Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 01:01 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
because when some whites attack blacks such as this they call them racist names and slurs. Blacks attack whites we do not use racial names
I seem to recall Trayvon calling Zman a cracker. Can you explain that or is it selective logic?

Old 06-10-2015, 02:15 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,430 times
Courtney Vega isn't white.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,171,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You have used the term more than anyone else in this topic, by far. What race are you?
Okay, now you're just being intentionally obtuse.

The term was first used by a poster who identifies as white, and then you used it next in your claim that it was created by blacks.

Subsequent usage of the term by me was in response to its usage by a white poster asking for a source to the above claim you made. So of course I used the term so you knew what I was referring to, a term that was initially brought into the discussion by a white poster. You'll also note that I used quotation marks around the term every time.

I never once used the term to describe a specific person in this thread or involved in this story, unlike the poster who originally used the term. He used it to describe the perpetrators in the story, and he is the only one to do so.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/39945009-post155.html

Feel free to look through my posts in this thread to verify the above events.

Here you go: http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=18029477

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Crap you're right, I forgot the TOPIC POLICE. Darn.

Moral ground, that's another laugh on this thread. What's moral about stabbing and beating two people? Nothing, they should rot in a jail cell, oh, they are. End of story.
I'm not laughing at anything regarding the topic. I'm laughing at the irony of WK's post and your subsequent usage of said "tactics" in your post to me.

I suggest sticking to the topic at hand or at least refraining from attacking posters if you do not have anything constructive to say to me.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:22 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I seem to recall Trayvon calling Zman a cracker. Can you explain that or is it selective logic?
If someone was following you, you might call him a name when on the phone with a friend. I bet if a black man was following you, you just might call him a creepy-ass n*********

Old 06-12-2015, 01:33 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And you expect posters to take someone's unsubstantiated opinion as some sort of valid, credible claim?
No.

I just said that opinions don't have to be substantiated.

"That sculpture is beautiful" -- an opinion.

"More people live in New York than in San Francisco" -- a fact.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
yea all black are suspects ...ROLL EYES

Police even said they are awesome citizens, not record. The white thugs attacked them
And those "awesome citizens" were just star-gazing at 3:20 a.m.

I doubt that the police said anything about them being "good people."

Old 06-12-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:

... A police department source said the crime is unusual because the victims are good people who were just out having a good time. While city parks officially close at 11 p.m., the police source said it is not uncommon for people to hang out in parks after hours in some parts of the city.

http://www.chicagocrusader.com/chica...=8713&CityID=1
The above is undoubtedly a lie by the Chicago Crusader.

They don't even name the police department "source."

Why not?

How would the police know that the victims are "good people" when they don't even know the victims personally?

Why would the police refer to people who broke the law (by being in the park after 11 p.m.) as "good people"?

No police "source" would ever suggest that it is okay to break the law and hang out in the parks at 3 a.m just because a lot of people do it.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:34 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
If someone was following you, you might call him a name when on the phone with a friend. I bet if a black man was following you, you just might call him a creepy-ass n*********
Please read what I was responding to. He said blacks do not call whites racist names.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:34 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The above is undoubtedly a lie by the Chicago Crusader.

They don't even name the police department "source."

Why not?

How would the police know that the victims are "good people" when they don't even know the victims personally?

Why would the police refer to people who broke the law (by being in the park after 11 p.m.) as "good people"?

No police "source" would ever suggest that it is okay to break the law and hang out in the parks at 3 a.m just because a lot of people do it.
Illinois Supreme Court says newspapers have the right to "mis" quote without repercussions. They can say anything they want.

And I agree with everything you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events