Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 12:36 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,315,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Your posts condoning cruelty to dogs never fail to make me shake my head and reinforce my hatred of most people.

The dogs behavior you described is also the behavior of most children in public places. Do I get to drop kick THEM because they annoy me ? Most I'm allowed to do is roll my eyes and nope my way outta there.

I hope you're never in a position to kick MY dog. You'd leave your brats fatherless if you tried that on, buddy.
Children are just a WEE bit more important than pets, of course you don't kick.

I'm totally fine with letting your dog be, so long as they don't trespass into my living space uninvited over and over. Keep them reasonably quiet, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 12:47 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,708,701 times
This is disgusting. Seriously this big guy was that threatened? I believe in defending yourself against a dog but don't see a 2 lbs dog as needing this type of reaction. I'm a lot smaller and I was attacked by a Yorkie, the dog came to no harm. That dog meant to harm me and if he was bigger he would have as he was holding on and shaking. This big guy was so scared he had to resort to serious physical action.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:04 PM

400 posts, read 413,848 times
Happy birthday to Boo. Happy birthday to Boo. He looks like a monkey and he acts like one too.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:02 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,882 times
Well, being accused of rape while at Notre Dame should have been a red flag. The horrible thing is that the victim killed herself right after it became public. In college the football team at a school like Notre Dame are considered heroes. The student body, fans, and alumni tend to favor them even when they are criminals. It is all about winning which translates to money.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:54 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,914,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't understand this in the context of my post?
I took your post to mean that since he'd been charged and fired, there is nothing to protest.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:56 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,914,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Children are just a WEE bit more important than pets, of course you don't kick.

I'm totally fine with letting your dog be, so long as they don't trespass into my living space uninvited over and over. Keep them reasonably quiet, too.
Again...your opinion. Not mine. heres a deal: you keep your loud misbehaved urchins in line around me in public and in return I'll keep my sweet little Maltese away from you and quiet. Although truthfully he rarely barks, contrary to the urban myth and small dogs bark non stop.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:07 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,315,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Again...your opinion. Not mine. heres a deal: you keep your loud misbehaved urchins in line around me in public and in return I'll keep my sweet little Maltese away from you and quiet. Although truthfully he rarely barks, contrary to the urban myth and small dogs bark non stop.
Children are more important than pets no matter what anyone says. Any other view is right up there with the "opinion" that Hitler and Saddam Hussein were great guys.

Regardless, if fluffy rarely barks, I'm good. If he isn't prone to trespassing into my private living space personally harassing me, I'm good. If I'm dating someone and they treat that dog or cat better than me, we're done, and good riddance. I don't engage in personal relationships with the mentally insane.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:31 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,977,960 times
I think this situation is terrible but honestly I think the reaction to it is a bigger issue. You have a guy like Ray McDonald who is getting charged with domestic violence for a second time and possible child endangerment, not only is there no reaction about that on here, there isn't even a thread on this section. So now you have a guy who kills a dog and a no name guy at that and suddenly everybody cares.

What's my point? I think about situations like this and do not necessarily have an issue with people being upset, but I'm more concerned why people aren't this compassionate about the mistreat of another human being. Food for thought. People seem to get up and arms when these athletes kill these dogs, but then you have plenty of athletes who hunt and kill innocent animals for sport. Between this and all the rioting, one thing is clear, we have a lot of closet racists in our country who wait for situations to excuse their hatred for other races.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:35 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,688,785 times
I hate hearing these sad animal stories..

Such a lame excuse he gave to, poor dog!

Old 05-31-2015, 09:18 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,708,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I think this situation is terrible but honestly I think the reaction to it is a bigger issue. You have a guy like Ray McDonald who is getting charged with domestic violence for a second time and possible child endangerment, not only is there no reaction about that on here, there isn't even a thread on this section. So now you have a guy who kills a dog and a no name guy at that and suddenly everybody cares.

What's my point? I think about situations like this and do not necessarily have an issue with people being upset, but I'm more concerned why people aren't this compassionate about the mistreat of another human being. Food for thought. People seem to get up and arms when these athletes kill these dogs, but then you have plenty of athletes who hunt and kill innocent animals for sport. Between this and all the rioting, one thing is clear, we have a lot of closet racists in our country who wait for situations to excuse their hatred for other races.
What does being disgusted with this have to do with racist?

You could start a thread about McDonald. Sure People would be upset.

I find this absurd because it was a tiny dog. It's ridiculous.

If he or any one of these guys kicked to death a small child I'm sure the reaction would be the same. People would have a reaction and be disgusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events