Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 08:46 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Which isnt really accurate either, you just hear about it when an athlete does something. Among NFL players, rates of violent crime, sexual assault and domestic violence are still less than men in the general population.
It should be.
Think about it.
The world is their oyster.
Everything is thrown at their feet.
Why should they do stupid things, commit crime, or screw themselves out of everything they worked for?
And unlike the general population, they KNOW their acts will be publicized.

But their rates of divorce, cheating, and substance abuse are high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 08:54 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,770,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Which isnt really accurate either, you just hear about it when an athlete does something. Among NFL players, rates of violent crime, sexual assault and domestic violence are still less than men in the general population.
Yes - compared to the general population.

But when compared to their socioeconomic peers - NFL players, even the ones at the bottom of the NFL pay scale, are in the top 1% of income-earners in the United States, and NFL players have a poverty rate of 0% - the rates of arrest for violent crimes of NFL players is off the charts.
The Rate of Domestic Violence Arrests Among NFL Players | FiveThirtyEight

Old 05-30-2015, 10:39 AM

687 posts, read 912,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
What is wrong with the NFL that it has so many men that abuse animals and women? These guys should be locked up for a very long time because they are criminals.
It has very little to do with the NFL as an organization. It has everything to do with black "culture" in America.

These guys might make millions, but they are still low-class thugs (in the case of the ones who are: Vick, Lewis, Rice, Shembo, etc). Nothing is going to change their upbringing and underlying cultural lack-of-values.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
He has been fired. At least there's that.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:27 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,770,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post
It has very little to do with the NFL as an organization. It has everything to do with black "culture" in America.

These guys might make millions, but they are still low-class thugs (in the case of the ones who are: Vick, Lewis, Rice, Shembo, etc). Nothing is going to change their upbringing and underlying cultural lack-of-values.
Was it "black" culture that behind the multiple sexual offenses of Ben Roethlisberger? How about the felony sexual abuse of Jake Plummer? How about the sexual harassment by Peyton Manning? (Didn't know about that, did you? There's a reason he paid off his victim with a confidentiality clause.)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1694048

Beyond athletes, how about Sean Penn, Vince Neil, Mel Gibson? (All have been convicted of domestic abuse.)

You don't have to explain. I get it. You think that race is only relevant when a black person display a "lack-of-values"; when a white person does the same, race is irrelevant.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:34 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,077,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post

I call BS on this. Rappers who come in to new money? Yes. But these NFL boys have all been to college. They are educated men. They know better.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:36 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,986,182 times
a big tough linebacker is so scared of a 2 lb dog he has to kick it to death??

not such a tough guy after all, is he.....

Old 05-30-2015, 12:43 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,010,529 times
I can't say I'd NEVER kick, or kick at a dog. More than likely a Yorkie I'd try to just brush it aside. ONE kick to a Yorkie COULD kill it.

So we don't know that he "brutalized it" or beat it to death. People are acting like he cut the thing into pieces or something, A dog that small even swatting it hard could injure it. So how do we know it wasn't an accident.

I'm not ready to convict the guy yet....If a Yorkie comes it me.....it MIGHT get hurt. I wouldn't mean to hurt it. But I wouldn't let it bite me either. It doesn't take much to hurt a dog that small. So the death could have been unintentional.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:46 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,986,182 times
oh, PUUULLLLEAZE.....

you would be frightened enough of a TWO POUND dog to inflict injury upon it??

Old 05-30-2015, 12:49 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,786,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
I can't say I'd NEVER kick, or kick at a dog. More than likely a Yorkie I'd try to just brush it aside. ONE kick to a Yorkie COULD kill it.

So we don't know that he "brutalized it" or beat it to death. People are acting like he cut the thing into pieces or something, A dog that small even swatting it hard could injure it. So how do we know it wasn't an accident.

I'm not ready to convict the guy yet....If a Yorkie comes it me.....it MIGHT get hurt. I wouldn't mean to hurt it. But I wouldn't let it bite me either. It doesn't take much to hurt a dog that small. So the death could have been unintentional.
The dog's injuries were as follows:

The dog had a fractured rib, fractured liver, abdominal hemorrhage, thoracic hemorrhage, extensive bruising and hemorrhage in the muscles in her front leg and shoulders, head trauma, hemorrhage and edema in lungs, hemorrhage between the esophagus and trachea, and hemorrhage in the left eye with internal injuries

It sure sounds like he kicked or beat it to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events