Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 11:11 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And yet you continue to post in this topic that you seem to completely have dismissed as nonsense. You even attempted to criticize for linking the article. Let that sink in.

(I will give you credit for being much more civil about it than others who take offense and only offer insult in response.)

----------------------------------

No doubt it doesn't taste bad, but it does seem stupid to attempt to make a S'more out of it. It's going to fall apart as soon as you try to eat it like that. No way would I hand that mess to a kid. I say just skip that gimmick, put some yogurt in a cup, mix in a cracker and fruit and give that to them instead as a snack.

Save the real S'mores as a treat, as intended, after a day of outside activities where there's plenty of exercise to be had.

Why wouldn't I post in this thread?? This is certainly news and a current event! (I guess you missed the part in parenthesis)

Damn the TPP, 'daily shootings, killings, completely corrupt politicians, huge budget problems, and a slowly dying economy', that all should take a third-row backseat to this!

It may fall apart, but the same thing happens when I have a Chipotle burrito, and it's still delicious. I'll just remove the strawberry from the top, and break the graham crackers down to bite size form to fit the strawberry.

Ooo, that's brilliant, WK, you just helped make Michelle's idea EVEN BETTER!

Quick, someone tweet that to First Lady Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 11:14 AM

781 posts, read 736,362 times
Yeah well she kiss my a** directly on the crack. I'll eat whatever the hell I GD'ed want to.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:16 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
Yeah well she kiss my a** directly on the crack. I'll eat whatever the hell I GD'ed want to.
Thank goodness for tough guys!!!! The S'mores will live to see another day!!!!

Old 05-29-2015, 11:22 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Why wouldn't I post in this thread?? This is certainly news and a current event! (I guess you missed the part in parenthesis)
Oh I welcome it.

People have started several topics in Current Events about all the posts being about crime, thuggery, disgusting human behavior, etc etc etc. So here is one about dessert & treats and yet we still get complaint from some. Well, some people just can't be pleased. No matter.

People posting in this topic, whether they agree or disagree with it, want to demonstrate they are class clowns are all welcome and proof enough that it was relevant and interesting.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 05-29-2015 at 11:40 AM..

Old 05-29-2015, 11:24 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
It seems that we need more real estate for Loony Bin Island.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Thank goodness for tough guys!!!! The S'mores will live to see another day!!!!

Stay out of my kitchen, Obama!

Old 05-29-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Oh I welcome it.

People have made started several topics in Current Events about all the posts being about crime, thuggery, disgusting human behavior, etc etc etc. So here is one about dessert & treats and yet we still get complaint from some. Well, some people just can't be pleased. No matter.

People posting in this topic, whether they agree or disagree with it, want to demonstrate they are class clowns are all welcome and proof enough that it was relevant and interesting.
Considering your OP of this thread is a complaint, it shouldn't be too surprising that there are complainers in this thread, eh?

Quote:
This, after such success in ruining the school lunch program. I'm doubtful this will change the waistline of one fat person in America. The White House loony bin gets loonier.......

I can't believe you edited out the rest of my po...well, actually, I can believe you edited out the rest of my post.

But seriously? You noted how easily these snacks will fall apart, but bite-sized strawberry S'mores...I think Michelle would adore that idea!

Maybe you and Michelle can put out your own recipe book.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:38 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
This has probably already been suggested but will they call them N'mores.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:41 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I can't believe people are actually making a big deal about a recipe she posted.

Oh wait, yeah I can.

It's a freaking recipe. If you're not interested, move on. It's not like she's trying to get chocolate and marshmallow s'mores outlawed. She's offering a healthier OPTION. Oh, the horrors!

And yes, strawberries and yogurt are healthier than milk chocolate and marshmallow, no matter how you slice it.
If she wanted to make it really more nutritious and delicious she would just swap the marshmallows for the strawberries and the milk chocolate for dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants and so are strawberries. If you're going to consume the calories & carbs, make 'em count! Both in flavor and nutrition. That's my motto.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:49 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Considering your OP of this thread is a complaint, it shouldn't be too surprising that there are complainers in this thread, eh? I can't believe you edited out the rest of my po...well, actually, I can believe you edited out the rest of my post. But seriously? You noted how easily these snacks will fall apart, but bite-sized strawberry S'mores...I think Michelle would adore that idea! Maybe you and Michelle can put out your own recipe book.
  • I cut out the nonsense. However the link is there, which I'm always careful to preserve for anyone to click to see the original post. It's an element of using the Internet.
  • I offered up my own opinion on the matter. Am I not entitled to that? You have certainly made your opinion (mostly about me) known.
  • You as well as Michelle obviously missed the other link I posted above. The Official USDA, which reports to the White House, taxpayer funded official way to make a S'more.

Michelle Obama missed this even though the USDA reports to her husband. (can't believe they waste tax money on this)

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Official S'more Recipe & Method

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events