U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 07:45 PM

480 posts, read 774,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed.

In first world countries, it's the choices that people make in how they lead their lives, which affect lifespan the most.

Can't ignore the fact that some people are "first world" due to no action of their own....how far would you like to go with your flawed rhetoric?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 07:53 PM

963 posts, read 552,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Nichelle Nichols. Need I say more.
Yeah. Who the heck is Nichelle Nicols?

Old 06-08-2015, 07:54 PM

520 posts, read 390,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Yeah. Who the heck is Nichelle Nicols?
Uhura

Old 06-08-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
Uhura
Now THAT name I remember. Growing up on the first Star Trek made me realize that I wasn't a homosexual (the short skirts of the 60s)

Old 06-09-2015, 06:33 AM

758 posts, read 586,824 times
Cool I Am Not Surprised:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
A study conducted by Harvard reveals a youthful gene that 1 in 5 blacks carry. Explains the statement "black don't crack" lol.

Young gene shaves years of age with black people twice as likely to have it | Daily Mail Online
I am so proud for them. And I am also very envious.

African Americans / Africans have a high risk of health problems, and a shorter life span. However, most of them seem to be very tanned, muscular, and otherwise very healthy. It makes sense for them to look young for their age.

I am not black. But despite not being black it seems other people have thought I am much younger than my actual age.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:01 AM

2,634 posts, read 1,043,510 times
I know a couple of white women who don't seem to be that old. Yet there skin is very wrinkled and the skin seems be be... how do I want to put it, ahhh "detaching from the flesh." Really, like it is falling of the body. I wonder what is the reason for that?

Old 06-09-2015, 07:41 PM

18,640 posts, read 13,803,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
Uhura
I love Nichelle, but even she cracked. Apparently "time waits for no one". I think she turned into an old Jewish woman from her looks, but in the end don't we all
Attached Thumbnails
Youth gene discovered, blacks twice as likely to carry it-nichelle_nichols.jpg  

Old 06-09-2015, 07:45 PM

207 posts, read 116,917 times
Sorry I have seen VERY FEW people look younger than their age. Of those they all have been darker-skin african or african-american.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:50 PM

207 posts, read 116,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
You do understanding what a saying is? And nah black dont crack-funny you think that the saying was based on this study? We've been saying this because even before the study most of us have been realized that collectively we tend to age better. That'd nothing against you, but observing races and how they age i would say that yes we do age pretty well.

Haters will hate though regardless lol!
If you put the average white woman/man against an average black woman/man of comparable age and health it is really not a question who would look more youthful. I don't think a study needs to corroborate that fact. Look to nothing but the beauty and skin-care ads notice they rarely target darker skin women, because they do not need it.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racks View Post
Sorry I have seen VERY FEW people look younger than their age. Of those they all have been darker-skin african or african-american.
Everyone guesses my age 15 years less than my actual age, and I'm a white British-American (hyphenation used to appease/mock those who hyphenate their loyalties)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events