.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:00 AM

14,487 posts, read 17,366,287 times
Move along folks, there's nothing to see here.
Well...there is nothing NEW to see here.
It's just another in a long string of hypocritical right-wingers who do the same things for which they castigate others. Let's see...the ones who come to mind readily are...Newt Gingrich, Bob Livingston, David Vitter, Rudy Giuliani, and now Dennis Hastert. However, there have been others and I will have to plumb the depths of my memory in order to recall them.

Regarding Hastert, what I find particularly hypocritical is that he criticized Clinton for sexual acts that were committed by consenting adults, while his own sexual acts were apparently performed with a minor.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:57 AM

51,993 posts, read 41,825,420 times
Quote:
^^^THis.

I've often said Jimmy Carter is one of the few politicians I'd buy a used car from.

One of the greatest weapons a president has is the bluff....and then being prepared to back it up if called out.

Carter's negotiation of the "nuclear disarmament of North Korea" where he showed that his poker playing skills were lacking....
Agreed Framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was touted as one of the major accomplishments of his career and of course the Clinton presidency.

If NK ever pops a nuke off on SK or Japan in the next 50 years....it's going to leave a giant skid-mark on their presidential legacies.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:59 AM

51,993 posts, read 41,825,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Move along folks, there's nothing to see here.
Well...there is nothing NEW to see here.
It's just another in a long string of hypocritical right-wingers who do the same things for which they castigate others. Let's see...the ones who come to mind readily are...Newt Gingrich, Bob Livingston, David Vitter, Rudy Giuliani, and now Dennis Hastert. However, there have been others and I will have to plumb the depths of my memory in order to recall them.

Regarding Hastert, what I find particularly hypocritical is that he criticized Clinton for sexual acts that were committed by consenting adults, while his own sexual acts were apparently performed with a minor.

Very very few politicians of either party aren't hypocritical lying sacks of crap.

The question now is just how long Hastert is going away to prison.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:16 AM

9,984 posts, read 6,768,006 times
Hastert was likely involved in child abuse.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:16 AM

4,824 posts, read 2,574,801 times
The delicious part of all this is once again, like Al Capone, who wasn't tagged for murder but tax evasion, like Richard Nixon, who wasn't tagged for pi$$ing on the constitution but for the cover up, Hastert appears to be getting tagged not for diddling boys but for breaking banking laws. Hubris will get you every time.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:58 AM

5,641 posts, read 17,318,435 times
IL land of the corrupt politician....
What I do not get about these egomaniac politicians, do they really think that these really bad indiscretions will NEVER come to light at some point? These incidences took place before he got into the political arena. Yet he put himself in this position. As is the case with a lot of pols.

I have to live in this state, we all truly hate the politicians here. Like the Al Capone thing... that is so true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events