Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 03:15 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh, I disagree, in the case I'm speaking of. My camp is not a "public place". I don't care about legal technicalities, someone's camp is not a space to violate. Especially as far in the remote as I'm talking. Buzzing someone's camp with a drone and watching /snapping pics and vid , is an uninvited and unwelcome intrusion. Someone may as well stomp in with their camera and stand there taking shots. Stumbling on my camp by accident is one thing. Locating and observing with a video recorder is quite another.

That's a deliberate a d unamusing act. Invading someone's campsite, even via a remote controlled method, is NOT cool.
How often do people use drones to spy on campers in remote areas? You also said you would be tempted to shoot down a drown if you saw a hunter using it in his hunting. What gives you the right to do that. If he is using the drown for an activity that doesn't violate your privacy what gives you the right to damage his property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
Only mistake dude made was not locking and loading and shooting the thing down! Yee haw!!
So its ok to damage someones personal property while it is in a public space?

Old 06-09-2015, 03:47 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,479,051 times
Here's another invention that has the nation's lawyers rubbing their hands together.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:02 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
HA! I love this. Thanks. I hope people start shooting them down.

Wonder what will happen when drones have caused a few deaths - like distracting a driver.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:06 PM

76 posts, read 87,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
They were filming a commercial on a public street,what they were doing was totally legal there was no threat to any one and no cause to destroy the drone.
I'm thinking a court case would end up having the fat guy paying for the damages he caused.
The local DA is prepared to file FELONY VANDALISM charge against this fat drunk --- any destruction of private property over $900 is a felony in California.

Makes all you "anti-drone" freaks think twice before touching my wonderful flying machine.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
HA! I love this. Thanks. I hope people start shooting them down.

Wonder what will happen when drones have caused a few deaths - like distracting a driver.
You can't just "shoot down" an expensive drone, dum dum!

Shooting down a perfectly legal drone means a FELONY vandalism charge in all 50 states since the DJI Phantom is over $1,000 retail price.

You better think carefully about your Hee-Haw mentality over drones or else you're gonna be spending 6 months in the pokey with LOTS of time to reconsider your costly mistakes!

Old 06-09-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
The local DA is prepared to file FELONY VANDALISM charge against this fat drunk --- any destruction of private property over $900 is a felony in California.

Makes all you "anti-drone" freaks think twice before touching my wonderful flying machine.

This actually makes me happy. If there is one thing I can't stand its a vigilante.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I am prepared with a loaded shotgun if someone drones over my yard in my neighborhood. If you want to play with your toy, take it to a park or public area.
Be prepared to be spend 6 months of quality time in your county jail once I contact the police and they file FELONY VANDALISM charges against you, bubsy! Any destruction of private property over $1,000 is an automatic felony charge in all 50 states --- look it up, it's in the law books.

Now let's see you act tough, Mr. Tough Guy.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ownership of space above property is more complex than you make out. While you are not given permission to shoot at aircraft, aircraft are not free to simply violate your backyard. The FAA does specify minimum flying height for aircraft in most urban areas. Violate that and you are in violation of federal law. It's 4000 ft where I live.
You must've just crawled out from a cave if you think aircraft aren't allowed to fly under 4,000 ft. over your property!

I can post lots of video of medical and police helicopters flying over my property at around 300-400 ft. on a regular basis. Even private pilots in 2-seater planes routinely fly over my house at 300 ft.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:17 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I think they got their commercial. Not so sure about verdict of case, if there is one. However the story says the man claims drone had been flying over his house which he had told them not to do. (apparently more than once)
This is better than what they were shooting. I laughed and watched it again. So great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events