Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 11:11 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,646,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
For the same reason that a housecat doesn't bite a coyote as he is shaking her to break her neck.
A house cat isn't above a coyote on the food chain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 11:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,716,899 times
First thing I thought of was, "Gee the audio-anamatronic animals are very life like *CHOMP*" The guy is a certified dumbace.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:14 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,646,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Well.....armed with 12 gauge shotgun loaded with slugs or 00 buck would have clarified who was atop the food chain (opposable thumbs FTW!).....but my guess is you are also an anti-gunner.....though no doubt one who would be screaming "SOMEONE SHOOT IT!!!" when it was ripping you or one of your loved ones to shreds.
Why would you assume I am opposed to guns? I am within a foot of a firearm as I type this.

A device doesn't dictate place on the food chain. A deer could run out infront of a car causing them to swerve and kill a person, but survive itself. Does that make the deer above humans on the food chain? An elephant could stomp a lion to death, that is completely irrelevant of the foodchain.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:34 AM

482 posts, read 940,925 times
How effin' stupid do people have to be? Who in their right mind needs to be that close to several prides of lions???? You're asking to be lunch. Isht happens when you don't respect nature. Siegfried and Roy and that annoying Aussie man can tell you better than I can. Respect nature, or else.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainnj View Post
kick it in the nuts

lololoolololol :d

Old 06-02-2015, 12:53 AM

There is a Safari in South Central Florida, and the animals are free like this, but they warn you several times to keep your windows up, and of course we saw some people with theirs down. The lions had their own electric gated enclosure however. They are HUGE...when I think about the rhino's and giraffe and other HUGE animals in that safari, we had NO BUSINESS there. Won't do it again.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:36 AM

50,096 posts, read 35,727,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent hypnotist View Post
On behalf of the human race I apologise. Most people don't keep car windows open while driving past cute, cuddly lions who just want to play a friendly game of lion wrestlemania. I beg all alien life forms in the universe who have concluded from this that earth isn't worth saving, please stop and think of the more intelligent life forms that are here. Such as John Oliver.
She had a South African tour guide in the car with her, maybe he told her it was okay and she thought he knew what he was talking about. She wasn't trying to play with it, she was trying to photograph it. I'm not saying what she did wasn't a stupid mistake, but IMO she doesn't deserve mockery.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:45 AM

10,923 posts, read 21,868,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Who in their right mind would have all windows completely opened while in close proximity to lions?
Didn't you read the article?

American tourist. All you need to know...

Old 06-02-2015, 07:02 AM

30,457 posts, read 17,876,776 times
Tragic. While I obviously urge people to keep their windows close during such trips (as does the park itself), I do note that this is not a rule that's really enforced, but, rather, one that seems to be there for liability purposes only.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:01 AM

20,058 posts, read 18,211,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's simple physics. I don't need to read some guy's personal journal or book to understand that. Did you read about the guy that had Grizzlies all figured out right up to the part one ate him? Personally, I think one would be a complete idiot to be roaming dangerous game in a car tempting fate but that's just me. I've seen how unpredictable wild animals can be. There are plenty of videos showing stupid human tricks with animals. I've seen someone get gored by a bison, some moron get attacked by a six point Elk, a bear actually break a window and crawl in the car while the idiots feeding it had to scramble out the other side. This all in Yellowstone.

But hey, if someone wants to tempt fate, keep the youtube videos fresh and coming!
Yeah, that WAS Timothy Treadwell. BTW, they think the girlfriend he had with him was on the rag, and for that reason alone had attracted the old bear that ate them both. And with it another good warning, lesson to learn, and common sense: DO NOT GO IN THE OCEAN, GRIZZLY TERRITORY, OR ANY PLACE LIKE--- WHILE BLEEDING PROFUSELY FROM ANY ORIFICE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events