Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 11:59 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The question that I responded to, did not say anything about that girl.
Your position was that no white kids were thrown to the ground because none attacked a cop and the bikini girl Was manhandled because she attacked a cop.

The cop went after the girl when she finally was obeying his order to go away.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:02 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Read the accompanying article. It said nothing of that girl except about the many selfies she put up. It was nothing more than baiting their ignorant readers to judge all those black kids on a teenager who posted pictures of herself.
i did read the article. where does it say anything about judging all black kids?

and where - for the second time - does it say anything about a DIFFERENT teenager deserving to be tossed on the ground?

and if you can get around to it, how does posting someone's publically available selfie constitute 'character assassination'?

Old 06-09-2015, 12:07 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,691,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
2 things people of ALL races need to learn #1 when the police show up, shut up until you are spoken to. #2 When the police tell you to sit down, do it, and keep your mouth shut (see rule #1).

I don't know the whole story on the pool party incident, so I can't and won't comment on what happened but I would say the above is something that everyone needs to learn. If those were applied, there would be a lot fewer incidents where police use force.

Generally-speaking, a lot of people just don't use common sense when dealing with the police. People tend to ignore orders, argue, put their hands in their pockets (an obviously bad idea), among other things. I know people think that the police should always and will always show up and be calm and treat them like they are nice, innocent civilians who pose absolutely no threat but the police are tend to going to show up and expect the worst, particularly in a situation where they are heavily outnumbered or where they think violence might occur.

I am not stating that is the case with this incident, as I don't know enough facts about this incident but, in general, I think the above is true. These guys (and gals) deal with a wide range of calls every day and they really never know what is going to happen when they respond to a call. Situations can turn from decent, cordial conversation to violence in a hurry.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:17 PM

672 posts, read 810,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You saw one snippet of a video of a Rambo cop.
Do you think the entire pool incident happened within that video ?
That video was taken 45 minutes after the cops came. For all we know the White kids listened to the cops and left.

The cop was wrong. I'm in no way defending the cop.
The kid filming did have a pretty good point and his video does show it. The kid filming is white and his two friends standing with him were black. His friends were ordered to the ground. He wasn't.
He continued to film. He wasn't the only white kid standing there.

He also stated that many fled but his friends were standing there with him and brought flashlight to give back to the officer.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:22 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times

Cool. Charts and graphs. The red typeface is a nice touch although I would have used comic sans font.
Almost like reenacting "Alice's Restaurant". Can't have enough 8x10 glossy's!!!

Old 06-09-2015, 12:27 PM

89 posts, read 101,278 times
Default Exaggerated In My Opinion

Quote:
Yup. And now those people in that neighborhood are seeing vandalism and getting death threats.
Some told the media they are going to go away for a week until it all dies down.

Over 500 people showed up at that pool to protest the racist actions of that neighborhood.

The media turned this into another White vs Black issue.

Over 500 people showed up? Really. Talk about over sensationalized news coverage.

I've seen no photographs/video of vandalism or destruction that was caused by these teenagers. Only stories of racial slurs, complaints of explicit loud music at a party, and a fight that broke out between two girls plus a mom. One arrest.......

Word got out about party on Twitter. Kids showed up to have a good time. Why are they being called animals for attending what they thought was a legitimate social gathering. The alleged actions after finding out that the party was private is child-like behavior. Adults don't jump a fence to go to a pool party when you have been told you aren't wanted.

If the neighborhood really feels that the police saved the day, maybe they should display what they were saved from. Then the public can better understand their point of view. Sorry McKinney, Texas I don't see or hear what you were so concerned about.

In my opinion, they are over exaggerating this story to make is seem like it was bigger than it really is. Why is a neighborhood threaten by teenagers showing up in bathing suits to a private pool. It could've been handled differently. The response and reaction to the teenagers is by far the most ridiculous spectacle I've ever seen. When I view the videos I see kids walking in groups in swimsuits after the cops showed up.

Is this really the biggest new story that little McKinney, Texas has ever had?

Old 06-09-2015, 12:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherofanxiety View Post
Over 500 people showed up? Really. Talk about over sensationalized news coverage.

I've seen no photographs/video of vandalism or destruction that was caused by these teenagers. Only stories of racial slurs, complaints of explicit loud music at a party, and a fight that broke out between two girls plus a mom. One arrest.......

Word got out about party on Twitter. Kids showed up to have a good time. Why are they being called animals for attending what they thought was a legitimate social gathering. The alleged actions after finding out that the party was private is child-like behavior. Adults don't jump a fence to go to a pool party when you have been told you aren't wanted.

If the neighborhood really feels that the police saved the day, maybe they should display what they were saved from. Then the public can better understand their point of view. Sorry McKinney, Texas I don't see or hear what you were so concerned about.

In my opinion, they are over exaggerating this story to make is seem like it was bigger than it really is. Why is a neighborhood threaten by teenagers showing up in bathing suits to a private pool. It could've been handled differently. The response and reaction to the teenagers is by far the most ridiculous spectacle I've ever seen. When I view the videos I see kids walking in groups in swimsuits after the cops showed up.

Is this really the biggest new story that little McKinney, Texas has ever had?

Hundreds gather for march to McKinney pool | | Dallas Morning News

About 500 people marched from Comstock Elementary to the pool where the incident occurred.

Speakers vowed that their city would not become another Baltimore or Ferguson, Mo., cities where shootings of unarmed blacks led to days of unrest.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:39 PM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Evidently the homeowner should be fined by the HOA for hosting the party. As the adult, she is responsible for adhering to the HOA rules for use of the facilities. If she had not been so irresponsible, this debacle would have never happened.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:43 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
You saw one snippet of a video of a Rambo cop.
Do you think the entire pool incident happened within that video ?
That video was taken 45 minutes after the cops came. For all we know the White kids listened to the cops and left.

The cop was wrong. I'm in no way defending the cop.
and yet that is exactly what you are doing, defending , defending, defending even though you know it is indefensible

Old 06-09-2015, 12:47 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i did read the article. where does it say anything about judging all black kids?

and where - for the second time - does it say anything about a DIFFERENT teenager deserving to be tossed on the ground?

and if you can get around to it, how does posting someone's publically available selfie constitute 'character assassination'?
What was the point of them posting her Instagram pictures then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events