Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2015, 04:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,288,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
No, McKinney is not "urban" in that sense. McKinney is "suburban." This is a middle class area and these are all middle class kids. In fact, a number of them go to my church (where I am a youth leader--y'all are all invited) and we had some discussions about this incident this morning.

From the kids' point of view, this was a party at a local subdivision pool where a bunch of them are residents, a bunch more were invited guests, and a some were from outside the subdivision. Kids having a party right after graduation, and as far as the kids were all concerned, everyone was having fun.

Then the cops showed up, with one in particular going totally spastic.

"Screaming cop, oh, crap, someone's going to get shot!"

Did he really do a TJ Hooker roll, or was that just a pratfall?
What about the $5 admission price ? Did any of them tell you about that ?

Old 06-07-2015, 04:05 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,846,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Kids always post their lives on social media.

Here's why the cops were called...4 kids beating up on one kid in the parking lot of that community pool.

https://twitter.com/k1dmars

https://twitter.com/k1dmars/status/607031054147452928
And it looks to me from that video that the local adults broke that altercation up in about 10 seconds. And even if they were still fighting (they weren't) how do you need 9 squad cars to respond to that?

Old 06-07-2015, 04:05 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,944,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Everyone I know from England, Sikh couple with children and a group of Sufi Muslims was glad to leave and move to the US. Claim they have many more freedoms here than in England. Economic freedom. Educational freedom, gun ownership, religious freedom(if you can believe that), medical care( that one surprised me), more freedom to move about the country and live where you want.
You are talking about ones now in this country?
Imagine that! Talking nicely to citizens about this country when living here.

What do you think would happen if I moved to India and said to all the citizens there what a **** hole it is?

How about going to English Forums and see what the ones living there think instead?

Old 06-07-2015, 04:06 PM

28,619 posts, read 18,658,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What about the $5 admission price ? Did any of them tell you about that ?
That was some outside yahoo trying to charge money for something that was free--totally unauthorized.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:06 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,944,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
The question is was there anything to "handle". If it was really a pool party and the one who called the cops didn't know that, the appropriate thing would have been to ask one of the kids and then verify with the responsible adult. Calling the cops in that situation is the last thing to do. On the other hand, maybe there is more to it that we don't know. Why did the kids run?
Not only that, but from the video, they are all outside the pool.
What is there to handle at that point?

Old 06-07-2015, 04:08 PM

13,282 posts, read 7,833,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
The question is was there anything to "handle". If it was really a pool party and the one who called the cops didn't know that, the appropriate thing would have been to ask one of the kids and then verify with the responsible adult. Calling the cops in that situation is the last thing to do. On the other hand, maybe there is more to it that we don't know. Why did the kids run?
Most of the kids were sitting around looking like they were doped up on summer sunshine.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:09 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,425,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
And it looks to me from that video that the local adults broke that altercation up in about 10 seconds. And even if they were still fighting (they weren't) how do you need 9 squad cars to respond to that?
The white women are heading back to a car. They are not residents either?

https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_t...iLVX2pJI-U.jpg

Old 06-07-2015, 04:10 PM

28,619 posts, read 18,658,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I see adults not taking responsibility. Hence police called in. Police dealt with it as they saw fit.

Whole thing could have been avoided if adults had taken responsibility for their kids. Nothing more to it than that.
Look at HappyTexan's own video link. There was a tussle (i.e., a standing wrestling match, not even throwing punches) that two local adults broke up in seconds before the police arrived. The adults did take responsibility.

Again, these are suburban kids, local to the area, local to the suburbs, middle class kids who were behaving no differently from white middle class kids.

There was one out-of-control cop. Why defend him when even the other cops are clearly unperturbed?

Old 06-07-2015, 04:11 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,587,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
You are talking about ones now in this country?
Imagine that! Talking nicely to citizens about this country when living here.

What do you think would happen if I moved to India and said to all the citizens there what a **** hole it is?

How about going to English Forums and see what the ones living there think instead?
These people are citizens after going thru our immigration system legally. The Sikh couple are doctors and the adults in the Sufi group are all in the computer tech field. The Sikh couple are personal friends of my wife and I. They haven't been back to visit family in England in 10 years and say they might never go back. Their family and friend just love vacationing here though.

Yeah I'll run right over to the English forums.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:11 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,846,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Is that one girl in the bikini the one that the cop is sitting on in the video?

Surprise, surprise, surprise.
Nope. I watched both videos closely again. The girl in the main video has a large neon yellow spot on the butt of the bikini. The girl in the fight video does not. Similar look but not the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events