Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 03:15 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
..... I won't even get started on how all of you people attacking Michelle Obama choose to ignore the fact that she's just trying to get children to start making healthier decisions and form healthier food habits...Well, make a stupid topic...
So you believe that attacking people here instead for expressing opinion is better plan? Read on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
..... Nothing like Coca-Cola (which is pure sugar liquid, with no nutrients, and will cause an insulin reaction).
And there you are. She would be using her position to shame Coke, Pepsi/Tropicana, and many others to stop marketing their sugar water to kids.

If the first lady really wants to do something about child hood obesity, she would be making an aggressive push for parents to stop giving soda (once considered a treat just for adults) to kids as a routine drink. Or "juice drinks" which are mostly sugar disguised as something healthy for kids in those pretty, huge packaging waste, containers. But this means kicking the powerful corporations in the pants and there is no way she is going to do that.

The S'mores thing is nothing more than window dressing in comparison. Waste of tax dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 03:21 AM

110 posts, read 86,634 times
I think we need to ponder the way we use media in this thread.
Look at the facts:
An agency endorsed by MO posts a tweet about a recipe.

Media:
"MO wants to ban S'Mores."

No, the White House doesn't want to ban s'mores. They don't want to oblige you to do anything. The people from that agency just posted something they found interesting and might help parents who want to offer something else.

Whether you're for or against MO, this is the issue: Media will twist facts to get clicks and reads. Because it generates advertisement income...

I believe in democracy. I don't like Obama but I accept and respect him and his administration because whether you like it or not, a majority of Americans voted for him. So please, let's stop bickering. Our nation is in shambles...

Old 06-01-2015, 04:05 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
The girl scouts were thought to start the smores tradition, and as far as I know they still camp.
The girl scouts as far as I know represent a small percentage of the population, but its cool they camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't think the yogurt substitution is a very good idea. It takes three hours for the kids and I to hike up to Lake Minnehaha. Then, it takes another couple of hours to set up the tent and get a camp fire going. If not refrigerated, yogurt will go bad after a couple of hours. At least marshmallows won't give everyone the trots. I'm not lugging a cooler up there, it's hard enough with full backpacks and fishing poles.
LOL, but if they are camping in the living room, the yogurt should stay okay.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:33 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,269,198 times
30 pages about a health conscious FLOTUS POV statement???!

I wonder what would have happened if she told you to eat your peas?

Old 06-01-2015, 04:36 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
30 pages about a health conscious FLOTUS POV statement???!

I wonder what would have happened if she told you to eat your peas?
The plan is to distract from serious issues and to keep Americans divided.

Waldo's whole purpose is to keep Americans from uniting and solving problems.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:14 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Waldo's whole purpose is to keep Americans from uniting and solving problems.
LOL!

Sorry sir, I don't have those delusions.

But if I did, I would certainly pick a better plan than posting a media link about S'mores.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:23 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
ATG5, Calidog, Finsterrufus, Ringo1 and anyone else on this list.

Thank you for participating in my topic. It's been very entertaining for me as well. You are all very fine people, I'm sure.

You're very welcome! I'm sure there will be more to come. Oh, and it's Cali Doll, but I do love doggies! I have an English Bulldog and she's the sweetest dog ever.

Good day!

Old 06-01-2015, 06:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Thanks for the vegetarian-friendly recipe!

Old 06-01-2015, 07:30 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post
smores wil be around a lot longer than obamas.
thank god!!!

Old 06-01-2015, 07:33 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Who cares about the science behind the advice...what matters is that it appears she gives a damn about what people eat.
Maybe she should give a damn IF people can eat, like all the homeless vets in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events