Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 08:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I'm glad they caught and charged 4 of them so far. This happened at 3:20 in the morning. Curious what they were all doing in the park at that time and wondering if there is more to this story than we are hearing?
Two young men and two young women were arrested for attempted murder.

Absolutely nothing good can come from hanging out at a park at 3:30 AM.
A night of drinking and/ or drugging tends to culimate in violence in parks.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:54 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
Is this a white version of "knockout game"?

This reminds me of the toddlers who use to get gunned down at the same wee hours in drive-by shootings in DC some years back. Why were toddlers out on the street at that time?

Something is amiss in this story.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:59 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Is this a white version of "knockout game"?
I guess the Vega girl is a "white Hispanic".

Old 06-07-2015, 09:35 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
I wonder if these peoples' mothers will come out and say that their kids didn't do nothing and that they are currently turning their lives around.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:00 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,292,064 times
^Heck, we don't even need to wait for the media to do that. This forum already has.

Any actual indication it was?

Old 06-07-2015, 10:48 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Its too early to make any judgments about what happened. Lets wait until all the fact come out.
Thanks for the laugh, mate.

No, seriously. I literally laughed out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Off topic. Please stick to the topic at hand.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:00 PM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
Yes it happens again..No media coverage.Seems like the white mob just felt like out the blue of attacking and stabbing some blacks for no reason. Where are the parents? They should had raised those kids better!

A plea for support by way of a Facebook post started making its rounds early Wednesday morning. Kristina Fox of Chicago posted a horrifying account with graphic photographs of a vicious beating that nearly killed her and her brother Marcus Fox. The following is the full post from Kristina Fox:

“On the morning of Saturday, May 30, 2015, my little brother, Marcus Fox, my daughter’s father, Darrius Walton, and myself were sitting in [Chicago/Canaryville’s] Taylor Lauridsen Park conversing with 3 Caucasian people we had just met (Courtney, Kevin, and Jodie). Everyone was having a nice time. Approximately 7-9 more Caucasian people arrived in the park. My little brother being the social butterfly he is introduced himself and began chatting with the new arrivals. After about 30 minutes, one of the guys out of the group we initially met and another from the group that arrived later got into a verbal altercation with each other.

My little brother tried to calm things down but this soon escalated as everyone began jumping on him. It was at this point things turned for the worse as he and I fought this massive group of Caucasians consisting of both men and women. They were throwing glass bottles, crutches, bricks, and anything else they could find at us. As we continued to fight through this crowd of assailants to get away, more Caucasians came from out of nowhere and joined in brutally attacking us delivering closed fist blows and kicks to our bodies and head.

We began the fight of our lives. This MOB of around 20 Caucasians beat us until we were unable to move and left us laying in the park. My brother & I sustained multiple injuries. I was stabbed eleven times, eight times in the back & right shoulder, twice in the face & once in the head (which the knife was left lodged by one of the perpetrators). My brother was stabbed nine times, along his back, right side with one of the wounds causing him to have a punctured lung.

Neither of the siblings has any gang membership nor drug ties, according to police. A police department source said the crime is unusual because the victims are good people who were just out having a good time. While city parks officially close at 11 p.m., the police source said it is not uncommon for people to hang out in parks after hours in some parts of the city.

http://www.chicagocrusader.com/chica...=8713&CityID=1

4 are charged
4 charged in stabbing attack on brother, sister - Chicago Tribune

WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTOS:
https://bayareaintifada.wordpress.co...dia-is-silent/
The "bayareaintifada" ?
Springboard for News, Updates, Analysis & Action Alerts for 3rd World Liberation & Decolonization from the Bay Area & Beyond

Reading some of the things on there and comments from people like "the militant negro" is just too much.
I don't know what they are drinking or smoking in the bay area, but they have some of the most radical kooks in this country out there.

`

Old 06-07-2015, 11:18 PM

49 posts, read 70,414 times
I was born in this area. It is an enclave of poor Irish Americans surrounded by black areas on three sides. Villers are protective of the area because it has stayed safe, in no small part to the residents who patrol the area and keep watch. There is no bus line or train line in the area and the only retail besides dive bars is on Halsted. There is no reason for someone to be in that area unless they live there. It is notoriously insular and the only reason someone would normally be there in the middle of the night if they were non-resident would be to start trouble. These kids being black means they aren't from the neighborhood. Why were they there? Hanging out with resident friends? Villers don't use public school and it would be a bad idea for them to bring a black friend (where do they know him from?) to hang out especially at night because of the taboo on all outsiders being there. It would have been the same reaction if they were Polish kids. Outsiders are unwelcome because outsiders mean trouble. My brothers would have likely done the exact same thing and I see no real issue with it. They were defending their area from outsiders who have no good reason to be there especially at that time. The beaten kids knew better and so did whoever brought them there. You cannot possibly understand or pass judgement unless you're from there and know what it's like.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:24 PM

49 posts, read 70,414 times
The area is under CONSTANT attack to the point where folks have had to barricade through (east west) streets. It is not safe for anyone not from there or well known there to be there and if the attacked kids where from the south side they knew that. We moved when I was a teen but before that it was so insular that my cousins from Mount Greenwood (another Irish area on the South Side) would have to let me know they were visiting and I would have to tell folks that "such and such are coming to visit from Mt Greenwood, they are cool and they are with me" so they wouldn't get hurt on their way to our home. It's just how it is and I feel no sympathy for the kids that got beat. They knew better. I hope the villers get out soon and get bail posted. Tiocfaidh ár lá

Old 06-07-2015, 11:32 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
in chicago?
Eh, not in Chicago... I'll give you that. haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events