Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 07:14 AM

8,358 posts, read 25,196,230 times

Advertisements

A friend posted on FB last night that some guys were harassing a few intoxicated people with a drone (last night) outside of a bar.

Not sure of the outcome but he is the type of guy who would have went "looking" for the pilot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 07:47 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,545,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
The drone downer was right, tired of these stupid, creepy drones. Let's hope the drone's owner has his case thrown out of the courtroom like the drone was thrown out the sky.
I'm tired of Harley guy revving his motorcycle. I'm tired of yappy dog owner tossing their noise machine in their backyard. I'm sick of pulling up to "everybody needs to hear my music" guy next to the light. However, just because they annoy the heck out of me, it doesn't mean I get free reign to destroy their property.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:02 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,133,426 times
While I recognize that what the shirtless man did was illegal and he should pay for his act. I can also understand that this company is probably flying their drones all day and evening in a residential area and it is probably annoying.

The man should have gone to court and sought an injunction to force them to "work" in an industrial area.

I certainly wouldn't want to live next to someone who decided to open a chainsaw company next door.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:03 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,526,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm tired of Harley guy revving his motorcycle. I'm tired of yappy dog owner tossing their noise machine in their backyard. I'm sick of pulling up to "everybody needs to hear my music" guy next to the light. However, just because they annoy the heck out of me, it doesn't mean I get free reign to destroy their property.
You know Pedro, you and I agree on most things, and it's difficult to argue this logic.

On the other hand, if there is a drone buzzing in front of you there's going to be an almost primal urge to swat it like a bug. The noisy Harley & dog do require a different approach for sure.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:24 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,822,511 times
Meanwhile, here in reality, there are laws...
Attached Thumbnails
Man swats 00 Drone out of Air with tee shirt.-no-drone.jpg  

Old 06-11-2015, 09:12 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,545,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You know Pedro, you and I agree on most things, and it's difficult to argue this logic.

On the other hand, if there is a drone buzzing in front of you there's going to be an almost primal urge to swat it like a bug. The noisy Harley & dog do require a different approach for sure.
If it were approaching me and was a danger, yes; however, in the video the man went to the drone, not the other way around.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:49 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,361,168 times
It's an invasion of the guy's hertz zone as far as I'm concerned. Yes, he's not legally in good standing, but if claims court is the venue and he's right about asking them to NOT fly over his house, and if the cam crew cannot convincingly demonstrate their character assassination of the guy if I was the Judge my sympathy would be with the swatter and suggest to the crew that they "secure the scene" for safety and get permission for all neighbours affected, which IS THE LAW for film crews that are legit and const. crews for that matter when you impact a neighbourhood that isn't expecting your arrival.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:52 AM

5,648 posts, read 5,070,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Maybe you did not read the OP.
No, I did read the OP, the referenced story and watched the video. You assert that there is no statute against defending one's self. My question stands, against what danger or apparent threat was he defending himself? He is quoted as saying "If you put that over my house, I'm going to be p***** off". That's hardly something which involves any form of self defense.

As for the multitude of idiots (here and elsewhere) who advocate getting out the shotgun, I guess firing a weapon on the street pales in comparison to the misplaced outrage of a camera-bearing toy operating in the area. The paranoia and ignorance surrounding operation of quadcopters would be amusing if the stupid responses did not create more actual danger than the toys themselves.

At Great Falls National Park, the US Park Service launched a multimillion dollar multi-ton helicopter after a hobby drone, creating far more potential risk to those underneath than the toy ever did. And probably used several thousand dollars worth of fuel in the effort. The "offender" received a $65 ticket. Had that been me, the laughs alone would have been worth that $65.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smxql2PXehI

Old 06-11-2015, 02:14 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,871,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
Doesn't matter if you shoot it with a gun or swat it with a baseball bat --- destroying a drone is still FELONY vandalism and you'll be spending 6 months of quality time in the county jail and getting unwanted rectal exams daily. Have fun with that, bubsy!
Is that your prison nickname and favorite pastime?

Old 06-11-2015, 02:20 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,871,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Doesn't matter whether he wants them flying over his house or not, they can still do it.

Small claims will likely tell him to pay for the drone. Case closed.

Ordering one to pay for something and collecting are two different matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events