Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 05:05 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I did
you sound like an apologist...
maybe its possible in your "world" to leave a toddler in a car all day
but in MY world its not,,,unless you are a complete raving moron, or its on purpose

there is just NO way a good parent does this...especially a flucking toddler...who the hell watches the kid, fairies??

I cant believe people make excuses for this...its totally inexcusable I don't care how busy you are
I'm not an apologist.

I'm a realist. I also understand that life and humans are imperfect and good people make terrible mistakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Yes they are. If you run a red light and cause a accident that results in a fatality you are on the hook for vehicular manslaughter. An avoidable accident that costs someone their life is manslaughter.
I don't necessarily agree with prison time for accidents either.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Seriously? You're putting forgetting someone's birthday with an incident like this.
Because when things are routine the brain treats both incidents the same!

Its not FORGETTING, its BELIEVING you've already done what you were supposed to do.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:31 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,134 times

??? The one in the OP post where the child died...... Parents wasn't charged.... But the story above had a different outcome.

I wonder white... I mean why.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:37 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Yes they are. If you run a red light and cause a accident that results in a fatality you are on the hook for vehicular manslaughter. An avoidable accident that costs someone their life is manslaughter.
That is not true. People die in accidents every day, 99.9% are avoidable, they don't arrest and prosecute all the drivers. You are mistaken about this. If the person ran the light on purpose, yes, but not accidentally.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:48 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,607,047 times
If you are able to turn in at your street when you intended to drive past then you are capable of forgetting a child is in the back. Magritte, unfortunately I was only able to rep you once.

The biggest danger around kids being left in cars are the people who think they're immune and so don't build safeguards into their day. The smart people are the ones who hear that it happens as a quirk of the brain to normal people in situations where their normal routine is changed and who put safeguards in place.

Good safeguards are having day care call if child is not there by 9am, a routine call to the other parent once you get to work, and keeping your bag or shoes in the back.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:52 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,055,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I posted a link to this article on page 2 of this thread, and in fact have posted it several times in the past whenever these types of incidents occur.

Whenever these types of things happen, or certain types of crime, some people feel a need to demonize to an extreme degree the perpetrators.

The thought process is easy to see. By portraying the perpetrators as monsters and animals with no conscience, it makes others feel good about themselves, because it can 'never' happen to them because they are diligent and good and moral people.
I don't think they are monsters, but I am puzzled by today's society.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:45 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,312,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
what the hell is wrong with people these days. who leave a child in the car?
are people really this stupid?

What is the BS that a parent forgets a toddler in the backseat. Was the parent that pre occupied, was she texting, and not paying attention.

It was murder, jail.

I hate this crap.
Totally with you. "oh that poor mom" How about that poor child? You should look at Memphis statistics - DAY CARE VANS! No freakin' excuse.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:47 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,614,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
??? The one in the OP post where the child died...... Parents wasn't charged.... But the story above had a different outcome.

I wonder white... I mean why.
Why are you so bound and determined to bring race into this? What is your point?

Old 06-04-2015, 08:34 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
I have no intention of reading such a long article. If you want to comment on my post, then feel free to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events