Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2015, 11:04 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I can assure you that I have no such power
Of course you don't; that's obvious!

Ta ta!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 11:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, it's not right vs. left for me, it is for you, though. YOU made it a left vs. right issue. The entire premise of your thread was to show that those 'lefties' in the White House are attempting to fundamentally change S'mores and how intrusive into our lives they are. <<<snicker>>>

As for your mandate? What did you show? A tweet of a recipe? I didn't catch the mandate. Is it one of the ingredients? Maybe your tactic is to be so extremely obtuse as to frustrate other posters and force them to say something that will get them banned from C-D for a while?

'tis a puzzlement!

In any case, this thread has been entertaining, at your expense, however.
It HAS been entertaining! Thanks to everyone for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Buzz kill? That is you flat out calling me a liar. The word hypocritical is also yours and yet another accusation that you made in this light hearted topic. For you, it's obviously not, because your behavior is that of a ...... well I'm sure you can come up with the word.

So as much as you like to spin your actions here as something as fun & games your actions say otherwise. This topic upset you and as the post count above demonstrates you have tried everything in the book to discredit it and me. So if there is a joke, I'm the one laughing at you for making such silly attempt and failing so badly at it.

It's S'mores son, not a political campaign.
Sounds like you're upset. Nothing about your posts have been lighthearted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I notice that Michelle Obama has a knack for making 'healthy' eating seem as joyless as possible.

If she was smart, she'd realize that yogurt has just as much if not more sugar than marshmallows. And unlike yogurt, marshmallows are dairy-free. Hence 'healthy' rather than healthy.

If she really has to be a nanny about it, at least suggest using whole grain graham crackers (fiber), dark chocolate (antioxidants), leaving the marshmallows in, and perhaps ADDING strawberry or banana.
I actually think these are better substitutions! But not all yogurt is dairy (soy, coconut milk, etc); and definitely look for low sugar.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:47 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Recipe

1. Rinse 2 strawberries in water.

2. Slice the strawberries.

3. Break 1 graham cracker in half.

4. Add 2 tablespoons of low fat yogurt and the sliced strawberries to 1/2 of graham cracker.

5. Top with the other 1/2 of graham cracker.

I went through 20 strawberries, 20 tablespoons of yogurt, and 10 crackers, and for the life of me, I couldn't get the strawberries and yogurt to stay within the cracker. I enjoyed the effort.
That's what I wondered. I love yogurt, especially lemon flavored. But in its little cup its fine. Unless you freeze it first, its never going to say on that cracker. Sounds like a recipe for making a mess.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:04 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
SIGH...the obesity of Americans and their demands to remain obese.

The First Lady is simply giving a recipe on something a little less obesity-oriented. No more and no less. What's next, you're going to start crying that the recipe also discourages gun-buying behaviors?

Old 05-30-2015, 12:17 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sounds like you're upset. Nothing about your posts have been lighthearted.
No not upset at all but I am tired of personal attacks on the messenger because you don't like the message and thinly veiled attempts to discredit the topic. So please stick to the topic instead of trying to make it about me.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
That's what I wondered. I love yogurt, especially lemon flavored. But in its little cup its fine. Unless you freeze it first, its never going to say on that cracker. Sounds like a recipe for making a mess.
Yep. What I said earlier. Not exactly a bad treat, but in a cup. Give it to a kid like suggested and it's going everywhere.

In any case, it's not a substitute for a S'more.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:37 PM

LOL!

Just like here. Story is getting all kinds of attention.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:48 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
OMG this is so funny. She posted a little fun summer recipe and people are out for blood. LOL seriously...y'all are making me giggle over here.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:01 PM

687 posts, read 915,092 times
Isn't the Grahm Cracker the most calorific part of a smore? Useless carbs that don't even taste good and aren't filling. Would rather just have the chocolate, which may even be more nutritious.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:27 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
OMG this is so funny. She posted a little fun summer recipe and people are out for blood. LOL seriously...y'all are making me giggle over here.
Even funnier? No one seems to be grasping that SHE DIDN'T POST IT! Yet somehow this means she's banning chocolate/marshmallow s'mores.

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events