Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 07:52 PM

573 posts, read 585,773 times

Advertisements

I've gotten to the point where nothing they say surprises me. They are pure poison, and it is going to take a lot of work to undo the mess they have gotten us into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 07:57 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
Smores without chocolate and marshmallows are just effing graham crackers.....

Old 05-29-2015, 08:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
I've gotten to the point where nothing they say surprises me. They are pure poison, and it is going to take a lot of work to undo the mess they have gotten us into.
Well enjoy your Smores while you can. Obama is signing an Executive Order banning them tomorrow.

Right after he gets your guns

Old 05-29-2015, 08:21 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well enjoy your Smores while you can. Obama is signing an Executive Order banning them tomorrow.

Right after he gets your guns
Then Hillary comes after your testosterone

Old 05-29-2015, 08:29 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Oh, good grief, she didn't say anything about traditional S'mores being bad - she just offered a new recipe and called it a "strawberry S'more".

Just like blonde brownies are not made with chocolate, so they aren't really brownies. Do people get this upset about that contradiction??

Relax, people, and drop the political slant. No one's trying to ban traditional chocolate/marshmallow/graham cracker S'mores. This is just an additional recipe. Not even an alternative recipe...

Of course, those who chose to put a political slant on it will do so. Why not use all that concern and energy more productively and more positively, and leave out the slander and slant??

Old 05-30-2015, 12:10 AM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Moochelle is ridiculous. Why can't she drop these silly ideas of hers, people will eat what they want to eat.

I'd rather see her take up the cause of her fellow black folks and get to the root problem of race relations, police relations, lack of education and joblessness. Moochelle should appeal to all the single black mothers out there that struggle to keep their teenage kids off the streets and out of trouble. The number one problem in the black community is the break down of the family unit. Moochelle should appeal to the teenage girls to not have sex and if they do to use a condom. She should be working to build their self esteem so they believe their worth goes beyond their bodies.

Leave the smores alone and do some real good for once.

1. eating healthy food is not a "silly idea". Nor is it subversive.

2. Prediction - neither of the Obama girls will become pregnant out of wedlock. It is the conservatives in congress who do not want to make birth control accessible to teenagers because of their antiquated beliefs. Mrs. Obama does not make public policy.

3. The red states are where you will find the most obesity - and unwed pregnant teens. Google it.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:11 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I understand that it's uncomfortable to be caught in a lie and identified as a hypocrite .... If it were me, I'd call it a day...
I do notice that as much as you have tried to dismiss this topic as pure nonsense, it certainly seems to have held great interest for you as demonstrated by the current post count.

People say many things about themselves but it's their actions that matter. Hypocrite & Lies indeed.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 05-30-2015 at 03:55 AM..

Old 05-30-2015, 03:23 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

ps, about the thread title: yes, the headline comes from some right-wing nut publication. That still doesn't make it true, as you know, because that headline is a lie.

Still waiting for the official 'mandate' you keep mentioning...got a link? Should be on some .gov website, right?
Ahh. So S'mores is a left vs right political issue for you. That explains it.

As for the second remark, I already gave it to you directly from Whitehouse.gov.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 05-30-2015 at 03:32 AM..

Old 05-30-2015, 05:26 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh. So S'mores is a left vs right political issue for you. That explains it.

As for the second remark, I already gave it to you directly from Whitehouse.gov.
No, it's not right vs. left for me, it is for you, though. YOU made it a left vs. right issue. The entire premise of your thread was to show that those 'lefties' in the White House are attempting to fundamentally change S'mores and how intrusive into our lives they are. <<<snicker>>>

As for your mandate? What did you show? A tweet of a recipe? I didn't catch the mandate. Is it one of the ingredients? Maybe your tactic is to be so extremely obtuse as to frustrate other posters and force them to say something that will get them banned from C-D for a while?

'tis a puzzlement!

In any case, this thread has been entertaining, at your expense, however.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:35 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Kids aren't fat because they have a smore or two. That's silly.

Kids are fat because portion sizes and snacking are out of control. Also kids are more sedentary. People are used to eating larger and larger portions.

I had a school party at 1:00. The kids had school lunch at 12:00. The parents brought pizza, chips, ice cream, cupcakes, and juice. The thinner kids took one of each. The overweight kids took slice after slice of pizza. One cupcake was not enough...they needed two or three. The same with the ice cream. They wanted a sundae in a bowl and an ice cream cone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events